Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler (780 Views)

What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! / Airtel Free Browsing Cheat Via Opera Mini Handler 2018 / Top 7 Adsense Paying Blogging Niches In Nigeria For Newbie Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by odinga1of: 12:03am On Jul 14, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, I just got a job from the office of the SA to the Governor on New Media. I was instructed to manage their website.
My question is how do I login to the site and control the website as the admin?
They sent me an Admin code and the website domain?
plz house help me Mods please o cc: mynd44, tonyebarcanista, naijatechguy, madridguy.
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2018
odinga1of:
Hello gurus in the house,
I just got a job from the office of the SA to the Governor on New Media.
I was instructed to manage their website.

My question is how do I login to the site
and control the website as the admin?

plz house help me
Mods please o
cc: mynd44, tonyebarcanista, naijatechguy, madridguy.

use the Admin code on the website or ask your employers for clarification
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by odinga1of: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2018
Dear house plz help me

cc: kingdolo

I was given the website and admin code, how do I use the admin code to login into the website?
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by odinga1of: 12:10am On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
use the Admin code on the website or ask your employers for clarification
Boss thanks for the reply, I have already open the website on my phone, where do I login the admin code?
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:12am On Jul 14, 2018
odinga1of:

Boss thanks for the reply, I have already open the website on my phone, where do I login the admin code?

Ask them for the Admin/back end URL of the website.

Didn't they give you orientation/training?
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by steveDpro: 12:58am On Jul 14, 2018
send me a pm
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2018
odinga1of:
Hello gurus in the house,
I just got a job from the office of the SA to the Governor on New Media.
I was instructed to manage their website.

My question is how do I login to the site
and control the website as the admin?

plz house help me
Mods please o
cc: mynd44, tonyebarcanista, naijatechguy, madridguy.

I believe the login codes should give you direct access to the cpanel. You can access the cpanel of most sites by typing http://admin.thiswebsite.com

replace the thiswebsite with the URL of the site you're managing.
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by odinga1of: 9:38am On Jul 14, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

I believe the login codes should give you direct access to the cpanel. You can access the cpanel of most sites by typing http://admin.thiswebsite.com

replace the thiswebsite with the URL of the site you're managing.

Thanks bro, I will love to meet you someday when I'm in Choba, right now i am in SARS road by Afribite.
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by Doerstech(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2018
odinga1of:
Dear house plz help me

cc: kingdolo

I was given the website and admin code, how do I use the admin code to login into the website?

I can help you manage the site, while you face other duties...

Now accessing the backend and admin area of the site depends on what was used in building the site.

1) If WordPress then default admin access route is www.thenameofthesite.com/wp-admin. or any other back end access channel that was created by the site builder.

if the site was built with other CMS , then you have ask the previous manager / or builder for the back access URL.

2) If the site was coded from ground up using HTML, CSS, JS, Bootstrap , PHP etc for you to update any of the site pages , you have access the site folder / files using ftp or directly from the cpanel but I use ftp softwares like filezilla when I have to download website folders from the server for local use.

download the entire folder of the site, open it in the web editor of choice eg Sublime text ---: edit make changes to any of the pages ---: Then re-upload back to server via ftp once done.

You can make changes to both your HTML, CSS , JS , PHP files live on server from your cpanel if you're an advance user.

Like I said , I can help you deal with this on an arrangement while you face other important task of your office

Reach me on 08095966698

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by NaijaTechGuy(m): 4:12am On Jul 15, 2018
odinga1of:

Thanks bro, I will love to meet you someday when I'm in Choba, right now i am in SARS road by Afribite.

Alright.. You're welcome though smiley
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by odinga1of: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Alright.. You're welcome though smiley

Boss can I blog a post and tag someone too?

right now I am getting use to the admin, hence my reason of asking.

can I post on the blog and tag myself so that my facebook friends can see it on my timeline?
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by odinga1of: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2018
Doerstech:

I can help you manage the site, while you face other duties...

Now accessing the backend and admin area of the site depends on what was used in building the site.

1) If WordPress then default admin access route is www.thenameofthesite.com/wp-admin. or any other back end access channel that was created by the site builder.

if the site was built with other CMS , then you have ask the previous manager / or builder for the back access URL.

2) If the site was coded from ground up using HTML, CSS, JS, Bootstrap , PHP etc for you to update any of the site pages , you have access the site folder / files using ftp or directly from the cpanel but I use ftp softwares like filezilla when I have to download website folders from the server for local use.

download the entire folder of the site, open it in the web editor of choice eg Sublime text ---: edit make changes to any of the pages ---: Then re-upload back to server via ftp once done.

You can make changes to both your HTML, CSS , JS , PHP files live on server from your cpanel if you're an advance user.

Like I said , I can help you deal with this on an arrangement while you face other important task of your office

Reach me on 08095966698

It's a wordpress site.
can I blog a new post and tag myself so it will appear on my facebook timeline?
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by Doerstech(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
odinga1of:

It's a wordpress site.
can I blog a new post and tag myself so it will appear on my facebook timeline?

You can share the blog post anywhere tagging yourself or not

Since it's a WordPress site managing it is even easier....Do you want us to have an arrangement on that? if you do then we can talk privately here - 08095966698
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:10am On Jul 20, 2018
odinga1of:

Boss can I blog a post and tag someone too?

right now I am getting use to the admin, hence my reason of asking.

can I post on the blog and tag myself so that my facebook friends can see it on my timeline?

It depends on the platform the site is running on, I believe there should be a plug in to do that automatically, if there isn't use IFTTT
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by odinga1of: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

It depends on the platform the site is running on, I believe there should be a plug in to do that automatically, if there isn't use IFTTT

Thanks bro, how do I use the IFTTT or where can I see the IFTTT?
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by webapi: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2018
Itz very easy. Just get the framework it is built on, then you can login. You can also login to cpanel and check the files within it. You can call me to direct you. 08170672230
Re: Urgent Help: Newbie Website Handler by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
odinga1of:

Thanks bro, how do I use the IFTTT or where can I see the IFTTT?

IFTTT.com.. Connect the site's rss feed to your Facebook account.

When you open IFTTT, go to create new applet,
Then create this applet - IF RSS FEED THEN FACEBOOK

(1) (Reply)

Has My Website Been Hacked? / Website/blog Design And Google Adsense Available / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.