Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Advise Me On My Poultry Waste - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advise Me On My Poultry Waste (4140 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / My Poultry Farming Experience! / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by olaglofarm: 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2018
Dear poultry farmer,
Pls I need an experienced farmer in the house to please advise on how to handle my poultry waste.
I have a big swamp I mean very very big close were some people flush their bathing water and even some toilet waste into it. I have this very close to me, and their houses around it. If I flush my poultry waste every 2 days into it, will it smell ??

Or I keep packing it every 3weeks disposing into bush.
Pls kindly advise me urgently.
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by klbakare(m): 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
If you dispose your poultry waste into a body of water, you will be polluting same, and it will definitely smell. You can however make compost with the waste and use for agriculture. Or you can bag it in waste bags and give to LAWMA or PSP people.
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by olaglofarm: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
klbakare:
If you dispose your poultry waste into a body of water, you will be polluting same, and it will definitely smell. You can however make compost with the waste and use for agriculture. Or you can bag it in waste bags and give to LAWMA or PSP people.

The waste is very wet. It has plenty water when packed in bag. But most people in the community use the same water as soak away by flushing their toilet waste into it.
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by klbakare(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
olaglofarm:

The waste is very wet. It has plenty water when packed in bag. But most people in the community use the same water as soak away by flushing their toilet waste into it.
it's not from a deep litter system I guess. Well, what can I say? Proper waste disposal will cause you resources, this is Nigeria, use the body of water in the mean time while you gear up for a more permanent solution like biogas production.
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2018
Use it to culture black soldier fly larvae. Then use the insect larvae, which is very high in protein, to feed the chickens. Combine this larvae with hydroponically sprouted grains to feed your birds and say goodbye to commercial feed.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by Waffarianman(m): 12:24am On Jul 10, 2018
olaglofarm:
Dear poultry farmer,
Pls I need an experienced farmer in the house to please advise on how to handle my poultry waste.
I have a big swamp I mean very very big close were some people flush their bathing water and even some toilet waste into it. I have this very close to me, and their houses around it. If I flush my poultry waste every 2 days into it, will it smell ??

Do it this way prepare a nice place close to any near by bush around you. Be domping them there don't mind till it get to dry season. During dry season rake gather and use it as manure on your plantain,pepe and more

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by benzion72(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2018
If you are enterprising, those waste are solid cash, if you know how

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by lorhema(f): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2018
A great idea. I can't imagine the stench from that swamp down the line.
Meanwhile chicken poo is money here. Families who have backyard poultries have people who purchase their chicken poo, even paying in advance. I need some now and know it won't be easy to get it since this season is the peak of demand

quote author=Waffarianman post=69232338]
Do it this way prepare a nice place close to any near by bush around you. Be domping them there don't mind till it get to dry season. During dry season rake gather and use it as manure on your plantain,pepe and more[/quote]
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by kunleweb: 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
olaglofarm:
Dear poultry farmer,

Can we discuss on this issue please?

Kindly reply my PM.

Thank you
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by olaglofarm: 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Call me pls on 08154542853
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by MarketGardener(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
Were Is Ur Farm I Will Love To Always Come Around And Pack Them If You Don't Mind!

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by olaglofarm: 7:03am On Jul 19, 2018
MarketGardener:
Were Is Ur Farm I Will Love To Always Come Around And Pack Them If You Don't Mind!

Pls send me ur number I will call u. Mine is 08154542853
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by nisco18ng(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
Come and learn how to convert those wastes to cooking gas and electricity for your use with just 2k. I bet you will steal your neighbours wastes.
Whatsapp 09057777066
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by HSC(f): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
Please I need someone to be coming to pack my chicken waste in Soka Ibadan.

Any volunteer?
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by kunleweb: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
HSC:

Any volunteer?

I could have helped you, you see why one should be tact and calm? I have 10 acres on my farm there's no big deal if i create an 8 feet pit and tell you to come dump them there, no big deal. Be tact with people miss
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by HSC(f): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hi Kunle, it's not about isolation of information. Anyone asking for information in a public domain wants others too to learn. There are a lot of issues I have read up on nairaland that have solved issues for me and I didn't need to raise any new post.

So let's do the public more good.

Regards
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by kunleweb: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
HSC:
Hi Kunle, it's not about isolation of information. Anyone asking for information in a public domain wants others too to learn. There are a lot of issues I have read up on nairaland that have solved issues for me and I didn't need to raise any new post.

So let's do the public more good.

Regards

Don't fprce people to follow your decisions inlief.You think i don't have my reasons either? What if i want my info private.

Its with you ladies tantrums, now you want someone to come celear your waste, cause you're the one in need, it's okay to make contact, when you're not the one in need, you interact from afar. Try to understand instabilities and how not to vacillate.

Happy Weekend
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by dmz1: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2018
@ namet please explain more this idea of yours on converting the waste to feed. I am highly interested
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
dmz1:
@ namet please explain more this idea of yours on converting the waste to feed. I am highly interested

Go to Google and Youtube and search for Black Solder Fly (BSF) larvae.

Basically, BSF which is not the same as the common housefly, can turn organic waste into high concentrated protein in the form of maggot-looking larvae. The maggots are then feed to livestock to meet their dietary protein requirement.

Large scale production of BSF larvae using pig or chicken manure in your farm can reduce animal feed costs by up to 30% to 40%. For instance, Mama Pig of Uganda Dr. Emma Naluyima, one of Uganda's most successful small integrated farmers, says her fish attains her target weight of 1Kg in 4months instead of 6months, when fed with BSF larvae. Poultry farms have also reported a 50% increase in size of their chickens at 4 weeks old when fed with the maggots.

To culture BSF larvae, you first create an organic waste reservoir to attract the flies to come and lay its eggs on it.
After the eggs are laid, they begin to feed on the organic and decomposable waste - from food scraps to animal dung to human feaces. Within 2 to 3 weeks, the BSF larvae are harvested and fed live and fresh or dried and mixed as protein in animal feed.

There're tons of videos on Youtube about BSF larvae as a replacement for soybeans and fish meal in livestock feeds. A south African company, Agriprotein, has succeeded in scaling up its production to an industrial scale. China has many companies engaged in high production of BSF larvae meal for livestock feed. See videos below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxLaXEF7AY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdOarYa991Y
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by precdynamics: 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
olaglofarm:
Dear poultry farmer,

We can help with the waste problems. Can we help clear your poultry wastes? We can come pick them up monthly so you don't have to worry about how to clear your poultry wastes anymore.
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by precdynamics: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
HSC:

Any volunteer?

We can help with the waste problems. Can we help clear your poultry wastes? We can come pick them up monthly so you don't have to worry about how to clear your poultry wastes anymore.
Re: Advise Me On My Poultry Waste by TraQ: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
If you want poultry poo / waste in Ikorodu, Lagos. Call Me and come and pack them Cheap or almost free. 08035786870

(1) (Reply)

8,000 Point Of Lay Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan / Practical Cost And Income Analysis Of Cassava Farming / Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.