Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls (1553 Views)

BBC Africa Points Out Error On Nigerian Army's Boko Haram Most Wanted List / Top 5 Notable Nigerian Women Whose Corruption Scandals Went Viral [PHOTOS] / Nigerian Women Turned To Sex-Slaves In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by rozilla(m): 2:57am On Mar 26, 2007
Lecturers prey on Nigerian women, girls

a society that refuses to respect its women is a doomed society
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by LoverBwoy(m): 1:56am On Mar 30, 2007
But with a strong African tradition of respecting one's elders, families or teachers, harassed students can rarely expect support, even when repeated complaints are made against one individual.
angry
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by naijababe2(f): 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2007
well it is not easy for we female students, you can imagine a lecturer turning his head 361 degrees, just to look at the back view. but we are coping sha!!
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by harassed(m): 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2007
You all should go and sit down. Who is harassing who, the Lecturers or the girls. Go and sit down joor. Abi I no go school. Abi you girls think say our dikcs no dey stand. If una make am stand, una suppose quite am too. What rubbish are u talkin, harassment.

You want to dress like the girls you see on R. Kelly videos but you don't want to Bleep like them. If you would dress loose, then throw up ya pussies too; or what's d point?
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by soulpatrol(f): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2007
then what would you say about the lecturers/proferssors abroad? how come they don't ogle their female students with reckless abandon, even though they dress worse?

so, a girl can't dress however she likes again? what sef? why do we always have to do things just to make men comfortable? it aint right!
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by soulpatrol(f): 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2007
trust me, the nigerian lecturers (males) are just dogs. even if you dress decently, as long as you fine small, they still pester you. i went to uni partly in naija and i tell you, even the lecturers that claimed to know my father, still dey ask me out. me wey i think say i dey even dress like nun. hiss! awon agbaya (big fools)
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by Seun(m): 1:51am On May 01, 2007
Who do these lecturers think they are? They are just disposable, incompetent employees of a corrupt state. angry
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by cuteNhot(f): 12:31am On May 02, 2007
harassed:

You all should go and sit down. Who is harassing who, the Lecturers or the girls. Go and sit down joor. Abi I no go school. Abi you girls think say our dikcs no dey stand. If una make am stand, una suppose quite am too. What rubbish are u talkin, harassment.

You want to dress like the girls you see on R. Kelly videos but you don't want to Bleep like them. If you would dress loose, then throw up ya pussies too; or what's d point?
its a good thing you made it clear that"I no go school", but your statement and reasoning, exemplify contempt for women and a lack of moral compass. A female student has the right to dress in ant attire she feels comfortable in(as long as it does not breach the dress code), as this is her democratic right. To insinuate that her mode of dress is ostensibly a harassment of male lecturers, is as preposterous as saying a girl is raped because of what she wears.
Lecturers have a moral responsibility to be a GUIDE to their students. With that responsibility, TRUST is also a companion. In every instance where a male lecturer begin the HUNT on a female student, that element of trust is lost, to be supplanted by fear(in some instances) and reckless sexual servitude in others.
As to the matter of dressing " like the girls you see on R. Kelly videos" how do you know that they are "Loose"? did they tell you that? how can you be where you are and judge someone you dont even know? that just speak to your inability to escape from your prison of darkness. may i suggest to you to get out in the world and see how other people live, maybe that will change your perception of women that are proud of their bodies and are not afraid to show it off.
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by soulpatrol(f): 10:03pm On May 02, 2007
thank you jare. finally someone with reasoning. the common factor here seems to be the blame put on women. ive seen cases where even if you dress decently and cover everything up, the lecturers will still pester you. how is the woman to blame again? i'm sick and tired of the fact that these men wont own up to their stupid behaviours and try to set a good example to others. i hate the fact that a woman has to consider a man's reaction before she can dress the way she wants to. c'mon, it should be a free society. enough of women being treated as sexual objects. haba. angry
Re: Lecturers Prey On Nigerian Women, Girls by Seun(m): 3:30pm On May 05, 2007
The common factor is that women don't take decisive action to prevent things like this. It's really annoying to me.

(1) (Reply)

New York Girl Faces 2 Years Jail For Murder Of A Pet Rat / Extra-judicial Killing Of A 25yr Old Man In Bayelsa! / Madness!!! See Weapons Recovered From Bandits In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.