Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' (954 Views)

US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran / Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by canuck(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday dismissed new sanctions aimed at punishing his country for failing to halt part of its nuclear program, calling the latest U.N. resolution "a worthless paper."

Rather than impeding Iran's development, the resolution "may have an impact on our country by [b]expediting [/b]the pace of our development," he said.

SOURCE: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/11/ahmadinejad-calls-resolution-worthless-paper/?test=latestnews
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by canuck(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
Reminds me of Saddam Hussein's boastful rhetorics before he ran like a scared rat into a hole!
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Afam(m): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2010
canuck:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday dismissed new sanctions aimed at punishing his country for failing to halt part of its nuclear program, calling the latest U.N. resolution "a worthless paper."

Rather than impeding Iran's development, the resolution "may have an impact on our country by [b]expediting [/b]the pace of our development," he said.

SOURCE: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/11/ahmadinejad-calls-resolution-worthless-paper/?test=latestnews

Well, if Israel has been going against UN resolutions for ages now then he has every right to disregard the resolution.

If things become unmanageable Iran could even opt out of the NPT and go the way of India and Pakistan that are not signatories to the NPT and develop nuclear weapons not just nuclear technology.

However, the hypocrisy of countries like the US, Israel etc will continue to make countries want to acquire nuclear technology or even weapons as that seems to be the only status symbol that will make your voice or position on issues count.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
Afam:

Well, if Israel has been going against UN resolutions for ages now then he has every right to disregard the resolution.

If things become unmanageable Iran could even opt out of the NPT and go the way of India and Pakistan that are not signatories to the NPT and develop nuclear weapons not just nuclear technology.

However, the hypocrisy of countries like the US, Israel etc will continue to make countries want to acquire nuclear technology or even weapons as that seems to be the only status symbol that will make your voice or position on issues count.

I award you with a special doctorate in Ignorance. grin
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2010

How this became an israeli issue is beyond me.

If they ask Iranians to go to school Afam would advise them not to go unless Israelis do the same
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by montelik(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2010
dayokanu:

How this became an israeli issue is beyond me.

If they ask Iranians to go to school Afam would advise them not to go unless Israelis do the same
grin grin grin.
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2010
I completely agree with Ahmedinejad that the UN sanctions are like "worthless tissue paper". Wonder what the UN seeks to achieve with that? In my opinion the UN itself has long become a worthless and useless organisation that only knows how to 'pamper' rogue states in the name of trying to maintain world peace. When North Korea CLEARLY committed an act of war by sinking South Korea's Naval Ship. . .killing hundreds of sailors, what did the big-for-nothing UN do? Issue a worthless "strong statement" condemning the act! Rubbish. Rather than mobilize a 'righteous coalition' to treat the 4uck-ups of rogue states, the UN only relies on tepid and senselessly ineffective diplomacy. Abeg let the big powers continue to resort to self-help jaré, otherwise cockroaches like Iran will keep flexing muscles they don't have.
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Cohomology: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2010
canuck:

Reminds me of Saddam Hussein's boastful rhetorics before he ran like a scared rat into a hole!

Iran and Iraq are different countries.

Saddam was not liked by many in Iraq, however, Iran will unite against an external foe.

The sanction was merely a US-instigated vehicle to attack the Islamic Republic of Iran. The effect will be insignificant.
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Ikomi(m): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
Cohomology:

Iran and Iraq are different countries.

Saddam was not liked by many in Iraq, however, Iran will unite against an external foe.

The sanction was merely a US-instigated vehicle to attack the Islamic Republic of Iran. The effect will be insignificant.

Why are you answering people who dont really know what they are talking about, what has all the sanctions in the world done to stop North Korea.

I think they all type sleeping.

All the Americans want, is not to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapon, that is far from the question. Iran is developing nuclear energy for econimic purposes. The sanctions is to actually cripple Iranians economically, as they are turning an economic force or powerhouse in the middle east. That is the threat, anyone who believes its all about nuclear weapons is been fooled.
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2010
Its so obvious Afam Nnaji is a retard.

