Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,581 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (89673 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CrazeMan69(m): 6:14am On Jul 15, 2018
JoannaSedley:
See them. You work hard for it you OWN it. You can sleep under the bridge for all I care, bunch of destiny swindlers. Your type will never pray for your wife to succeed. Read what you wrote up there. Why won't gold diggers and slay mamas come your way since you do not value hardworking women who make things happen. You can even prevent your wife from having a PhD when you do not have. Egomaniacal bunch.
You stay back doing unsuccessful things a d when she comes back with goodies, your backward traditional mindset will crawl outta the woodworks that she ain't supposed to have her name on it becase you are the horseband. Remember to tell Fulorunsho Alakija that. She is the richest woman on the planet earth today not her horse band.

Your type can not have a successful relationship/Marriage except you are dating/married to a “Horse-band” (permit me to use your words).
In marriage the two people work together as one it is not right to own a property individually except you both agree on such; the car should be ‘our’ car, the home should be ‘our’ home.

Please change your mentality even the westerners agree on this that’s why on the event of a failed marriage everything that is acquired during the marriage is split into two.

Remain Blessed
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by lorenzos1: 6:15am On Jul 15, 2018
It's your marriage try and make it work.. But don't change ownership of your property... anything can still happen in the future... But for the sake of your marriage and his ego.. You can get a lawyer and put it in your kids name.... Don't put his name.. Worst it could be in your names..

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by wordbank(m): 6:15am On Jul 15, 2018
JoannaSedley:
But it is right for the man to use his name alone? Yeye dey smell. That's for all the jobless women littered all over the world.
Say that to Patience Jonathan, Allison Madueke and Folorunsho Alakija.
In your opinion, marriage is a business for hyenas.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by eyinjuege: 6:16am On Jul 15, 2018
adubiay:

Even if the man is the sole owner of both the land and house, it is wrong of him to have asked the wife to leave the house, we all knows that, but the issue here is the wife trying to paint the husband bad starting from the topic of the tread, absorbing herself of any wrong doing, she is here to feed her ego, and she's getting what she want from kids here who didn't even study the tread and details b4 telling her to call her husband bluff. Do we know how long it took the husband before he finds out. The husband has not bother to check when he was investing on the land(maybe he has the lion share) because he trust his wife believing it is there land. The husband didn't just dash his money to his parents, he spent it on there health. She has to mock her husband that the house belong to her at the heat of argument. hmmmm what a wife. Women always belief that husband money is OUR money but her own money is her money. Me can't stand such woman either

Why would a reasonable man send his wife packing in a house they both contributed to? She may even have had a lion's share in the contribution. She used her money to buy the land, while he spent his on his parents health and building a house for his parents (not a bad thing)
He sent them packing before he even knew about the house, so he already had his own plans.
She didn't send him packing, she was quite happy to share her house with him.
He on the other hand is the one exhibiting the trait of my money is my money
Are we sure he wasn't really trying to bring in another woman into the house after sending wife and children packing? Are we sure the cause of their major misunderstanding wasn't another woman? I don't believe he was joking when he asked her to move out. He meant business- "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh"- bible
Let us try to be objective and fair in our dealings with others. That is what the bible would want- love your neighbor as yourself
Would the man in question have agreed his wife used her share of the money to look after her family? (Probably not), why does he feel its right that his name should be solely on the land? If it's right for his name to be solely on the land, then it's equally alright for hers to be solely on it.
How would he have felt if his wife decided to send him packing during their argument? Why then did he decide to do that to his wife?

7 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by JoannaSedley(f): 6:16am On Jul 15, 2018
CrazeMan69:
Your type can not have a successful relationship/Marriage except you are dating/married to a “Horse-band” (permit me to use your words).
In marriage the two people work together as one it is not right to own a property individually except you both agree on such; the car should be ‘our’ car, the home should be ‘our’ home.

Please change your mentality even the westerners agree on this that’s why on the event of a failed marriage everything that is acquired during the marriage is split into two.

Remain Blessed
Unless we are reading different threads here, where they are advising the woman to change the property to only HIS name. Who does that? Unless you are a nonentity as I am not which makes it unlikely for things like that to happen to me. I earn money, I buy things for myself. If you want me to buy for you I buy it in your name. I dont want someone sticking to me because of some property.

Take your blessings sir. This right here is pissing me off

5 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Sterope(f): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2018
What? you don't think with your manhood undecided
Oklander:
Thing? I have chosen to not go the path you are pushing me, I clearly stated my opinionated contribution up there, you should really mind the push.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Orgym(m): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2018
Eketem:
I am confused as to why you are begging him.

You both got paid from a business
He used his own share for his parents, you used your own to build a house now he got angry and decided to kick you out of your own house, you told him it wasn't possible.

He gets angry and moves out
Let him stay out, he is a wicked man that would have been happy to see you out on the streets with your kids begging him up and down.

I don't understand why you are now begging him.

