Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Threatening To Detain Me And Hang Me Upside Down” – Twitter User Narrates - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Threatening To Detain Me And Hang Me Upside Down” – Twitter User Narrates (331 Views)

They cut his head and hang it in NEPA pole Bobbos war - Bayelsa - PHOTOS / "How Thief Stole My Phone And Still Tricked Me Into Debt" - IG User Narrates / How My Brother Was Killed By SARS - Twitter User Narrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Threatening To Detain Me And Hang Me Upside Down” – Twitter User Narrates by oluwafemme129(m): 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
A Twitter user has narrated a scary story of how he was unlawfully held by the Nigerian police for hours after a random stop and search.

According to him, he was stopped while in a taxi on his way to a meeting. The policemen, who were in plain clothes, went through his phones and laptop before concluding he was a ‘fraudster’ and asked him to get into their car.

He explains that he has been kidnapped before by people disguising to be policemen and because of this he became wary when he was asked to get into their unmarked car.

Before getting to the police station, he was asked to write a statement but instead of writing what had actually transpired, the policemen were dictating to him what to write, which he bravely refused to do.

See the tweets below.

This is a reminder and lesson about how just about anyone can find themselves in these surreal situations and it is a call on the government to ensure there is a reform of the police system.

Re: Threatening To Detain Me And Hang Me Upside Down” – Twitter User Narrates by baconline(m): 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pls continue I have been in this position several times

(1) (Reply)

Woman, 25 Is Charged With Murder After Kidnapping Baby Boy With Two Men, Setting / Boko Haram Attacks Military Formation In Borno, Many Killed / Pastor's Son Commits Suicide After He Saw Viral Engagement Photos Of His Girlfri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.