Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research (1089 Views)

How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished / 4 Things You Probably Do Not Realise Your Iphone Is Tracking / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Ijaya123: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2018
If for some reason you want people to think you’re rich, you don't have to buy a Rolex or a Porsche, simply get yourself an iPhone. According to a new paper from the National Bureau of Economic Research, there’s no better indicator of wealth than walking around with one of Apple’s handsets.
There are caveats to the research, but the paper, which is based on data from 2016, explains that owning an iPhone gave researchers a 69 percent chance of correctly identifying someone as “high-income.” The status is defined as “being in the top quartile of income for households of that type.” Since the data is from two years ago, it doesn't even take into account last year's $999 iPhone X.

It seems that owning an iPad back in 2016 was also a good indicator of wealth, though at 66.9 percent, it wasn’t as fancy as owning an iPhone. Even having an Android smartphone gave researchers a 59.5 percent chance of correctly predicting if someone had a healthy bank account, as did using Verizon (61 percent). The fourth-best brand indicator was if someone used Kikkoman soy sauce—a sign of wealth since 1992, when using Grey Poupon Dijon mustard was the number one indication you had plenty of cash.

In 2004, high-income indicators included owning a dishwasher, ordering any item via the internet, and having a personal computer. While owning a PC didn’t suggest someone was rich in 2016, the other two indicators from 2004 remained on the list.

The researchers used information from Mediamark Research Intelligence, which had a sample size of 6,394. As noted by Business Insider, data includes bi-annual questionnaires as well as information like household income from a face-to-face interview.

Sure Android fans will not like this news. grin cheesy grin

Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/75406-owning-iphone-best-indicator-wealth-claims-research.html

Cc: Mynd44; Lalasticlala

Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Nackzy: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2018
Which means all the girls in Nigeria dating married men and Yahoo boys are wealthy
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Ijaya123: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nackzy:
Which means all the girls in Nigeria dating married men and Yahoo boys are wealthy

Nigeria was not part of the survey. You know how we roll in this part of the world.
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Giddymoney(m): 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
Ijaya123:

Sure Android fans will not like this news. grin cheesy grin

Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/75406-owning-iphone-best-indicator-wealth-claims-research.html

Cc: Mynd44; Lalasticlala

Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Ijaya123: 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=Giddymoney post=69218001][/quote]

Are you one of them?
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Alejoc(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2018
Well it means higher body count for the lady youths in my area wink
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Tallesty1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2018
Ijaya123:

Nigeria was not part of the survey. You know how we roll in this part of the world.
A lot of gals owning iPhones in nigeria cannot afford the charger.
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Ijaya123: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
Tallesty1:
A lot of gals owning iPhones in nigeria cannot afford the charger.

That might not be untrue.
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
While owning an iPhone in Nigeria is the best indicator of being an internet fraudster. #fact

Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by ollah2: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
These aren't statistics. It is research based on cultural inferences and attitudes. This is also known as semi-educated guessing. Statistics are based on actual data with real numbers. It's also mathematically impossible for a brand to enjoy 35-45% market share in a location to also have their user base placed in the top quartile of household income earners in that location.

Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by meobizy(f): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2018
HAHAHAHAHA. It's a good thing I finally bought a fairly used iPhone 1. I'm balling, baby!
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Ijaya123: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2018
stupidity:
While owning an iPhone in Nigeria is the best indicator of being an internet fraudster. #fact

Absolutely wrong.
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by olawale780: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ijaya123:

Absolutely wrong.
if u use an iPhone. 5 months in Lagos and police don't s stop and search ur phone. Call me bastard
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Ijaya123: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
olawale780:
if u use an iPhone. 5 months in Lagos and police don't s stop and search ur phone. Call me bastard

Been using iPhone since late 2009 till date and has never had my phone searched.

Can I call you a bastard now?

Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by olawale780: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ijaya123:

Been using iPhone since late 2009 till date and has never had my phone searched.

Can I call you a bastard now?
and Na Lagos u dey?
Re: Owning An Iphone Is The Best Indicator Of Wealth, Claims Research by Ijaya123: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
olawale780:
and Na Lagos u dey?

Yes sir.

LG V40 ThinQ May Sport A Triple Camera Setup Like The Huawei P20 Pro / Clean Infinix Note 4 With Carton Just Like New One / Tecno Pouvoiur 2 LA7 For Sale