Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

The Best Library In Rivers State: The Port Harcourt Literary Society Library - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Best Library In Rivers State: The Port Harcourt Literary Society Library (4891 Views)

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa / An Overcrowded Street Market In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos) / N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Library In Rivers State: The Port Harcourt Literary Society Library by Rowland92(m): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2018
I am a regular user of libraries in Nigeria, our privately owned libraries are manageable but when it comes to public Library, poor handling and outdated facilities are what we see as stories to tell with cobwebs, poor lighting, and dirty seats etc. as companions to our reading.
However, When I visited an Ultra- Modern Library in Port-Harcourt (The Port-Harcourt Literary Society Library) donated by Shell Companies in Nigeria (A social investment project) to the Public as part of the commemoration of Nigeria’s Centenary few years ago and the announcement of Port-Harcourt as the world Book capital in 2014, I saw the best public library in Rivers state or even Nigeria ever there.
The Ultra- Modern library has Children library (with reading tables and chairs, activity room for play and nap room for sleep), Adult library, Training facilities & Business Centre, Electronic library section. The Library is strategically located in the heart of Port-Harcourt, Behind Pleasure Park, and G.U Ake Road. Its serene environment with quality power supply, air conditioned and quiet environs enhances a wonderful reading experience. The Library opens Mondays to Saturdays, it is secured, safe and close to nature as the Port-Harcourt Pleasure park and The Python Golf course are its neighbours.
To add, The Library also host a lot of literary events, seminars, workshops, conferences etc. that enhances the literary level of all. It also have halls, meeting room and training facility for rentals. Am glad I have found a home in the library, The Port-Harcourt Literary Society Library is more than just a library, it is indeed a blessing to solve the poor reading culture in our Nigerian Society. Join in this wonderful reading experience by visiting this library and testify your story like me.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Library In Rivers State: The Port Harcourt Literary Society Library by bamasite(m): 6:41am On Aug 03, 2019
Hope this place is still functioning? I need to go there today.

I will post my review and pictures when I am done.
Re: The Best Library In Rivers State: The Port Harcourt Literary Society Library by Steenie101: 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
I'm going there tomorrow. I love libraries

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons To Hire A Virtual Assistant Today / NAIRALAND CASH CODES: How To Make Money Using Your Nairaland Account (premium) / My Top 100 FIVERR Fun Facts And Tips - FATTKAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.