Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video (77726 Views)

Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant / She's Dark, Beautiful And A Female Barber (Photos, Video) / African Brothers Roasting Corn To Eat And Survive On The Streets Of Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by Dacronym(m): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
That one will not stop me from going there if I have the opportunity
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by selemempe: 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
OneCorner:
We igbos move, others follow.
We are everywhere and we run the show
Igbo amaka
why do u hate igbos so much bro?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by RaptorX: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
The iconic city of Paris have basically been turned to an African and Arab ghetto, most of the whites have fled to the outer suburbs. And you wonder why most Europeans now have strong anti immigrants sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by ehissi(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
Forgerrabout!! All those corn whey get sand sand. Na boli na E sure pass....
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by peetay(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
That's correct. Its popular business amongst the francophone West Africans. Its sold almost everywhere there is a concentration of Africans. Some indigenes even patronize it. Its prepared and sold similar to how suya is done in Naija.
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by jibs4lv(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2018
cassidy1996:
follow who?
you dey mind the corn head grin
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by AreaFada2: 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
Asquare84:
I thought those guys will be plucking money from trees base on the story I hear about Europe. This bulshit later they will pouse beside one luxurious car and post it on Internet to show that they are big boys it will surprise you that this guys left there respective country doing very well and go to Europe to be roasting corn

In Nigeria you have people from Dangote, top politicians, businessmen to pure water and ewa agoyin hawkers on the streets. It is same everywhere. The difference is that the middle class is MUCH larger in the West/developed countries than in Africa. Whereas about 70% of Africans struggle to survive, it might be 5 to 10% in developed countries.

Now consider an immigrant without any family members or money in a new country. He will have to hustle in the beginning, some up to 10 years or more to establish themselves.

If your uncle or cousin in America or Europe tells you how he suffers to earn money, maybe juggling two or three jobs, like most people at home, you might not believe him. Your focus will be on the nice house he has built or the fine cars he has at home. People simply hear what they want to hear.

Many foreign students work as cleaners and do other odd jobs to go through school. The great Zik of Africa and others after him all did odd jobs abroad studying. Contrary to common perception in Nigeria, washing dead bodies is not a common job. Westerners treat dead bodies with utmost respect and undertaker companies handle all that. Most are family businesses. In decades I have not seen any black immigrants doing body washing, not saying there won't be some. I'm familiar with handing over corpses to families after autopsy.

James Ibori worked in London stacking supermarket shelves and even connived with is wife working same place to steal goods. And he was caught and convicted for it.

I know an Ivoirien who used to clean toilets in Europe while studying law but is now a very successful lawyer. Most will move on to other things and a steady stream of new immigrants will start at the bottom.

6 Likes

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by EbolaParasite: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
thesicilian:
There's nothing wrong with what they are doing, the only problem is how they are doing it.
They should have packaged it well, using machines or covered fires, with showglass and neat environment, etc.

If no be panadol, it can never be like panadol. Na you go chop roasted corn inside showglass? Explain why workers (managers included) leave their continental meals served at lunch in various offices in V.I to go to one roadside mama put to chop Swallow/Garri when they can just eat the "eba" inside "show glass" in their office.. tongue

6 Likes

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by grandstar(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
There's high unemployment in France due to rigid labour laws that the present president is reforming.

That's why most immigrants like Britain.

Thank Margaret Thatcher who liberalised labour laws, weakened the unions and liberalised the economy.

Though she was anti-immigrant, her economic reforms enabled immigrants and their descendants to prosper.

The UK was deluged with immigrants from the EU because they easily found jobs unlike in France or Italy.

It was the deluge that overwhelmed Britons that a slight majority voted for a Brexit.

Hope they don't regret it

4 Likes

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by ogene007: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
Pat081:
Do u knw how much dey make with dat biz?
It's like you want to go and join them?
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by OneCorner: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

My Yoruba Muslim friend
grin grin grin
Who would be proud to be an Afonja sef
Don’t mind him. Afonjite

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by consultancy: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
lol. This really cracked me up. Seein able bodied men in Europe, sitting crossed-legged and roasting corn like Iya Sikira at Orile Iganmu grin

2 Likes

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by ZombieTAMER: 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
OneCorner:

Don’t mind him. Afonjite

Afonja go sleep

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by jumobi1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
Those corn roasters are paying heavy rent and building bigger homes in Africa than those making fun of them.
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by Akpacha(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lol see them, them go come back for xmas now the follow us the drag babes.
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by PropertyDeals(f): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2018
Interesting.
Anyways, please check our signature in blue below and get in touch for our free consulting services.

