Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters (33565 Views)

COVID-19: Many Nigerian Students Are Stranded Abroad - ISF / 155 Nigerians Stranded In Russia After World Cup Return Home(photos) / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Patoski7(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
Make dem try commot for Russia before winter start oooo that winter passs the one for game of thrones ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by tinktanker: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
virago:

So have they committed a crime by travelling

Better than being caught for drug trafficking
all better drugs than skull mining n terrorism

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Hakogun(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
space booked
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by millionboi(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
gypsey:
So as someone who did NYSC you still didn't know that you could have Applied for your own work ID or what ever yourself without the services of an Agent? what kinda Ignoramuse are you? you are not going to do Nada! to the Agent, pray you even get the oppportunity to come back first before issuing threats grin, what if you die in Switzerland or your flight crashes on the way back? Chill! my friend! your $3200 is long gone deal with it! No offence. grin
Come allow d guy.

You that knows everything why are u using a phone inverted by another man after NYSC.

I dey suspect say u dey into d business of scammin ppl.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
millionboi:
Come allow d guy.

You that knows everything why are u using a phone inverted by another man after NYSC.

I dey suspect say u dey into d business of scammin ppl.
Yes! i am into the business of scamming people, I scam Ignoramuses like you and that Moronic So called NYSC student.

Now, Anything else reasonable you would like to add? cheesy
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by virago(f): 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
tinktanker:
all better drugs than skull mining n terrorism

e pain am
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by iamyoungskid(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
AkupeMBANO:
must it always be Naija? Senegal, morroco and other African nations where also there at Russia, why always my country the embarrassment is terrible

FIFA gave us... "THE BEST DRESSED COUNTRY". So at the end of world cup, I am sure they will give us... "THE MOST TALK ABOUT COUNTRY"
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by meobizy(f): 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2018
The truth is, if you are not greedy enough to pick the least cheaper-than-legal alternative to travel, you can't get scammed. Nigerians are ever willing to bypass common sense whenever they see the option of something cheaper than the original price.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by liberalchick(f): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2018
Wow see profit margin! I doubt they were fake FAN IDs because Russians were very strict with its authentication protocol. However, it is very easy to get a legitimate one, all you need to do is buy a World Cup ticket! So these guys made bank. All the agents had to do was buy the cheapest ticket ($140-$160) once they did, they were entitled to a FAN ID and subsequently they pocketed the difference ($540!) from some news sites, heard they were 200-400 Nigerians, it if it is from one agent x$540, do the math.

I bought my match ticket online, applied for a FAN ID online with the ticket number, uploaded my passport photograph that was it! and I got my FAN ID in the mail. No interviews, no need to show bank account, nothing.

Also, they caught some Morrocans trying to sneak into neighboring EU Finland.

Urgh! These people ruin things for people, I was so happy that I did not need to go through all the visa application wahala or pay visa fees. I am sure the next host city would have a list of counties where their fans would need to apply for a visa! To be honest Nigerian citizens do more harm to our passport than the leaders

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Taofeekdboy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
liberalchick:
Wow see profit margin! I doubt they were fake FAN IDs because Russians were very strict with its authentication protocol. However, it is very easy to get a legitimate one, all you need to do is buy a World Cup ticket! So these guys made bank. All the agents had to do was buy the cheapest ticket ($140-$160) once they did, they were entitled to a FAN ID and subsequently they pocketed the difference ($540!)

I bought my match ticket online, applied for a FAN ID online with the ticket number, uploaded my passport photograph that was it! and I got my FAN ID in the mail. No interviews, no need to show bank account, nothing.

Also, they caught some Morrocans trying to sneak into neighboring EU Finland.

Urgh! These people ruin things for people, I was so happy that I did not need to go through all the visa application wahala or pay visa fees. I am sure the next host city would have a list of counties where their fans would need to apply for a visa! To be honest Nigerian citizens do more harm to our passport than the leaders
you said my mind.. we all always blame our leaders for everything but we also need to check ourselves, we re well known outside the country for bad things; stealings, scams e.t.c to the extent of scrutinizing Nigeria’s passport at the port of entry of any foreign country..it is well with us

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by EazyMoh(m): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
lefulefu:
scammers provide u with so called shortcuts that are too difficult to resist. The victims might know the requirements but the scammer will convince u that there's an alternative cheaper route and when the victims gets convinced he gets scammed.its not about being educated.
You are right, clear case of penny wise pound foolish.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by EazyMoh(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2018
meobizy:
The truth is, if you are not greedy enough to pick the least cheaper-than-legal alternative to travel, you can't get scammed. Nigerians are ever willing to bypass common sense whenever they see the option of something cheaper than the original price.
Exactly!
Same way I don't trust all these 3rd party data vendors. No way data would be cheaper through them than directly from the telcos.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by millionboi(m): 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
gypsey:
Yes! i am into the business of scamming people, I scam Ignoramuses like you and that Moronic So called NYSC student.

Now, Anything else reasonable you would like to add? cheesy
you have not ans my qtn.

D phone weh u dey use type d shit na u produce m after NYSC as u be Mr know all.

To say SLAP dey connect like mtn ...I 4tro one slap land ur cheek now

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Bgcentz(m): 11:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
Why is Nigeria always involved in everything?
Are we cursed? Its not fair!
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by meobizy(f): 1:20am On Jul 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

Exactly!
Same way I don't trust all these 3rd party data vendors. No way data would be cheaper through them than directly from the telcos.
Some work. Majority of the adverts you see here are from scammers. In my almost fifty or so transactions I've done with two so far I got scammed only once and quickly moved from the individual. I don't want to give anybody the chance to scam me more than once in life, the pain is too great.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Diso60090(m): 5:38am On Jul 15, 2018
99% of Nigeria are a joke if you give them one inches they Will ask for ten always claiming victims
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Grupo(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2018
biobio111:
I have been in that situation when I travel to Switzerland in 2013 after my NYSC. My agent give my fake working permit ID after I spend $3200 for Two years visa with work permit, home reservation then I swear that whenever I come back to Nigeria that I must kill the agent. My brother is not easy to bear the loss, don't only collect your money back and feel rest concern because most agent are evil. Distance yourself from him and watch your back carefully.

Hmm. So how were you able to resolve it? Were you deported or you found your way?
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by mrbillz(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
amaniro:
to migrate is not by force ooh,

suicide Issa goal

thirdmillan, Niger Bridges, transformers all available wink
Third Mainland Bridge
Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by Aleora(f): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Siga:
These people were not scammed pls....they knew what they paid for...this is not scam....na plan wey backfire....
dont mind them,they are all lieing,one stupid guy in my area was just saying I don dey commot go hustle for yankee,when he finished explaining I laughed and told him to becareful,na russia ooo,he then said russia ke?that he will cross to Turkey,i then said illegal and he replied by saying that one concern me..Now he is calling home and his parents are broke......dah one concern am too....

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters by ThePianoGuy: 12:31am On Jul 20, 2018
Aleora:
dont mind them,they are all lieing,one stupid guy in my area was just saying I don dey commot go hustle for yankee,when he finished explaining I laughed and told him to becareful,na russia ooo,he then said russia ke?that he will cross to Turkey,i then said illegal and he replied by saying that one concern me..Now he is calling home and his parents are broke......dah one concern am too....
hahahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snake Killed At The Back Of Hotel I Lodged In Ado Ekiti (Photos) / Overloaded Vehicle Carrying Water Storage Tanks Spotted At Lagos-ota Express Way / All You Should Know About Driving In Australia As A New Immigrant From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.