Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed (1338 Views)

How Can You Tell If A Car Has Overheated In The Past? / Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by AutoJoshNG: 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2018

Indian automaker "Tata" has reportedly killed the Nano. If you don't know the Tata Nano, it's a micro car that has always been credited as the cheapest brand new car since it was launched. The Tata Nano was introduced in 2009 with a price tag of N297,750 ($1,985) using 2009's dollar exchange rate of about N150/dollar. As at today, the cost of a brand new is $2,500. 

The company is saying goodbye to the Nano because only one unit of the car was produced in the month of June as against 275 units produced in the same month last year. 

The demise of the Nano is a clear case of cost-cutting gone wrong. The major thing that attracts buyers to this car is its cheap price, however, the lack of basic features is a turn off. It is powered by a 0.6-liter 2 cylinder petrol engine that whispers 37 hp and 38 lb-ft of torque. No airbags. No safety features. No air conditioner and power steering in base models. Some don't even come with a radio because it's an option. 

https://autojosh.com/tata-nano-worlds-cheapest-car/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by oshe11: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
Who kill am

Low cost?

Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by Kneephy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
Aba boys over to you....

Giddem better one wey strong for #1800.
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by pat1612(m): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
It was just like keke i have been inside it no leg room no space at all. It was targeted to middle class families who cannot afford expensive cars but it failed miserably
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Indian automaker "Tata" has reportedly killed the Nano. If you don't know the Tata Nano, it's a micro car that has always been credited as the cheapest brand new car since it was launched. The Tata Nano was introduced in 2009 with a price tag of N297,750 ($1,985) using 2009's dollar exchange rate of about N150/dollar. As at today, the cost of a brand new is N2,500

The company is saying goodbye to the Nano because only one unit of the car was produced in the month of June as against 275 units produced in the same month last year. 

The demise of the Nano is a clear case of cost-cutting gone wrong. The major thing that attracts buyers to this car is its cheap price, however, the lack of basic features is a turn off. It is powered by a 0.6-liter 2 cylinder petrol engine that whispers 37 hp and 38 lb-ft of torque. No airbags. No safety features. No air conditioner and power steering in base models. Some don't even come with a radio because it's an option. 

https://autojosh.com/tata-nano-worlds-cheapest-car/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

I don't understand this abeg, clear me well
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by Imustreturn(m): 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
tongue

Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by pocohantas(f): 12:04am On Jul 13, 2018
"It is powered by a 0.6-liter 2 cylinder petrol engine that whispers 37 hp and 38 lb-ft of torque."

What?!! Who did this?
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by AHCB: 12:12am On Jul 13, 2018
Cheap things don't last long. Ever wondered why Mercedes Benz still sell? grin
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by AutoJoshNG: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by diportivo: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I don't understand this abeg, clear me well

I was expecting him to also clear u,but na means to front-page the guy dey find up and down angry
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2018
diportivo:

I was expecting him to also clear u,but na means to front-page the guy dey find up and down angry

bros the guy no still free clear me oh, abi na me no see the price well?

N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only)??

na im the whole Lagos state Neva lock up since, na to use leg dey jump ontop people motor dey go work na.... space no go dey......

maybe the op is high on something sha

modified, Im Don change am to $2,500

I for don fear oh
Re: Tata Nano: The World's Cheapest Car Has Been Killed by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We're fine with our IVM aka innoson. We should learn to appreciate what's ours.

Bye bye to the product.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

(1) (Reply)

Between Kia Rio 2018 And Hyundai Accent 2018 / Made In Nigeria: The Unexplored Vintage Car Industry (documentary) / Converting A Toyota Corolla 2006 UK Model From RHD To LHD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.