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
newbie2018:
nor be by force before to stay abload oh

what locality ...

BTW I need these two nairalanders contacts anybody please (these photos are from their profile on here)

How far are you wiiling to go for the contacts cool
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by anigold(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Some African migrants have taken to their hustling spirits with them abroad after not being able to secure meaningful jobs in Europe. A video currently trending online - shows some African men roasting corns on the streets of Paris, France capital city, in a bid to make ends meet.

According to Obiwest Utchaychukwu who posted the video, the men were spotted hustling at the busy area of Chateau Rouge Barbe and one corn is sold for 50 cent (around N200).

Some online users have reacted to the viral video with some saying this is better than carrying drugs or engaging in illegal business while others have argued that this is embarrassing due to the fact that they can also roast the corn in their respective countries, hence no need to travel abroad for greener pastures.

The Château Rouge area of Paris is regarded as an “African neighbourhood” with various activities going on there.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/african-hustlers-seen-roasting-corn-for-survival-in-paris-france-photos-video.html

Watch Video HERE.
grin grin grin grin grin ;Dthese niggas can't do this back home.. grin
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by madenigga(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
newbie2018:
nor be by force before to stay abload oh

what locality ...

BTW I need these two nairalanders contacts anybody please (these photos are from their profile on here)
D lady is brittanya razavi shes on ig.
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by mechanics(m): 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
How did they get the corn to roast?
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by sharpwriter(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
consultancy:
lol. This really cracked me up. Seein able bodied men in Europe, sitting crossed-legged and roasting corn like Iya Sikira at Orile Iganmu grin

Lolzz grin grin grin do yu like the scene? wink wink
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by OneCorner: 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Afonja go sleep
Shey u av anoda account abi I should report u for calling me afonja? grin grin grin
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
abnot:

It’s Paris . I bought corn there in 2014. It’s full of souvenir hawkers / corn vendors from Mali , Senegal , Ivory cost etc ..
And them go say dem de Europe?

1 Like

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by slimmykisses(f): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
It's France. The name of that area is chateau Rouge in paris, I have been there. Some people even roast groundnut on the streets. Some call customers for shop owners just like what they do in the market in naija.
e author=TonyeBarcanista post=69168268] The gods must be crazy but I no believe say that place in France. [/quote]
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by ZombieTAMER: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
OneCorner:

Shey u av anoda account abi I should report u for calling me afonja? grin grin grin

Which akant are you yapping about grin grin
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by spiritedtete: 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2018
Some part of Europe and Asia roast corn naa.. not just an African thing. The only thing you will hardly find outside Nigeria is Yam and plantain also palm oil
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by MrI2015(m): 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
In 2016 Christmas, I went to a wedding ceremony with my cousin who pointed one guy there that sells corn in Belgium, to them over there he is nobody but to their greatest surprise, the guy has finished his upstair (mansion) in the village, one in town, married with kids and driving one exotic jeep. I asked my cousin again, you mean he sells corn in Belgium? He wears short to run around for his corn and meat businesses there.When the time of corn phases out, he will divert to selling suya-like meat.The guy is very clean and yellow like"oyibo".So , it is better to be making good cash like that than moving around the streets with many certificates or siting in an air conditioned office with little to show for it.
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by OneCorner: 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Which akant are you yapping about grin grin
So if dem ban dz one, U go still get anoda one.
Abi wetin u feel
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by ZombieTAMER: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
OneCorner:

So if dem ban dz one, U go still get anoda one.
Abi wetin u feel

Have we met before?
Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by Aboguede(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
All of u that want be in the next flight to anywhere out of Nigeria, please this topic is exactly the conditions of Europe today.

Sweet abroad full of money.

1 Like

Re: Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video by stedysbaba: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
One of 'em is still in training !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? / CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.