The money spent on rehabilitating you would have been better used to supply condoms to baboons like your father
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2010
dayokanu:

The money spent on rehabilitating you would have been better used to supply condoms to baboons like your father

OMG!
What's Afam's father gotta do with your internet discourse. Dayokanu, pls check yourself & be courteous
Whatever happened to civility.
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by TayoD1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2010
@Dayokanu,

I understand your outrage but I think it is time you dropped this attack on Afam's parents.  Someone just coming into this thread will not understand that Afam attacked your parents first because the moderators have been sensible enough to sanction and delete Afam's initial posts.

I always say that those who initiate attacks on another's parents only reveal how little regard they have for theirs.  This is easy to see because you will invite others to attack your parents when you initiate attack on theirs.  I know you are only responding in kind, but still, it is better to take the high and honorable road by ignoring such attacks.  Honor the parents of the attacker even if they do not honor their parents. 

The moderators of this forum always do the right thing by sanctioning those who initiate attacks on others' parents.  Report to the moderator and don't drag yourself down to the same level as those who obviously have no regards for their parents, talkless of others'.

Your response makes you appear as classless as the one who started this outrage. I don't think you need that. Just my 2 cents.
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2010
OMG!
What's Afam's father gotta do with your internet discourse. Dayokanu, pls check yourself & be courteous
Whatever happened to civility

Probably if you have read the deleted posts you would have understood, He started it, I gave him time to delete or correct it and he insisted he would

I would always reply to fools like him in kind
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
AIRDIG:

OMG!

Hypocrite!!!!

In as much as I agree that we should not reply in kind to childish insults, you seem to have overlooked the continuous abuse that that person has thrown the way of almost everyone who disagrees with his out of point arguments.

Learn to be balanced in your dealings!

Or is it because he supports your points of view?? grin
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Probably if you have read the deleted posts you would have understood, He started it, I gave him time to delete or correct it and he insisted he would
I would always reply to fools like him in kind

Against the backdrop of the info by Tayo-D, I'll venture to say to Afam, the same thing I said to dayokanu.

Here it goes----
@Afam
OMG!
I don't think it's nice to drag our parents(Dayokanu's or anyone else) into internet discourse. Afam, pls check yourself & be courteous

BTW; the admonition ain't rude (everyone agrees, even Frosbel)

@frosbel,
Learn? ---Wwwhat? learning about balance and civility from you? someone who trade insults like NEPA trades blackout, No way!!! of course, I'll never stoop to your level of partisanship
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Ikomi(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2010
I think you guys should act right.

Tayo-D your case is worse.  angry
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2010
@frosbel,
Learn? ---Wwwhat? learning about balance and civility from you? someone who trade insults like NEPA trades blackout, No way!!! of course, I'll never stoop to your level of partisanship[/size][/b]

No doubt my arguments must have bruised you to make you so vindictive, but I have not condescended to the level of your brother Afam.

Indeed though I have sounded harsh sometimes, it is in reaction to your brother's rudeness, lack of civility and bush behaviour.
To descend to the level of abusing one’s parents puts him in a different league.

I know how strongly you feel about certain ideologies and articles, unfortunately on these matters our opinions are as far apart as the east is from the west. Respect my opinion and I respect your right to stick to yours.

Hope this will calm down your bitterness, lol.  grin
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by dayokanu(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2010
Isnt it too obvious that Afam is the most senseless person on this forum?

He is always the first to trade insults at people.

I have been on this forum for 4 yrs, Can anyone ever say I insulted him first on any occassion?
Re: Ahmadinejad Calls U.N. Nuke Sanctions 'Worthless Paper' by TayoD1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2010
@Ayatollah Ikomi,

Tayo-D your case is worse.
This coming from someone who sided with Ibime when he, like Afam thought the best way to express his disagreement with my point was to abuse my parents. Talk about a hypocrite.

Didn't you say that addressing me again on nairaland will be proof that something must be wrong with you? While I have known that looong before your post, I am sure the doubts in many hearts have now been jettisoned by your words and subsequnt inability to live up to the standard you set for yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Michelle Obama & Ann Romney Wore Identical Hot Outfit at the 2nd Debate(pix) / Identity Of British Soldier Hacked Down At Woolwich Revealed (photos) / Pilot 'deliberately Crashed' Mozambique Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.