Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) (5657 Views)

I Want This Hausa Food Right Here / I Want This Hausa Food Right Here With Some Beef Meat??? / I Tried Hausa Food For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by toolsguru: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
Top 3 Hausa food and how to prepare them

Do not miss this chance to taste Top 3 Hausa food and how to prepare them! It’s one of the most delicious cuisines not only in Nigeria but whole Africa. You will miss at least half of the African cuisine culture if you don’t read this article.

These rice balls are the most welcome and most known Hausa food in restaurants. It’s usually prepared with the soft rice variety. You can see it served with soups, like Miyan Taushe and Miyan Kuka. If you want to prepare this dish, you must choose the soft rice.

Ingredients

Medium or even short grain rice (must be soft)
Water – should be enough quantity to prepare the food

Preparation

(1) You just need to take a pan where you are going to prepare the rice and fill it with enough water. The water should cover the whole quantity of rice. Place the pot on medium heat.

(2) At the time when the first portion of water is dried up, you can check the quality of it by mashing the pieces between fingers. If the rice has even the slightest resistance, then you will need to cook it once more.

(3) If the rice is good, you will need to reduce the heat and add some more water.

(4) Once you are happy with how warm and melted the rice is, you can mash it with a spatula. You will need to move the rice from the far end to the sides to mash it.

(5) Take the mound of tuwo and fold it into the rice. Repeat the process until the tuwo is combined with rice.

(6) You will need to leave it for at least two minutes to cool down.

(7) Mix everything thoroughly and get the rice into balls and then into the plastic to prevent tuwo from drying up.

(cool You can serve the balls with Nigerian soup and Okra.....................

CONTINUE READING WITH MORE PICTURES HERE: https://xclusiveafrica.com/top-3-hausa-foods-how-prepare-them

Re: Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
anytime any day i test hausa food God pls take my life
Re: Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by bigcee(m): 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:
Lmao grin .Why na?
Re: Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by Mariangeles(f): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:
Be careful what you wish for... Have you never tasted suya or kilishi before??

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by SLOVFO(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:

That's too extreme. You shouldn't talk like that. Hausa food if well and hygienically prepared can be delicious and nutritious.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
SLOVFO:

That's too extreme. You shouldn't talk like that. Hausa food if well and hygienically prepared can be delicious and nutritious.

thats y i said what i said and am not takinf it back
Re: Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by samwash(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:

OK ooo!!! use your mouth kill yourself, you think say na only hausa lady or Hausa person sabi cook Hausa food ?
God help you. Anybody can cook Hausa delicacy irrespective of the persons tribe.
Re: Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) by DOUBLEWAHALA: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
samwash:

OK ooo!!! use your mouth kill yourself, you think say na only hausa lady or Hausa person sabi cook Hausa food ?
God help you. Anybody can cook Hausa delicacy irrespective of the persons tribe.
hausa dont eat food they like smoking pass anytin

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your Favourite Sea Food Meat? I Love Sea Food / My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan / Pls I Need A Person That Will Teach Me How To Cook Concortion Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.