Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic (21079 Views)

Iyana Iba Interchange & Flyover Bridge, Badagry Expressway, Lagos (Pictures) / Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection / Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by nedu2000(m): 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XoMFaEb18

See the new look of Lagos badagry expressway at night.
why are you doing this? I drive over that road almost daily,that is less than 30% of the said lagos/badagry expressway. We are suffering and you are defending our oppressors.
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Officialemmyd(m): 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2018
Abeg which did dey wanna open? Even frm mile 2 to Okokomaiko is left uncompleted. Those cceecc will jst do 1 part nd jump to anoda place without cmplting 1 part ......Shebi Okokomaiko road is even beta Small iyana era nd iyana isashi is vry worse ...y nt ask d china men to patch dis iyana isashi nd iyana era for d main tym b4 road gets to dis place cos even if dey open d rest uncompleted road ,d traffic will still b much d same cos aside Iyana iba, Okokomaiko nd Volks,iyana isashi will always b a terror to many road users ......

My point of view:: d contractors ar too slw sef ehn wen dis road ar jst opened lyk dis,dey will get spoil it bk cos b4 dey culd succeed in d completion of d road ,many yrs still need to b countd nd bsids dis is raining season, ,those contractors will nt wrk
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Officialemmyd(m): 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Officialemmyd(m): 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2018
Yea
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by vertueptime: 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
uzohrome:
Long over do... The contractors ccecc are not serious with the job that has been fully paid(not verified). The traffic within abule Ado to okokomaiko na die... Most times it takes me like 3 to 8 hours from mile 2 to okoko, which on the normal ground should not be more than 25 minutes. Well, good job from Ambode . but from okoko to badagry is another hell with extremely bad road as well.

Hmmm 3 to 8hrs, this one na second job o
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by mywells: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
Its a shame on our big brother not to fix that road to meet ECOWAS standard, Ghana have fix their road,Togo has does the same,even Benin republic too has meet the standard, Its a shame to ply from Seme Border to Mile 2 being compare to the road from Aflao to Team or Accra' over 300 kilometres very smooth road you can ever imaging, as in this Nigeria they need to restructure the senses of our law maker big time .when I imagine some things at times in this Nigeria compared to other neibouring countries there's no benefits for the common mam from any components of the government.
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by cenaman(m): 11:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
sisipelebe:
you know weda na gala him dey sell for that road.
maybe, i never can tells lol.
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Iamthoney(m): 11:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
twinskenny:
yu nevet get stuck on that road before abi?
Still it's outrageous to say 8hrs Sir
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Iamthoney(m): 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
xana101:
guy shut up ur mouth. Drive from mile two to iyanera if u will not spend more than 8hours. U don't know d hell we are facing in this Axis
Bros na wa ooo...8hrs? full working day? outrageous claim
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 12, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

8hrs? Most times? bros abeg na, are you fayose, femi adesina, garba sheu or dino?
I'm not saying you are lying ooo

U are in your house pls just enter oshodi to Mile2 jam 1st half traffic then 2nd half from alakija to Underbridge ( trade fair) then extra time iyana iba then penalty shot out okokoimako to badadry
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by peacengine(m): 2:45am On Jul 12, 2018
alleviate2002us:

@OP, this dude is a regular user of that road and has said it the way it is.

Please verify facts before you post Abeg. That news is Sham!!

To me 8hrs is exaggerated buh a lot need to be done from Alakija to Agbara. Aound Iyana oba to Iyana Ora Pastd tru recently
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by jacoik(m): 3:51am On Jul 12, 2018
uzohrome:
Long over do... The contractors ccecc are not serious with the job that has been fully paid(not verified). The traffic within abule Ado to okokomaiko na die... Most times it takes me like 3 to 8 hours from mile 2 to okoko, which on the normal ground should not be more than 25 minutes. Well, good job from Ambode . but from okoko to badagry is another hell with extremely bad road as well.
I think iyanoba is most dreaded. Even on election day iyanoba is always no go area
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by jacoik(m): 3:52am On Jul 12, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

8hrs? Most times? bros abeg na, are you fayose, femi adesina, garba sheu or dino?
I'm not saying you are lying ooo
what he says was pure truth guy. That's where I stays
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by jacoik(m): 4:03am On Jul 12, 2018
Lincoln275:

