Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,035 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

How To Be A Role Model | Inspire Your Contemporaries - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Be A Role Model | Inspire Your Contemporaries (325 Views)

Rise Above Your Contemporaries, Get Trained & Certified In The UK HSE 1,2 & 3 / Rise Above Your Contemporaries, Get Trained & Certified In The Nebosh IGC / Rise Above Your Contemporaries, Get Trained And Certified In The UK HSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Role Model | Inspire Your Contemporaries by lianoene: 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
Being a model or role model is not just about desiring or saying it. There’s much action when the desires are focused on a particular vision on goal. There are depths of pathways that must be traded, if you specifically want to be a role model. Before you can go further, there are some questions that are necessary such, who is role model, what are the steps to trade for becoming a role model, is there any battle or some diaspora or disadvantages of becoming a role model? When you answer this question you’d be able to know the next step to follow, because it is one step at a time.

Who is a Role Model?

A role model is a person whose behaviors, success, example, pathways techniques towards life, virtues are emulated by others, especially by younger people. The “Role Model” is credited to a sociologist known as Robert K. Merton, who coined the phrase during his career. A positive role model serves or lives as an example inspiring people especially children to live meaningful lives. At its care, a role model is a person carrying out an idea towards making the world a better place, by showing example for others to follow, but not the other way round. “I have learnt in life that there’s nothing or idea so big that it doesn’t need people to actualize it or make it succeed. “Bet on the jockey, not the horse” someone once said it’s certain that everyone needs entrepreneurs of a business or way of life, but some struggle carrying out a trying to live lip to their own as well as everyone’s expectation. It is actually that no one is superhuman, but it can feel like that.

I certainly wouldn’t expect superhuman behaviors from the people looking at us for guidance, nor would I want them to expect flawless behavior from themselves, if not flawless behavior, what characteristics and actions do they look for?

What are the Steps towards becoming a Role Model?

For instance, as a community coach, you might feel frustrated when the children in your charge appear to ignore you. That’s just kids being kids. In reality, they watch and listen more than you realize and I less than no time, they frequently start to imitate you over the course of time.

You might be thinking that you are just coaching children, but don’t be shocked that you’re shaping the attitudes and beliefs of the leaders of tomorrow.

Here are the steps to consider before you step toward what you believe.

Decide What You Value.

Decide what you stand for and what you stand for and what it has to do in relationship you’re about to coach and what it has to teach them about the world. Many of the lessons and behaviors, that they learn in life will influence their conduct in the larger world and would improve social justice.

Code of Conduc[/b]t.

Start with the right thing to gain mastery, set the right tone from the start, sit up meetings with patens and individuals who are exposed and are model professionals.

[b]Do the Say.

As you go into your coaching with them, make your word your actions consistently with your stated values and code of conduct. Remember, they are watching you, someone once said to me “What you do speaks loudly, so that I can’t hear what you say” this means that actions speaks so loud than words, they are just going to imitate you. Be a model f “Integrity” not “Hypocrisy”.

Evaluation and Improvement.

Going after each steps over and over again thoroughly, set a reflection on your behavior and speech around the kids that day. Don’t ever be loud or obnoxious, disrespectful even towards your clients, forgive and keep on forgiving yourself, but commit to getting better.

[center]How can you be a Role Model?[/center]
Demonstrate Confidence and Leadership.

A good role model is an optimistic person, confident and calm. Everyone likes a person who is happy with their achievement, but continues to strive for bigger objectives.

Be Unique.

Be proud of the personality you’ve build... continue reading===>>>https://scholarsempire.com/how-to-be-a-role-model/

(1) (Reply)

Questions To Ask Before Accepting A Job Offer / Apply Now: Dragnet Solutions Limited Massive Recruitment 2018 Is Out / I Need Hr Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.