Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing (22504 Views)

Please Advice:about How Much Does Commercial CD Duplication And Printing Cost / Cd And Dvd Labelling And Duplication / DVD Duplication And Conversion Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2007
Hello there,

Do you know anything about how CDs are duplicated and printed in Nigeria?

Do you know any company that handles commercial duplication of CDs (musical and VCDs) and maybe DVDs?

Do you know about how much it costs to duplicate one's own CDs using the various methods in Nigeria?

What about the cost of printing on the CD as well as creating and duplicating a colorful jacket for it?

If so, then please, share the information. Thanks in advance! kiss
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by nkc(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2007
seun, i don't know much about the company's in nija. but how about u buy a lightscribe dvd-ram writer(external), with fast burn speeds, it may well be worth it. or check music studios, most have some copies going on, hope it helps a bit. smiley
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by youngies(m): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2007
Seun, I know of a good one in Abuja. What exactly do you want to do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by uspry1(f): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2007
If you are plan to purchase your own personalized CD/DVD duplicator machine, here is picture and the link is found at:
www.discmakers.com

Catalog request: www.discmakers.com/catalog

Discmaker price quote as follow below:

Packages include:
[list]
[li]Highest quality DVD replication, including glass mastering and plating[/li]
[li]Disc Makers' award-winning, three-color on-disc printing.[/li]
[li]Full-color printed jackets with high-gloss UV coating.[/li]
[li]Insertion into jackets[/li]
[/list]

DVD-5s IN JACKETS:

[table][tr][td]QTY[/td][td]EACH  [/td][td]TOTAL  [/td][/tr][tr][td]300[/td][td]$2.99[/td][td]$897.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]500[/td][td]$2.18[/td][td]$1090.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]1,000[/td][td]$1.19[/td][td]$1,190.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]2,500[/td][td]$.97[/td][td]$2,425.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]5,000[/td][td]$.85[/td][td]$4,250.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]10,000[/td][td]$.64[/td][td]$6,400.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]25,000[/td][td]$.62[/td][td]$15,500.00 USD[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2007
Thanks, ladies and gentlemen, for your helpful replies.

nkc:

seun, i don't know much about the company's in nija. but how about u buy a lightscribe dvd-ram writer(external), with fast burn speeds, it may well be worth it.
The problem with lightscribe is that (1) it's very slow and (2) the writable CDs with lightscribe technology tend to be much more expensive than others. Still, it may be useful for printing one or two lines of text per CD.

or check music studios, most have some copies going on, hope it helps a bit. smiley
I guess I'll have to do this at some point. Thanks.

youngies:

Seun, I know of a good one in Abuja. What exactly do you want to do?
I want to know the cost of duplicating VCDs and DVDs commercially in Nigeria. And I want a good price.

@uspry1: thanks. I may be able to import the machine, but I won't be able to use their duplication services.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by sweetchick(f): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, Abi U wan start piracy business?
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 9:39am On Mar 27, 2007
No, I want to duplicate my own CDs for public consumption. So do you have the information or not? angry
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Jalal(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun, u should check A.J Zion, but their machines i think are very expensive, but if u got the dough no problem!! grin grin

Telephone : 234-1-493-7097,2348033442539,2348023177821
FAX : 234-1-4937097, 23413453018
Postal address : No 24 Olowu Street Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria
General Information : info@ajzion.com
Sales : sales@ajzion.com
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Jalal(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2007
If u just want to duplicate ur own cds then just buy a rugged cd/dvd writer
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Jalal(m): 10:45am On Mar 27, 2007
The cheapest way i think will be to do it by yourself, using a cd/dvd writer. It takes at least 10 minutes to duplicate a 800MB cd and 15 minutes for a 4.6GB DVD.
And u need software like Nero or Cd Labeler to make the jackets, all u need is the right kind of paper to print on and a good printer, but for printing on the cds, u need to go to the experts grin
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by youngies(m): 10:46am On Mar 27, 2007
Seun:

Thanks, ladies and gentlemen, for your helpful replies.
I want to know the cost of duplicating VCDs and DVDs commercially in Nigeria. And I want a good price.

Here in the nations capital, mass duplication of CD is about N200, (burning, printing and casing inclusive). For DVD is about N700.

Hope you find this useful.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2007
Hello youngies,

Thanks a million for the information. I find it very helpful.

Does the 200 naira for VCDs include the price of the 2 CDs in the pack of most movies?
If not, can you give me the price of duplication and printing of movies consisting of 2 cds?

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Jalal(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2007
@Youngies how many cds/dvds does "mass" include for N200?
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2007
Yes, that's a good question, Jalal. How do I get the right kind of paper for printing CD labels and jackets?
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by youngies(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2007
@Seun, If you want to duplicate VCDs, there are two options: 1. You provide your own CDs then we burn and print on the VCD with casing (plastic) Cost = N150

But if we provide the CD, burn, print and case = N200. Note that N200 is for 1 CD only. But quantity might cause us to negotiate.

@Jalal, Mass production is anything from 500 copies.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by youngies(m): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2007
Also, if you want to print a paper jacket for the VCDs like the movie people do, I recommend you take your design to a good digital printing press to do that for you. In very bad cases, they charge between 20 - 50 per jacket.

