Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics (17722 Views)

Ifu Ennada Calls Out OAP Dotun For Mocking Her, he replis / OAP Dotun Forced To Change His Hair Color During His Passport Renewal Process / I Only Look Beautiful With The Help Of Makeups And Push-up Bras– Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by IamAirforce1: 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
Pained nigga
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by ituglobal(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Is it not only about phonetics and correct usage of English?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by jacoik(m): 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
cruzita:
I'm in the exam hall,can't comment now
your f9 is imminent. So u dey do exam and dey love-vendor into nairaland ehhhh
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
cali2:
look at what weed as turn dis good looking guy into
Who told you that weed turn him into that.. i'm not sure you know what a weed is
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
A critic of another person's ability must first show his or her mastery of the same subject matter without any evidence of pride. Sequel to establishing one's position as an authority in such matters, then you can point out the errors made without resorting to hurtful words. This is the right way to think. Radio is a powerful instrument, but there must be a well articulated position voiced through the airwaves, and not a jaundiced accent, americanized to portray a sense of hipness, when your audience is predominantly African. It sends the wrong message to the visitor listening to your program.

If an American wants to listen to Rick dee's or Billboard's top 100 singles, technology has made it very easy to do so. When an American comes to Nigeria, they want to explore and connect with our style and groove here in Africa.

I have an accent when I speak to women and people outside Nigeria and I grew to cultivate that accent in Nigeria, without cursing or using indecent words to accentuate my vocabulary, but it does not mean that I must be on radio to show off. If we learn as a people to appreciate simple things and to celebrate the good things people do, then we would be better off. When the pop culture expression "Keep it real" is mentioned, it simply means do what you know how to do best.

If your abinibi ability and acquired knowledge cannot carry you farther than where you are currently, then improve yourself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by oluwaahmed: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
Make I go fry boiled egg I go comment when I finish
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
Well from the way most female presenters sound on radio i guess they must be so beautiful cos their voice always sound so sweet on radio.
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Adefemiaderoju1: 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
DonDemu:
Who phonetics help?

Will that stop Nigerians from voting Sai Baba next year?

Gaskiya dokin karfe
Yes that will stop people from voting him ode
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Teespice(f): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
this OAP has said the truth.

nobody is saying you should not have an opinion on certain sensitive issues but then no need to say things that go contrary to the ethics of your profession as well as knocking two heads together.

reason why I love listening to Sophie of Cool Fm Kano. chic is objective as intelligent in a way I find refreshing.

1 Like

Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by blackfase(m): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
..Very annoying trend. I end up listening to Benin Republic stations most hours of d day. Tunning thru most stations one would think your in some UK city, with their annoying british accent. Tue kelebe...

2 Likes

Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by justparamount(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
dotun illegal ��
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Sunsets: 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
employers who only look for people with phonetics What does it mean to have phonetics?
WotzupNG:

Oladotun Ojuolape Kayode, popularly known as OAP Dotun of Cool FM, has reacted to a controversial interview in which OAP Misi of Hot FM slammed Tiwa Savage with claims that she only shouts while performing on stage and that Yemi Alade is better than her in terms of vocal range.

OAP Dotun slams radio employers who only look for people with phonetics
In a series of tweets, OAP Dotun stated that his colleague in broadcasting lacks the ethics of the job for making such an opinion public and on radio. He went on to chastise radio employers for only looking for people with phonetics without considering whether they have broadcasting ethics.

Read his tweets below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/07/oap-dotun-radio-employers-phonetics/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtiAgeEpPQg
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by MYGRATEskillz(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
For me... I won't listen to a Nigerian accent on radio..
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by solex2g4(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
You just nailed it bruv!!! Its all about objectivity and beyond phonetics.... i just dey laugh in Bujumbura by comparing Yemi to Tiwa, that one na suicide mission for yemi oooo
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Okey80: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
All these Lagos radio presenters be doing like the world revolves around them.

1 Like

Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by jaymichael(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Egein:
This is typical of the Bruce family of Cool FM.
But then again, Dotun himself speaks like someone with hot yam in his mouth. He talks like an hyper-agressor (something resembling DMX's voice). Is that how he speaks to his wife at home? Like a thug? Shiooor!
No be Bruce them get cool fm, na Lebanese guys get am, cool fm, wazobia,. Coolfm used to be my favorite radio station. I remember the days of Dan foster, Lakeside, Ebele, Christine, Mark Silver (007) Olisa Adibua, Iyke d gee etc. These are matured OAPs who know their onions. These days I listen to Classic fm, Brila fm, and Murphy Ijemba and Saun Amadi on max fm and metro fm.
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Egein(m): 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
jaymichael:
No be Bruce them get cool fm, na Lebanese guys get am, cool fm, wazobia,. Coolfm used to be my favorite radio station. I remember the days of Dan foster, Lakeside, Ebele, Christine, Mark Silver (007) Olisa Adibua, Iyke d gee etc. These are matured OAPs who know their onions. These days I listen to Classic fm, Brila fm, and Murphy Ijemba and Saun Amadi on max fm and metro fm.

Sorry, I meant Silverbird Group. The Lebanese company, AIM Group, owns Cool FM. Thanks for the correction.
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by ayaside(m): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
Shortyy:
Honestly that phonetics shiit is annoying now. You'll meet one village girl on air forming British accent. Like WTF this is Africa, this Nigeria. Speak your fvcking language. Or at least talk like a Nigerian. That's why I love other African countries. They can never hide their accents.
Not trying to sound rude but how many African countries have you visited?...I know some people form but some people have done much travelling and thus,the way they speak English might sound foreign to an average Nigerian.No be their fault abeg

1 Like

Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by Shortyy(f): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
ayaside:

Not trying to sound rude but how many African countries have you visited?...I know some people form but some people have done much travelling and thus,the way they speak English might sound foreign to an average Nigerian.No be their fault abeg
There are some who do it intentionally, even when you speak English they'll be insulting you cuz you have Yoruba accent or Igbo accent or Hausa.. that's just nonsense
Re: OAP Dotun Slams Radio Employers Who Only Look For People With Phonetics by ayaside(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
Shortyy:

There are some who do it intentionally, even when you speak English they'll be insulting you cuz you have Yoruba accent or Igbo accent or Hausa.. that's just nonsense
I guess that's how "they" want them to speak but for the insult part,that's shameful.I do know sometimes I joke around with my friends here and try speaking like various parts of naija.It doesn't mean we insulting anyone..We just love our diversity.As for the OAPs,they gotta be professional and speak in a way Nigerians will understand and anyone visiting Nigeria that wanna listen to radio too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Omotola At The Premiere Of Her Movie In London / Kim And Kanye's Daughter Is North West / Olamide Unveiled As The New Face Of Play TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.