Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! (3357 Views)

Top 7 Adsense Paying Blogging Niches In Nigeria For Newbie Bloggers / Access Bank Wants To Exchange My Ad Income At N305/$ / Blogging: Bloggers In The House Should Help A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 10:35am On May 18, 2019
I am John, and have been blogging for over a decade now!

With questechie.com haven won two international awards to date, asides mentions in authoritative media in the world.

Though the road has not been all rosy, but I have garnered a lot of experience on the ride.

I won't mind sharing some, if you care to know!

What do you want to know? cool
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 18, 2019
You can ask about my journey on building evergreen back links!
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 5:31am On May 21, 2019
Anything?
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2019
I am still here to answer your questions! grin
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 19, 2019
Someone once asked me, "I don't see Adsense on your blog, how do you make money from it?"

I have successfully leveraged on sponsored posts to monetize my blog, with a growing list of clientele that give me jobs on regular basis.

In fact, I found sponsored posts more gratifying because I don't have to wait for months to get paid, I receive my payment even before delivering the job! grin
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 19, 2019
Ok. How do correct structured data errors?
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2019
ClixMaster:
Except for someone with web development background, it's best to ensure your template/theme is properly structured, else manually reworking will be futile.
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by BluePrincee: 8:08am On Jun 19, 2019
How much do you make from your questechie blog monthly since you don't use adsense? I am curious as to how you make money without an ad network? Also if I want to get to your level of knowledge and do what you do, from where do I start? Give me link to resources for beginners to advance. Thank you in advance. More grease to your elbows and dollars to your pocket
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 19, 2019
BluePrincee:
How much do you make from your questechie blog monthly since you don't use adsense? I am curious as to how you make money without an ad network? Also if I want to get to your level of knowledge and do what you do, from where do I start? Give me link to resources for beginners to advance. Thank you in advance. More grease to your elbows and dollars to your pocket
I can't be specific about what it makes per month; but I would give you the pricing range I charge clients and the highest number of jobs I have been able to complete in a week.

We charge btw $30 to $50 and often get upto 3 jobs per week. The pricing depends if they are providing the article and whether they want us to do the writing.

And for resources for beginners, I think Googling such will be helpful!

2 Likes

Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by lastbaff(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2019
Following cool
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
lastbaff:
Following cool
That's also good! cool
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by sparkle7: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2019
questechie:
I am John, and have been blogging for over a decade now!

With questechie.com haven won two international awards to date, asides mentions in authoritative media in the world.

Though the road has not been all rossy, but I have garnered a lot of experience on the ride.

I won't mind sharing some, if you care to know!

1. Can you briefly outline some challenges you had when starting out?
2. How many months did it take you to earn your first 6 figures from your website?
3. Apart from adsense, what other money magneting tactics do you useto pull in money for your website?
4. What advice do you have for the newbies who are just starting out in blogging?
I humbly await your revered answers from your overflowing bank of knowledge.
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 20, 2019
sparkle7:

1. Can you briefly outline some challenges you had when starting out?
2. How many months did it take you to earn your first 6 figures from your website?
3. Apart from adsense, what other money magneting tactics do you useto pull in money for your website?
4. What advice do you have for the newbies who are just starting out in blogging?
I humbly await your revered answers from your overflowing bank of knowledge.

First, it took me almost 3 years to learn what works and what doesn't as regards blog design, you see, your choice of template/theme can make or mar your blogging ambitions.

And especially, on Blogger platform where there is lack of quality templates, unlike WordPress that boasts of a plethora of top-notch themes.

Getting it right on the onpage factors is key!

About monetization, I have tried Adsense, but as at then my traffic wasn't much to hit any success, so I had to concentrate on building quality contents and traffic.

While along the line, I stumbled on contents marketing and haven incorporated it into my blogging services, it has come to now pay the bills. cool

1 Like

Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
*My advise to newbies just starting out is that more focus should be on contents, as it determines who you attract as audience.

And make sure the template/theme you opt for has the required structured data markups, as even Google has stated time and again that structured data is a major determinant of ranking as it allow search engines to understand what the site is about!
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
Someone once asked me about Affiliate marketing, well I tried it, but the outcome wasn't all that palatable.

For over a year, I ran an affiliate program which comprised me making hundreds of posts with the affiliate links, and overtime I found the program is a tad fraudulent. They don't actually pay for all referrals, even though they made use of it all, they insist only US referral will be paid.

And I had problem with it, but given the hundreds of posts I have already made, opting out was a problem.

Finally, I made up my mind about it, and deleted over 200 of such affiliate posts. In fact, i came to know later that those affiliate posts affected my blogs ranking, as they contained contents Google saw as copyright violation, and my traffic started to improve afterwards.

Since then I vowed never again to engage in any affiliate program.
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 21, 2019
Any further questions
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
ClixMaster:
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Google has made it clear over and over again, the importance of structured data, as such making sure you template/theme has it properly implemented is key.
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=questechie post=79539765][/quote]Any help undecided?
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
ClixMaster:
Any help undecided?
What help
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2019
A no-brainer tip: It is always beneficial if a blogger have some web development skills and graphics, as that will make your blog standout and perhaps attract more audience.
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 23, 2019
questechie:
Any further questions
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
lastbaff:
Following cool
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 01, 2019
questechie:
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 02, 2019
About Affiliate programs, I haven't found much success with it and wouldn't recommend it for a newbie.
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by ECBlogger: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hello there! How can I promote my blog to get even more awareness.

Secondly, can you help with some backlinks to build?

I blog @ http://entclassblog.com

questechie:

Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 03, 2019
ECBlogger:
Hello there! How can I promote my blog to get even more awareness.

Secondly, can you help with some backlinks to build?

I blog @ http://entclassblog.com

Abeg, park one side, we are talking about newbies here! grin
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by ECBlogger: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2019
So I am an Old-bie?

Anyway no problem sir. Thanks for sharing...

questechie:

Abeg, park one side, we are talking about newbies here! grin
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 04, 2019
ECBlogger:
So I am an Old-bie?

Anyway no problem sir. Thanks for sharing...

I like that, Old-bie! grin
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by ECBlogger: 10:34am On Jul 04, 2019
grin

questechie:

I like that, Old-bie! grin
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
When it comes to backlinks, the number doesn't count anymore with Google, quality does. cool
Re: What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 09, 2019
questechie:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Javascript Tutorial For Newbies [both Procedural / Oop Inclusive] / Personal Domain Names and Websites / How Do I Host My Website After Designing It From My Computer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.