Mr. man you better don't say what you don't know, CCECC is just a mere contractor that is controlled by client i.e Lagos state govt. if they LASG want the project to complete in next month , CCECC is ready to deliver the project , just that they have politicised the project long time ago. I don't think that project would be completed any time soon because money budgeted for it has been embezzled since.
the last time I asked, I was told its an ECOWAS road. Because I know very well that this road kick off on August 9/2007 and from odu Ade by Alaba but still d same. I think the road is more better d way it was back then than now. But reason why Lagos government took up d project and knowing fully well they can't complete it still beat my imagination
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by jacoik(m): 4:05am On Jul 12, 2018
hugoboss70:
Good news from ambode but lets try and keep things in the right perspective op. Most portions of the road from orile to alakija which have been completed have been open for months to commutters thats why there isnt much traffic on that stretch so dis part of the annoucement isnt a big deal. The bigger deal is that repair work should start quickly from alakija all the way past okokomaiko to agbara the hardship is unbearable. And the street trading at iya iba is a major head ache that needs to be cleared.Thugs claiming to represent ojo lg regularly collect #150 per day from d traders and allow them sell by d road side. And to the person saying you cant spend 8hrs on the road is a lie try moving on the road from alakija to agbara busstop on a saturday evening after heavy rain. I swear u go find way carry your motor for head.���
na that iyanoba own dey vex me more.
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by jacoik(m): 4:11am On Jul 12, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

I'm sorry, never knew you work as a hawker on the road to use full working hours on the road.
I was talking about those using it as transport to and fro, not those hawking on it.
u talk so childish. My house is in Isashi. Those ppl saying they spent that time on the traffic are not lying. Pray to your ancestors never to be held on that traffic
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by omakay(m): 6:06am On Jul 12, 2018
The 8hours traffic journey is not a lie neither is it wrong.

People think all that time is spent in one spot but that is not the case.

It is spent at different points.

2hrs at point A

1hr at point B

2hrs at point C.

Wait!!!!!! Has anyone here not spent abnormal time in a journey from cms to mile 2 through apapa/liverpool?
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Lincoln275(m): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2018
jacoik:
the last time I asked, I was told its an ECOWAS road. Because I know very well that this road kick off on August 9/2007 and from odu Ade by Alaba but still d same. I think the road is more better d way it was back then than now. But reason why Lagos government took up d project and knowing fully well they can't complete it still beat my imagination
you are very correct , it is an ECOWAS project but it has been handed over to federal govt since and the fund is coming through Lagos state government , there was a time federal Government was trying to take over the project but Lagos state won the battle because there are some powers that be on that project, like I said earlier, the project has been already politicized , so there is nothing like completion of that project soon. my prayer is federal Government should just take over the project. no money on that project anymore , Chinese has been financing the project since and Government refuse to pay them. you are very correct that its an ECOWAS project, for instance LRMT part of the project alone I.e national theater to mile 2 (blue line) was awarded with 1.2b dollars as at 2007 or thereabout, now come to that project , its now indirectly an abandoned project, we are really under a siege in this country, nothing is working .
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by jacoik(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2018
Lincoln275:

you are very correct , it is an ECOWAS project but it has been handed over to federal govt since and the fund is coming through Lagos state government , there was a time federal Government was trying to take over the project but Lagos state won the battle because there are some powers that be on that project, like I said earlier, the project has been already politicized , so there is nothing like completion of that project soon. my prayer is federal Government should just take over the project. no money on that project anymore , Chinese has been financing the project since and Government refuse to pay them. you are very correct that its an ECOWAS project, for instance LRMT part of the project alone I.e national theater to mile 2 (blue line) was awarded with 1.2b dollars as at 2007 or thereabout, now come to that project , its now indirectly an abandoned project, we are really under a siege in this country, nothing is working .
God will bless you for taking your time to reply me. But if I may ask bro, can't Lagos state government be petition? Because the kind of hell we that live in that area is what I will never allow my worst enemy to experience. Is there no way this case can be taking up? From barracks to iyanoba will take you 3hrs, now come to Isashi to agbara you will shared blood not tears. Sometimes when on that traffic I will think if my village people are after me but lo and behold its man made. Or is it that this road is that hell people always say Nigeria is? What is the solution Bro. God bless you
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by wegosave: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2018
This piece of news obviously shows the ROAD WORK IS NOT BEING MONITORED. Which FINISHED PART of the road is to be opened? MOST OF THEM ARE ALREADY IN USE. THIS ONLY GOES TO SHOW THAT THE AUTHORITY IS NOT ON TOP OF THE ONGOING PROJECT, no supervision what so ever. They just sit in their offices and issue statements.
I ply that road everyday, it is a death trap, nightmare and a killer. The contractor has stopped work on the road for months now, so what is our dear governor Ambode saying? The pot holes on that roadd form Alakija to Badagry causes trailers to FALL on a daily basis, cars breaking down is an understatement.