Hope this helps, Seun and Jalal
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by LoverBwoy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2007
No wonder the produce movies like pure water!

N200 for 500 copies shocked, cheaaaaaaaap

1 Like

Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2007
@youngies: thanks, but what's the price you charge for printing 2 cds and putting them in a case?

N200 for 500 copies Shocked, cheaaaaaaaap
No, it's not cheap.
- A Nigerian movie with two VCDs and a jacket costs 350 Naira.
- A pirated movie with two CDs and a plastic case and paper sleeve costs 150 naira.

Because for an original CD, apart from duplication and printing of two CDs, you need to give the distributors their share and cover your production costs. Even if the total media cost is 200 naira, it'll be hard to break even!
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Christino(m): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2007
@ Seun,

Most of the cds out there have a poor quality. Usually, they sell for about 25 naira per cd if purchased in bulk. Furthermore, the Cd covers sell for at least 15 to 20 naira if purchased in bulk so we can budget 45 naira per cd and 90 box for 2 cds. The plastic jack housing two cds costs about 30 naira as well. Colour printing on those jacks cost about 3naira (not too sure here) so we have rougly 125 naira per cd. If you get a laser cd printer, you definitely don't need the cd cover and dat'd be saving you an extra 10 box or so. Thermal printers print on good cds, you may need 3 or four samples of your cover design on different cds before going for the "best fit".

Your headache should be marketing/distribution cos those people have a big mouth, commission is key. If you do your research well, the overall cost of producing two "well packaged" cds in one needn't cost more than N105.00.

I've done year CDs for schools in the past, though I used quality cds and cd covers (more expensive but very neat) I didn't spend up to 170 box on 2 cds and it wasn't mass production.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by freelance(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2007
I am sure the Alaba guys really mass produce it and i am sure no matter now much, you want to produce it,in Nigeria it wud still cum cheaper when importing it.

Also a good printer and graphic designer should be able to help with the leather jackets.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by alanbolo(m): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2007
@Seun,  thx for this tread, it's an information needed myself as I'm into church multimedia who deals with mass duplication services in addition to others.     

@ Youngies,  U need to be more specific with the mass duplicaion as i don't believed that it's #200 for 500 copies as stated by confused - loverboy.   is there a specific website where this info is available?
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by freelance(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2007
If you need bulk importation of the CD's cud try and help you wuk on it. if you are interested.

Kind regards,
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by odd: 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2007
christino, u r right distribution is a headache. i was with some friends talkin about this, and it seems piracy is the main problem. what u think?
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Saddam: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2007
Check out
Transerve Their office is at Amuwo odofin Industrial Estate By ijesha Bus-Stop, off Oshodi Apapa Expressway
[center]and [/center]

Nira Sound also.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 1:42am On Apr 02, 2007
i was with some friends talkin about this, and it seems piracy is the main problem. what u think?
The main problem is that most movies are not very good. Instead of admitting that, producers prefer to blame pirates.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by ifeloveife(m): 6:30pm On May 01, 2007
if you wnat to make your own cd, we can do it for you with just N80 per cd with the casing,.we dont do priated cd.for
more info
mail me at info@ ewuwa.net
or beter till call me on 08029799236
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by tEsLim(m): 9:07pm On May 01, 2007
Yup! I'm on mobile and in a friends hows woulda been able to get all details.

Go to Nira Sounds its around satellite town. They'll print and duplicate. They do most of the major movies/music you see in 9ja. I used to be an artist signed to a record label and we used Nira. 60bucks per cd or so. Do your researches
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by Seun(m): 1:35am On May 05, 2007
Wow, thanks guys. With such prices, one can begin to consider video production as a viable business.
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by jasckluis: 6:08am On Nov 02, 2011
CD/DVD duplication is a quite mindfields, I mostly used for CD replication, gorriladiscs which are the best place for me,
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by henry4christ1: 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
Pls can I get a recent commercial value of VCD/DVD replication in nigeria with the necessary jacket
You guys has been helpful but I feel there should be lower prices now since there have been a lot of competition, also is there any geniune link to import these replicated VCD/DVD to nigeria. Pls call:08033223529 or email haldeal@yahoo.com
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by emonkey(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
I am buying equipment that will duplicate cds and print on them for young upcoming music artistes and school children . Is it required that I get a license from NCC to be able to do this commercially ? I am just operating from a small room in my office and not a big plant. Thanks
Re: Commercial CD And DVD Duplication And Printing by arbitrage: 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
Seun:
Hello there,

Do you know anything about how CDs are duplicated and printed in Nigeria?

Do you know any company that handles commercial duplication of CDs (musical and VCDs) and maybe DVDs?

Do you know about how much it costs to duplicate one's own CDs using the various methods in Nigeria?

What about the cost of printing on the CD as well as creating and duplicating a colorful jacket for it?

If so, then please, share the information. Thanks in advance! kiss

For those interested in stepping up the game to Blu Ray disc and 3D Blu-Ray discs, let me know so as to help you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs. / Tony Elumelu Hosts Akinwunmi Adesina And His Wife To Dinner / Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.