Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,296 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years (41273 Views)

Princess Shyngle Divorces Her Husband, Gibril Bala Gaye (Photos) / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Moesha Boduong To CNN Amanpour: Ghanaian Women Depend On Men To Pay Their Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by goldcoinhub: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2018
CNN host, Christiane Amanpour divorces husband of 20 years, Jamie Rubin.

The middle-aged couple, who have a teenage son, wed in Italy in 1998 after finding romance in war-torn Sarajevo.

A source confirmed the split to Page Six and the media outlet, saying, “they are still really good friends.”

The divorce was earlier reported by Washington Post.

Christiane, 60, the host of CNN’s global affairs show Amanpour, lives in London and recently took over Charlie Rose’s slot after the anchorman was accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women.

Jamie, 58, a former journalist and Bill Clinton-era Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, recently moved to Washington, where he is writing and consulting for lobbyist firm Ballard Partners.

Christiane called Jamie a “true hero” while talking to Oprah Winfrey, and told her how he moved to London to be with her and care for their son Darius, saying: “Jamie is the poster child for good husbands.”

He graduated from Columbia University, from which he also received a master's degree in international affairs and was a member of Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.

Their swanky wedding was attended by John F. Kennedy Jr. and wife Carolyn; diplomat Richard Holbrooke, Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal and former Deputy National Security Adviser James Steinberg.

https://lailasnews.com/christiane-amanpour-divorces-husband-of-20-years/

1 Share

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by izzou(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
sad

Chai

What must have caused this?

I know it's not Buhari sad sad

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by TITOBIGZ(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
once u taste black u can never go back,if u know u know gringrin

make I sharply go dust my CV,who knows she b my ticket out of sh*thole. grin

32 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Sapphire86(f): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
I really used to admire this woman because she managed to keep her home front while jumping from UAE to US to UK and worldwide trying to report business and other news.. shocked shocked shocked shocked

I’m in shock, what shall I do now? I still admire her all the same.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by junbi(f): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2018
Sapphire86:
I really used to admire this woman because she managed to keep her home front while jumping from UAE to US to UK and worldwide trying to report business and other news.. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Not easy being a role model, this just shows she's human embarassed

36 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Betakeshi: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
undecided
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
Their break up no dey pass infidelity.To even break up with ur boyfriend of one year dey give person heartache,let alone 20 years marriage.I wish them all the best.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by abumeinben(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
ReneeNuttall:
Their break up no dey pass infidelity.To even break up with ur boyfriend of one year dey give person heartache,let alone 20 years marriage.I wish them all the best.

Ah.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by ikemesit4477: 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
Why na, I so much love these woman! At 60 she still looks good!

7 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Naijawebmaster: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2018
After 20 years, you still get mind to divorce. It's well.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

3 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by eleojo23: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Somehow, I don't like this woman...
Not that I hate her o but I just don't like her..
I don't know why...

But it's just my business

8 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by okwabayi(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nigerians will say it was God who willed this on them as punishment.
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
Sapphire86:

Living apart more than u live together is tough on marriages. This is the reason even some apostles in the Bible didn't marry. Paul mentioned being single as being preferable so ur full attn is on the work.
The truth is Marriage doesn't work if ur both not giving attention to ur selves.

Some of these pastors dt end up ignoring and divorcing their wives don't seem to understand this principle. They should have either gone into ministry solo or learnt to love & give to their wives as Christ loves and gave himself to the church.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by ProfEinstein: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
If it's Nigeria they will tell you to stick to your partner even when you are fed up with the whole shiit. Let's learn to let go and find happiness elsewhere the moment it stops working.

5 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by wayne4loan: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
goldcoinhub:

The middle-aged couple, who have a teenage son, wed in Italy in 1998 after finding romance in war-torn Sarajevo.

A source confirmed the split to Page Six and the media outlet, saying, “they are still really good friends.”

The divorce was earlier reported by Washington Post.

Christiane, 60, the host of CNN’s global affairs show Amanpour, lives in London and recently took over Charlie Rose’s slot after the anchorman was accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women.

Jamie, 58, a former journalist and Bill Clinton-era Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, recently moved to Washington, where he is writing and consulting for lobbyist firm Ballard Partners.

Christiane called Jamie a “true hero” while talking to Oprah Winfrey, and told her how he moved to London to be with her and care for their son Darius, saying: “Jamie is the poster child for good husbands.”

He graduated from Columbia University, from which he also received a master's degree in international affairs and was a member of Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.

Their swanky wedding was attended by John F. Kennedy Jr. and wife Carolyn; diplomat Richard Holbrooke, Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal and former Deputy National Security Adviser James Steinberg.

https://lailasnews.com/christiane-amanpour-divorces-husband-of-20-years/

lalasticlala
cheesy
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Bluezy13(m): 12:47am On Jul 12, 2018
ProfEinstein:
If it's Nigeria they will tell you to stick to your partner even when you are fed up with the whole shiit. Let's learn to let go and find happiness elsewhere the moment it stops working.
What if you never found one??
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by phemmyfour: 7:36am On Jul 12, 2018
Christiane Amanpour...reporting for CNN
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Henrodah(m): 9:33am On Jul 12, 2018
Amanpour's hairstyle No dey change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by ninocia18(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2018
If couples had a clue of the aftermath of divorce on their kids. If they had just glimpse into the souls of children from broken homes and know what they go through, the world will dread that word divorce.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Frekkyun: 10:21am On Jul 12, 2018
I won't watch CNN again
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Stamfordluiz(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2018
Christian maka why kwanu

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2018
goldcoinhub:

Their choice
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by centoke30(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2018
their problems
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by ednut1(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2018
He got tired of lies,fake news and propaganda

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Sharpshooota: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2018
Those guys don't marry

They are always on the move
That's the life of a correspondent

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by thorpido(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2018
With her kind of job,the home front will always suffer.
It took a toll on the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by franchasng: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2018
wow
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by brightgreat(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2018
#chimamanda over to you

2 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by PROPHETmichael: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2018
Anything Buhari come across no dey last grin
Never let Buhari come to your show.

5 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Ayoswit(f): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2018
K
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by Speakdatruth: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2018
Marriage oh Marriage
Re: Christiane Amanpour Divorces Jamie Rubin, Her Husband Of 20 Years by ShitHead(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2018
Russia has hacked into their marriage.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Felix Aigbe Libarty To Tiwa & TeeBillz: Your Marriage Is Under Spiritual Attack / Mercy Johnson Steps Out With Her Children (Photos) / Mercy Johnson-okojie Vs Tonto Dikeh: Who Is A Better Actress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.