Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? (1027 Views)

Cross-over Service At Glory Dome, World’s Largest Church Auditorium, Abuja (PIX) / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
The first time I came across the phrase "World's Largest Church Auditorium" was more than 10 years ago, in the back cover of a book written by a Nigerian GO (name withheld) while I was still in junior secondary school. I was wowed that Nigeria could be holding that kind of record. Little did I know that times were coming when several Nigerian churches would be dragging that title.
Today, more than 5 mega churches in Nigeria are laying claim to being the world's largest. So the question are:

1. 'Why have we decided to stoop so low where we now worship man-made buildings?' 2. Why should a pastor be so concerned about building a largest auditorium? Would Jesus Christ do the same?
3. Why are churches now so concerned about popular statistics that they now even manufacture it themselves, whereas it should be by independent professional bodies?
4. Why are our churches in competition with themselves about who owns the largest church building?
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2018
During the closing period of Christs earthly sojourn, He told the Disciples about the vanity of the gigantic temple building? Why then are we so concerned and trying to outdo the other in building big churches?
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Olifiz(m): 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
The bigger the venue, more people will come n more tithes more offerings. Business concept.
To make it worse they will only preach about prosperity here on earth. Only about how to get rich. They never preach about Gods kingdom n how to be part of it. Only how to store up treasures here on earth instead of in heaven. Vanity upon vanity. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world n lose he’s soul.

Pastorpreneurs wink
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Olifiz:
The bigger the venue, more people will come n more tithes more offerings. Business concept.
To make it worse they will only preach about prosperity here on earth. Only about how to get rich. They never preach about Gods kingdom n how to be part of it. Only how to store up treasures here on earth instead of in heaven. Vanity upon vanity. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world n lose he’s soul.

Pastorpreneurs wink
Sadly this is the truth. Most of these churches do not care about the eternal destination of their members. It's success, prosperity, tithing, paying first fruit, motivational talks, living the luxurious life, etc, they preach.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by hisgrace090: 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2018
They're building auditorium for motivational speaking.

It's all about 101 of how to be successful.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2018
hisgrace090:
They're building auditorium for motivational speaking.
It's all about 101 of how to be successful.
Exactly; a lot of the so-called preachings are actually motivational talks rather than the Gospel. And what's even more surprising is that they seem to be in competition with one another - who gets the title "World's largest church building" as if that'll be a ticket to Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by PROPHETmichael: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2018
Daviddson:
The first time I came across the phrase "World's Largest Church Auditorium" was more than 10 years ago, in the back cover of a group written by a Nigerian GO (name withheld) while I was still in junior secondary school. I was wowed that Nigeria could be holding that kind of record. Little did I know that times were coming when several Nigerian churches would be dragging that title.
Today, more than 5 mega churches in Nigeria are laying claim to being the world's largest. So the question are:

1. 'Why have we decided to stoop so low where we now worship man-made buildings?' 2. Why should a pastor be so concerned about building a largest auditorium? Would Jesus Christ do the same?
3. Why are churches now so concerned about popular statistics that they now even manufacture it themselves, whereas it should be by independent professional bodies?
4. Why are our churches in competition with themselves about who owns the largest church building?

Check the thread below for better understanding and the way forward.

https://www.nairaland.com/4605276/purpose-ministry-redemption-not-fame
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

Check the thread below for better understanding and the way forward.
https://www.nairaland.com/4605276/purpose-ministry-redemption-not-fame
I like your thread too; didn't come across it before opening this one. Good job.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
I see it as a deception from the pit of Hell for our pastors to begin to do gospel work using Hollywood style of pomp and ceremony, pursuing after fame and churning out statistics to promote 'their churches'. Such has no place in the Word of God. It's a spirit of the antichrist.
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
Daviddson:
Sadly this is the truth. Most of these churches do not care about the eternal destination of their members. It's success, prosperity, tithing, paying first fruit, motivational talks, living the luxurious life, etc, they preach.
Which eternal destination?
Where do u think u are going to?
U actually believed that?
That's why the pastors who know they are going no where uses that to get what they wants.
Tel me any pastor that don't live in affluence?

And the poor among them struggling to be like the mega ones.

Cos all of them knows it ends here on earth.
So why won't they enjoy their lives on earth as much as they can.and they are really enjoying but justifying their enjoyment to u ,after all the bible is there to serve it's purpose.
Only in Nigeria. I'm not surprised.
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
"It horribly skews the meaning of the cross when contemporary prophets of self-esteem say that the cross is a witness to my infinite worth... The biblical perspective is that the cross in a witness to the infinite worth of God's glory, and a witness to the immensity of the sin of my pride." - John Piper
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
"As long as you want anything very much, especially more than you want God, it is an idol." - A.B. Simpson

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
“Christ is the humility of God embodied in human nature; the Eternal Love humbling itself, clothing itself in the garb of meekness and gentleness, to win and serve and save us.” - Andrew Murray
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
Jesus Christ narrated an illustration of two roads; the broad road filled with many people but leads to destruction and the minor road filled with few that leads to life.

Its strange that pastors and their church members still feel that the larger the population, the larger the success of their church or ministry even when they read that story over and over again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
Faith can be stirred within the walls of church buildings, but faith is formed and nourished in the waiting rooms of hospitals, helplessly witnessing a thirty-one-year-old sister suffer, holding kids affected by the AIDS epidemic, and being stretched outside of our own social makeup. - Josh Ross
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Daviddson(m): 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
"When Protestants speak of going to church... they are not thinking of a building but of a congregation. The congregation, not the building is holy... The church is holy because the congregation is the house of God." - Edmund Clowney

"The Kingdom of God is not going to be advanced by our churches becoming filled with men, but by men in our churches becoming filled with God." - Duncan Campbell
Re: Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2018
I see enlightened minds here...kudos.

(1) (Reply)

Help! What Could This Mean? I Keep Seeing 11 11:11. See Picture / Tb Joshua Has Died / The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.