Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. (5041 Views)

Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? / Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Agluvs9ja(f): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2010
I have this friend who lets her children bathe by themselves nd help her do sum little chores at home. The oldest is nearly 6yrs nd d other one is 2yrs. Recently i helped her babysit d kids while she nd her husband went on a trip, nd while i was bathin them i discovered sum dirtlike substance in their 'konko below'. I had 2 discuss this wit my friend, nd she complained abt how tired she gets by d tym she is home frm work, she doesnt have any extra hand 2 help out, nd besides d eldest is old enough 2 bathe herself nd her younger sista nd bla bla bla. i rily wanted 2 tell her then that d kids are 2 young 2 handle such responsibities, bt she is not d type who listens 2 other people. . . she is pregnant wit baby no3 nd im wondering how she's gonna handle her household responsibilities.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2010
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Moyola(f): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
M gona bath mine 'til they're well into their teenz! cheesy
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Outstrip(f): 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
Moyola:

M gona bath mine 'til they're well into their teenz! cheesy
Yeah maybe you will stop when your sons penis pokes you in the eye. Chaircover is right. The 6year old should be okay with some supervision but not the baby
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Moyola(f): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
Outstrip:

Yeah maybe you will stop when your sons manliness pokes you in the eye.

grin yu really think he'd get an erekshun?! m hiz Mom o! tongue
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Outstrip(f): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
LOL ok o. My 3 year old got an erection(maybe not that type) when I was taking off his diaper in the morning. I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat. He even laughs when I wash him there. Very soon I will be leaving him to handle his business.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2010
A 2 years olf kid and even a 6 years old bathing self is nonsense.
That is too young and needed supervision to bath very well and be clean.
Doing some little chores around the house, like bring me remote control is kool, but hope not tell them to go and cook hot dogs
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
Outstrip:

LOL ok o. My 3 year old got an erection(maybe not that type) when I was taking off his diaper in the morning. I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat. He even laughs when I wash him there. Very soon I will be leaving him to handle his business.

Well, his dad could wash him and all that.
Cos i think most kids cant wash very clean at a tender age
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Outstrip(f): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Well, his dad could wash him and all that.
Cos i think most kids cant wash very clean at a tender age

He is still a baby so I will do it till I feel comfortable with him doing it himself. I was making fun of miss lady up there because she was joking about bathing teenage kids.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
Outstrip:

He is still a baby so I will do it till I feel comfortable with him doing it himself. I was making fun of miss lady up there because she was joking about bathing teenage kids.

I feel you jare my sister, but bathing a teenage kids like was said above is going too far.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Outstrip(f): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
LOL. I agree but I think she was joking
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Moyola(f): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
Outstrip:

Lol! itz a good sign tho! cheesy

Fhemmmy:

I feel you jare my sister, but bathing a teenage kids like was said above is going too far.

Is she really yur sista? cheesy . . .yeah goin too far yu say! juz kuz everyone stopz bathing their kidz when they're teenz doesnt mean I shud. tongue
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
Moyola:

Is she really yur sista? cheesy . . .yeah goin too far yu say! juz kuz everyone stopz bathing their kidz when they're teenz doesnt mean I shud. tongue

If you truly took offence to that, Then, my sincere apologies.
I guess one man's meat is another man's poison, you could even bath the child in his wife bathroom . . . . tongue
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Outstrip(f): 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
rotflmao. Femi please stop. I think I just cracked a rib laughing
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by mukina2: 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
Leave Baby K to bath herself? she  will finish the soap and if possible bath till next week grin grin

leaving kids to bathe themselves na wahala, the water will be finished on their head, they wont be clean grin

sometimes i let her do it first, and when she is finished i now bathe her wella. they just want to play with the water.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Moyola(f): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

If you truly took offence to that, Then, my sincere apologies.
I guess one man's meat is another man's poison, you could even bath the child in his wife bathroom . . . . tongue

Az d emoticonzz imply. . .no offence taken! uhmn! tongue
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 2:17am On Jun 11, 2010
Outstrip:

rotflmao. Femi please stop. I think I just cracked a rib laughing

Ok . . .Stopped
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 2:18am On Jun 11, 2010
Moyola:

Az d emoticonzz imply. . .no offence taken! uhmn! tongue

You think i was actually saying pele . . . . Pele ko, ndo ni. . . . . . . cool
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Osama10(m): 2:23am On Jun 11, 2010
Thats way too young.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Ojumiii(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2010

That child is true son of is father, i am sure is father is really reallay gooooooooooooooood
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by princekevo(m): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2010
Lazy mothers we got these days. Work has become a very good excuse for their failure as mothers.
When the kids become an adult with an uncontrollable body odour, people will began to ask how. This is jst how it all began, leaving a kid beyond 10years to bath him/herself.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by eloii: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
Men dat don't allow their wife 2 work, i don't blame them. A grow-up child should be at the age of 8-10, even through u want d child 2 take her bath, it could be in d afternoon after school hour. But for morning and evening d mother suppose 2 be giving bath 2 d children.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by fodiyo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2010
If you ask a child to bathe for himself, he will only wash his stomach (Igbo proverb) grin
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by ayomifull(f): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

A 2 years olf kid and even a 6 years old bathing self is nonsense.

God bless you.
I am very angry with the lady who is not ready for her responsibility and feel sorry for the innocent kids brought to the world by such parents. I only allow my 6 yr old to do that once a week and that's on saturdays.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by otukpo(f): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
Some comments really made me laugh.

Kids wld always want to play with water, they enjoy it a lot. My 4 yr old wld always tell me dt he can bathe himslf but i wont allow him do that. An adult should still bathe a kid at least once a day until the child is at least 10.

Some kids complexion start looking dull and dirty after a long period of not having a good bathe.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by yme1(f): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
both kids are too young to bathe themselves
she might let them do it if they want to just to learn
but must bathe them herself after they finish with their childish bath
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Lovemee(f): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2010
otukpo:

Some comments really made me laugh.

Kids wld always want to play with water, they enjoy it a lot. My 4 yr old wld always tell me dt he can bathe himslf but i wont allow him do that. An adult should still bathe a kid at least once a day until the child is at least 10.

Some kids complexion start looking dull and dirty after a long period of not having a good bathe.

I feel u! It is important that children get good baths often.
My daughter is always crying about her not being allowed to bath herself. She will be 5 by July.
I do allow my house help to bath her once in a while, and at other times I do it myself.
The importance of this task can not be over-emphasised, especially for a growing girl who needs thorough washing down there.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by wazobiang: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
what a loss of motherly care.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by adetoru(f): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
Both my  older kids(6 & cool have been bathing thmselves since either of them was 5 but my daughter who's 6 in august,I bathe in the mornings.I, too,do not have any help but I try my best.
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by denony(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
Outstrip:

that boy must be a rockamania lol
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by speeddater: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
The Six year old can bath while i brush and fix my hair on the weekdays. and when he/she is done i can wash his/privates properly. Will give him/her a good scrub down on Saturdays and Sunday. For the six year old it really is about teaching him/her to take responsibility for his/her own personal hygine. I will also expect him to know that dirty clothes go in d laundry basket and dirty plates go in the kitchen sink. Will also expect her to dress herself if i lay out her outfit for the day

The 2 year old cannot and should not be allowed to bath or play with water in the bath room by herself. Period
Re: Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?. by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2010
So great to know that we still have some mothers that knows what it takes to be a mother and not just being Mom. . . . God bless all the mothers in the house

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow!!!! My Friend Picked My Call In The Middle Of Sex / A Sad Divorce Story That Will Make You Cry / Good News To All Gays And Lesbians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.