PLEASE and PLEASE the road side traders at Iya-Iba should be dislodged fast, they cause traffic impidement there, the goverment should please FIX THE POT HOLES FAST, this road is an international route, the suffering pple go thru on it is unbearable.
Also the POLICE activities at IYANA-IBA is completely shameful, they contribute to the traffic by allowing vehicles ply one way which adds to the traffic.

EKO O NI BAJE O!!!!!! AMBODE pls leave the comfort of your office and come and SEE THINGS FOR URSELF.
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by Lincoln275(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2018
jacoik:
God will bless you for taking your time to reply me. But if I may ask bro, can't Lagos state government be petition? Because the kind of hell we that live in that area is what I will never allow my worst enemy to experience. Is there no way this case can be taking up? From barracks to iyanoba will take you 3hrs, now come to Isashi to agbara you will shared blood not tears. Sometimes when on that traffic I will think if my village people are after me but lo and behold its man made. Or is it that this road is that hell people always say Nigeria is? What is the solution Bro. God bless you
I understand what people living in that axis are passing through on daily basis, I think Government want to change contractor handling the project and let's hope that will proved solution to the problem on ground , bros. its obvious that they have politicised that project and they don't want the project to finish because of the money they are seeing there. the only solution I think it can work on that project is to tell Chinese to finish the road part of the project and award it to another contractor because ambode doesn't trust Chinese all because they came through fashola. so for the past 3years now u can see that no progress on that project because they refuse to pay Chinese and also the type of contract Chinese sign with government won't give room for government to take necessary action on the contractor , brother so many factors are the cause of slow down of that Lagos badagry expressway. only God can help us bros.
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by jacoik(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Lincoln275:

I understand what people living in that axis are passing through on daily basis, I think Government want to change contractor handling the project and let's hope that will proved solution to the problem on ground , bros. its obvious that they have politicised that project and they don't want the project to finish because of the money they are seeing there. the only solution I think it can work on that project is to tell Chinese to finish the road part of the project and award it to another contractor because ambode doesn't trust Chinese all because they came through hfashola. so for the past 3years now u can see that no progress on that project because they refuse to pay Chinese and also the type of contract Chinese sign with government won't give room for government to take necessary action on the contractor , brother so many factors are the cause of slow down of that Lagos badagry expressway. only God can help us bros.
God bless you
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by hugoboss70(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
The state of the badagry road is getting worse. As at today its totally cut in 2 at iyana iba for both end of the road. The road is a complete shame and disgrace to behold now
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by hugoboss70(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
wegosave:
This piece of news obviously shows the ROAD WORK IS NOT BEING MONITORED. Which FINISHED PART of the road is to be opened? MOST OF THEM ARE ALREADY IN USE. THIS ONLY GOES TO SHOW THAT THE AUTHORITY IS NOT ON TOP OF THE ONGOING PROJECT, no supervision what so ever. They just sit in their offices and issue statements.
I ply that road everyday, it is a death trap, nightmare and a killer. The contractor has stopped work on the road for months now, so what is our dear governor Ambode saying? The pot holes on that roadd form Alakija to Badagry causes trailers to FALL on a daily basis, cars breaking down is an understatement.

PLEASE and PLEASE the road side traders at Iya-Iba should be dislodged fast, they cause traffic impidement there, the goverment should please FIX THE POT HOLES FAST, this road is an international route, the suffering pple go thru on it is unbearable.
Also the POLICE activities at IYANA-IBA is completely shameful, they contribute to the traffic by allowing vehicles ply one way which adds to the traffic.

EKO O NI BAJE O!!!!!! AMBODE pls leave the comfort of your office and come and SEE THINGS FOR URSELF.
this plea is stilk falling on deaf ears!!!!! 2months after and road still getting worse
Re: Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic by SmartRetailApp(m): 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
Solution to Traffic Issues.
visit https://easetraffic.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Container Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge / 5 People You Meet At The Airport / How Can I Get Egypt Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.