Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar (42099 Views)

Need Help With My School Result, I'm Graduating Soon / My Waec Result....i'm Glad. / Only Smart People Should Read This - I'm Disappointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by wizsolzy(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
Waec is on transmission no I mean confusion commotion codiene diet.. wat is diet Waec!.. dis country weak me undecided
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by badexworld(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
The state governments ve not paid the waec fee.
The problem is on all public schools in lagos and some other states.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by dheolexaone(f): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Sometimes the mistake comes from the checkers.
Ensure u r using the right information of either school candidate or private candidate.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Mbenny(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
Stan642:
I have been on sad mood since WAEC started rolling out their 2018, results. All the candidates in our centre are experiencing the same problem. Non have seen his/her own WAEC result. Below is the grammar I used to see whenever I check mine. "RESULT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS CANDIDATE IN THE SPECIFIED YEAR AND EXAM DIET" pls I need a better interpretation of this, I'm gradually loosing hope on this result since last week that I've been witnessing this, pls help!!!
it is network issue, I experience the same thing and I keep on refreshing and going back and it eventually came up. keep trying.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by mrtidy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
And they will be failing sombori for grammatic error. Mtcheeeeew!
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by homesteady(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ibukune:
Am I the only one that think d use of d word diet is right? There is a may/june diet and also Nov/Dec diet. Diet isnt only associated with cosumptions, its applicable to periodical happenings.

Don't mind the ignorant fellows.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by homesteady(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
ItzChinnex:

Over sabi, how diet come they correct

Mr Man, it is correct.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Ibukune(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
BOOMnaija:

Diet is correct

You attended a good school and u didnt waste your time learning...

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by walad4yhu(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
principal21:
2). If you registered less than 25 candidates, then don't expect any results. If that is the case, quickly pay a visit to Waec office at Ogba and pay a surcharge of #30,000 . Then your results can be released. I also noticed that Google chrome is better checking the results than Mozilla or explorer
I strongly don't think their results are withheld. Such results come with either " HELD OR WITHHELD " written against each subject enrolled by the students. I hope this helps. Good luck to your students

You're absolutely right.

Same happened to my school.

O.p calm down noting happen to your result. you'll be able to access it by nextweek.

but Note the following:
1. If you're from a private school and your school registered less than 30 candidates. your school (not you) must pay a surcharge of 30,000 for low candidature before your schools' results can be released.
2. If your state govt. are the ones paying for your WAEC then you have to wait till when the state government cleared their DRAFT.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Anextin(f): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quote author=BadmanBinLaden post=69260636] Same here. Waec should tell us whether our result has been held, cancelled or whatever. too much confusion[/quote
Same happened to my little bro last tear, relax, you will hear from them around September or October]check if your scholl is owing waec, from my findings last year, that was the reason.after the school paid, it was righted.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
walad4yhu:

You're absolutely right.

Same happened to my school.

O.p calm down noting happen to your result. you'll be able to access it by nextweek.

but Note the following:
1. If you're from a private school and your school registered less than 30 candidates. your school (not you) must pay a surcharge of 30,000 for low candidature before your schools' results can be released.
2. If your state govt. are the ones paying for your WAEC then you have to wait till when the state government cleared their DRAFT.

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by africanusvu(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2018
No wonder NL av gone silly and childish recently.so secondary school students yet to write ssce ar now here?no wonder much stupid tribal stupid war of so so afonja this ipob that.brown roof this and flat head that

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Dearlord(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
Walahi! For my flace for North WAEC no dey Chop am for diet.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
africanusvu:
No wonder NL av gone silly and childish recently.so secondary school students yet to write ssce ar now here?no wonder much stupid tribal stupid war of so so afonja this ipob that.brown roof this and flat head that
y

2 Likes

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by irepat1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
Only Lagos state public schools have this challenge. Maybe the govt has not pay waec completely
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by trendymarseey(f): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2018
What about those held? Can they also pay a visit to Ogba?
principal21:
2). If you registered less than 25 candidates, then don't expect any results. If that is the case, quickly pay a visit to Waec office at Ogba and pay a surcharge of #30,000 . Then your results can be released. I also noticed that Google chrome is better checking the results than Mozilla or explorer
I strongly don't think their results are withheld. Such results come with either " HELD OR WITHHELD " written against each subject enrolled by the students. I hope this helps. Good luck to your students
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by africanusvu(m): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
BadmanBinLaden:
maturity should not be measured with age.
.measured by age Not measured with age.waec may not like that grammar
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by yerobiukini(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
I thnk d problem is dat dey ve nt finish collatin d result
Nd dat grammar "diet" is correct go check ur dictionary dat wat waec used most time
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
paulynpen:

