Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry (1941 Views)

How Much Is WAEC Scratch Card And Where Can I Get It? / Is Waec Result 2019/2020 Out | Waec Result Checker / When Is WAEC Result May/june 2018/19 Is Coming Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by ChuksEpells: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2018
Good day everyone.
I just checked my students waec result, and most of them got D or E8 in chemistry.
Not only my school but other Neighbouring schools.
Parents are attacking the school.
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by dingbang(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2018
ChuksEpells:
Good day everyone.
I just checked my students waec result, and most of them got D or E8 in chemistry.
Not only my school but other Neighbouring schools.
Parents are attacking the school.
they should attack their children for not reading well... Nonsense e
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by bizza45: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2018
either d teachers are not teaching them enough or the students are not reading enough ...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by ChuksEpells: 8:55am On Jul 08, 2018
dingbang:
they should attack their children for not reading well... Nonsense e
grin
LET ME TELL YOU A SECRET
parents no longer pay for waec, they pay for WAEC+EXPO

1 Like

Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by daveP(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2018
Tayad of Naija as a whole. When I look back on the whole WAEC system, I just SMH cos it's all like chasing after the wind. cos this exam is more like an obligation to nonentity than to reality.

They keep Tryna form that they are a respectful body and a that, but we know they leak and leak and leak and rake in cash and cash and cash. Then they now bring paper and call it result that many thinks decides their future.

Crappy edusystem

Overhaul is needed.

Teachers must be respected and praised

But no the FG would continue to say it has "other pressing issues to attend to"
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by flames007(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
chemistry is a subject that is so simple yet very easy to fail.it requires precise answering skill.that's the reason I wrote waec four times in which I got distinction In it the fifth time.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by Geosystem(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2018
I loved chemistry wella, when I was in sec school, especially organic chemistry, just like the guy above me said, there is a technical way to answer chemistry questions when you get it bam at least a C6 will be your lot. but it entails reading
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
There poster I would advise that your teachers should engage themselves in marking waec. There are a lot of techniques has some persons said that you might not know. Waec at times update their syllabus and marking scheme hence many students may be used to a particular definition but it has become obsolete. I was part of the team for waec and I saw many things that goes on over there. Things are changing while the standard of marking hasn't. Your students should study hard because waec are strict when marking

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by akezn: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:
There poster I would advise that your teachers should engage themselves in marking waec. There are a lot of techniques has some persons said that you might not know. Waec at times update their syllabus and marking scheme hence many students may be used to a particular definition but it has become obsolete. I was part of the team for waec and I saw many things that goes on over there. Things are changing while the standard of marking hasn't. Your students should study hard because waec are strict when marking

This is so true. I marked waec for the first time this year. It was really an eye opener for me.
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
Uncle.. I passed 3/9 subject...I punished myself for two days
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by CHEMEASY(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
I am an examiner, Chemistry 2 to be precise
I must inform you, racism apart, I marked not less than 256 scripts this year, all from the east, out of about 8 centres marked, only ten students wrote anything above average.
First, the content was nothing comparable to the marking guide then the quality of the write up is zero.
my advice: Let the school Chemistry teacher have the waec marking guide so that he/she teaches the needed and not the wanted
Lastly, the school itself should not pretend it's innocent, needless to say, something must be lacking, whether standard teacher, laboratory or proper organisation. most of our schools are profit making industries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by Almost1stclass: 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
CHEMEASY:
I must inform you, racism apart, I marked not less than 256 scripts this year, all from the east, out of about 8 centres marked, only ten students wrote anything above average.
First, the content was nothing comparable to the marking guide then the quality of the write up is zero.
my advice: Let the school Chemistry teacher have the waec marking guide so that he/she teaches the needed and not the wanted
Lastly, the school itself should not pretend it's innocent, needless to say, something must be lacking, whether standard teacher, laboratory or proper organisation. most of our schools are profit making industries

You are absolutely right!!!
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by dprpikin: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by shegzy2009: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
CHEMEASY:
Pls can you help with this year Chemistry 2 marking guide.
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 09, 2018
ChuksEpells:

grin
LET ME TELL YOU A SECRET
parents no longer pay for waec, they pay for WAEC+EXPO
No wonder the scripts I examined was withheld. Parents have to be careful because many examiners are strict
Re: Why Is Waec Failing Chemistry by Tlyon(m): 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2018
Marked WAEC during my sss2 days what i notice about physics & chemistry was that when student are been supplied (expo) they all write from same page without adding a number value to the work to make it diff 4rm each others(like lab prep & reading)

(1) (Reply)

PLAB 1 Dates For Nigeria In 2019 / WAEC GCE 1st Series 2019 Timetable Is Out / Law As A Second Degree!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.