Its very very possible, I was a teacher with some years of experience. Its 99% possible in subjects like physics, mathematics, economics and others that have to do with calculations and definitions
Do you mean answering the same question?
In even calculation subject like mathematics, Physics, Ecomomics among others, there must be a slight difference in one step or the other. Waec doesn't tolerate that especially if the students are answering same questions.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by deebrain(m): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
Even Waec candidates are on codeine diet.

Lol.

They are right though.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Gbelex(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2018
wandevincent:
change from private candidates to school candidates
No special interpretation than ur result I not yet out,Simple!
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by ujezeez(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
No be only exams diet..what of codeine diet....
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by chysam: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
Now I know the true age of most people on NAIRALAND.No wonder!

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by perfectedmee: 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
baakus:
That's what we call "gburugburu" exam malpractice. Won't be surprised if you are from the yeast.

You see your hopeless life?

If u were smart, you could've spotted one of the "victim" post.

Where he clearly stated Kano.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by perfectedmee: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
chysam:
Now I know the true age of most people on NAIRALAND.No wonder!
I dey tell you bros,

That's why most of them argue without facts.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by durodee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2018
mrtidy:
And they will be failing sombori for grammatic error. Mtcheeeeew!

http://www.encyclo.co.uk/meaning-of-Exam%20Diet is a good area to start.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
justifyme:
that's not enough evidence to prove that they copied!!! They studied in the same class, by the same teacher, so tell my why won't their answers be similar?
There must be difference. Let me give just one question that all the students were copying.This is an illustration
1. List and explain five factors that affect demand.
A good student might start with repeating or rephrasing the question as;
Factors that affect demand
The following are factors that affect demand
I.Price- when the price of goods goes up, the demand for it falls
ii.Price of other commodities- When the price of a product goes up there will demand for other products serving as a substitute.
iii. Advertisements- Constant advertisements of a product in most cases stimulate people to buy a more
iv.Government policy- high imposition of tax reduces demand for goods and services
v.Festivity.- There are high demand for goods and services during festive seasons.

Candidate B
Will answer same question as
I. Price- The higher the price the lower the quantity demanded
ii income- A customer with high level of income will be willing to purchase more goods and services than those with lower income
iii. Weather- During rainy season there are high demand for certain products .for example there are high demand for umbrellas during rainy season than dry seasons
iv. Expectations of future price- A commodity like gold may be bought due to speculative reasons; if you think it might go up in the future, you will buy now.

Candidate C
This candidate has same point listed by Candidate A and B yet he copied some words. He starts by saying
The following are factors that affect demand
1. Expectations of future price- A commodity like fuel may be bought due to speculative reasons. If you think the price of fuel will increase then you would buy now.
Note the underlined words in point 1 and 5 for candidate B and C. Candidate C copied point 5 from candidate B by changing few words but the content are the same. It takes a smart examiner to fishy this out when marking.
The above was what many students were doing in the exam hall but was detected by the examiner. Many examiners might over look it because of the time frame given to mark but few examiners will not.
Candidate were just changing words while the points remained the same

1 Like

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by durodee(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
wizsolzy:
Waec is on transmission no I mean confusion commotion codiene diet.. wat is diet Waec!.. dis country weak me undecided

Please check: http://www.encyclo.co.uk/meaning-of-Exam%20Diet
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by winnerz: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Predstan:
Its on Diet. Can't you see it. Snake don't swallow your result. A whole examination body cannot spell date right

Mr. I too know, exam diet is correct.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by durodee(m): 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
ItzChinnex:

Over sabi, how diet come they correct

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by durodee(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
LordofNaija:
cheesy The glory of all our institutions have erroded away. Even WAEC with all its might does not know the difference between date and diet. Chai Buhari. Kai bulhari

Pls check: http://www.encyclo.co.uk/meaning-of-Exam%20Diet
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by wizsolzy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
durodee:

Wehdone sir grin. Commissioner in charge of Waec transmission

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trouble Looms In OAU As Men In Uniform Get Ready To Zoom Into Action ! / Commissioning Of Moses Orimolade University (omu Aran)kwara / YABATECH Recalls Student From NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.