I don't know why Nigerian women are so desperate to keep wicked men

You have only heard one side of the story and start vomiting all that you never swallowed. Don't use you predicament to judge this guy. Do you think it is possible for a woman to build house without the financial contribution of her husband! I don't think so. Women will always look for a point of negotiation when issue arise in the family.
I believe this man felt very bad that her wife could name a document after her name even when he is the head of the family. He moved out of the house because his wife betrayed his trust and not because of the house issue in particular.
What belong to a man also belong to a woman in a Family. All properties are supposed to me named after the name of the couple. The ideal name should be Mr and Mrs ABCD. Its an issue that can be resolve within the family. Humble yourself before your husband and stop playing to be smart.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

He doesnt want that, i suggested it he said no, he has to be in charge fully not jointly
tell him you will sell the house to him at cost price and remind him it is your part of the money used to build the house. in issues like this the best thing is to never act desperate if not you lose. You must always think of you and your children first.

your huaband is merely throwing a tantrum because whether he likes it or not he will still come back to you. Even if he drives himself to another woman, remeber he is doing it cos he is homeless, she will one day kick him out

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by olalat(m): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

I used my part of the money which is not wrong, i expected him to know that
Madam, if you will listen to pure truth, and you still need keep.your home intact, if not for anything but for your children. No man, I repeat, no real man will take that shiit from any woman. You have the audacity to confront your husband that much cos you know that you have some leverage and advantage over him. Please, keep that family tight because of the children. Growing up, they learn from both of you and it plays a major in their future. Go and meet your man wherever he is, you guys should find a way to adjust the property title maybe to your children name. You snitch on your man big time. You took his trust for granted I guess.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by capitalzero: 6:19am On Jul 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
wow, dis is serious
1. invite ur pastor or someone he highly respects and a lawyer.

2. kneel down and beg him in their midst and ask d lawyer 2 change it 2 his name.( this is if u want peace}

now, if u are scared he would turn around and throw u out l8a,
1. call a lawyer and file for a divorce
2. sell d house, invest d money and move 2 a smaller house

It is well with u

in addition to above, never change the house to his name. He might even kill you after that.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 6:19am On Jul 15, 2018
Shut up, mumu. Please save such rubbish advice for your sisters, sane people don't need it.
divinelove:

Calm down
Husband and wife ordinarily are supposed to be one, all these are caused by lack of trust and firm believe in oneness. The man married the woman and not the other way round. The husband is head to his wife n DTS not hard to figure out.

Any woman who cannot stay under a man should not consider marriage, after all marriage is not a must

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Marsnizz: 6:19am On Jul 15, 2018
As you allege the so called house was built with your own hard earned money through join business instead,he used his same proceed from the join business and settle his family problem and you built the house using your own .please the house belong to you" it is not an acclaimed property" .My advice is;Don't ever in your entire life change that legal document to his name because one day your children, his children and yourself will be render homeless .Ediot husband!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CrazeMan69(m): 6:20am On Jul 15, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Unless we are reading different threads here, where they are advising the woman to change the property to only HIS name. Who does that? Unless you are a nonentity as I am not which makes it unlikely for things like that to happen to me. I earn money, I buy things for myself. If you want me to buy for you I buy it in your name. I dont want someone sticking to me because of some property.

Take your blessings sir. This right here is pissing me off

I do not support the changing of the name to his name read my comment on page 14
My point remains she is wrong to claim sole ownership of a property acquired during marriage. She knows this and has tried to add her husband’s name (which I do not advise her to do except with the consel of an experienced marriage lawyer)
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by JoannaSedley(f): 6:21am On Jul 15, 2018
wordbank:

In your opinion, marriage is a business for hyenas.
You can deduce that from my submission you quoted, eei?
Nay, marriage have always been a business in Africa where the man needs a glorified maid and the woman needs to escape from either poverty or something. It has always been a business of convenience... Nothing else. No matter the love we tend to profess we always go back to the traditional archaic mindsets of our forefathers who knows nothing about love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Legacyltd: 6:22am On Jul 15, 2018
Tell him to build another one in HIS NAME then volunteer to move in with him in the new HOUSE while your property remain yours and your kids in case he tried to push you outta his then you can kindly move to your house case close signed, sealed and deliver by member ASSOCIATION OF COMMENTS READERS OF NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 6:23am On Jul 15, 2018
Shut up your mouth. Where in the Bible did God say a woman should give her property to her husband. Since the man is the head if the home shouldn't he be the one to try to keep his his marriage? Nonsense.
divinelove:

grin

My submissions are based on eternal truths as enshrined in the holy Bible which is the factory manual for Godly marriage

3 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 15, 2018
weavesquad:

My Dear Sis/bro, U Just Adviced Her Wrongly, Am So Sorry Oo. Its Normal For The Man To Feel That His Ego Has Been Bruised On. She Needs To Make Her Self Submissive Because Of The Kids Future, Though We Didnt Hear Ur Husband Part But Here Are Ur Mistakes. 1. U Shouldnt Have Used Ur Name Without Ur Husband Consent, Its Shows U Also Have Plans Of Treatin Him Like Wife In D Future. 2. During D Heated Argument , Ur Husband May Not Really Meant U Pack Out, It May Be Masculine Authority(when He Doesnt Feel Respect Frm U Again, And Dts Woman Stunt.). You Shouldnt Ve Mentioned Who Owns D Ppty. No Responsible Man Wl Accpt Ur Plea & Continue To Sleep Under Same Roof Afta Such Statement.
i beg to disagree. What was her crime to prompt him asking her to leave the house. I'm a man... In as much as women are the weaker sex let's learn to respect them. I'm sure he also has his own wrong doings. Every couple has a dark secret. He made a mistake. As for me don't change the name

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 15, 2018
weavesquad:

My Dear Sis/bro, U Just Adviced Her Wrongly, Am So Sorry Oo. Its Normal For The Man To Feel That His Ego Has Been Bruised On. She Needs To Make Her Self Submissive Because Of The Kids Future, Though We Didnt Hear Ur Husband Part But Here Are Ur Mistakes. 1. U Shouldnt Have Used Ur Name Without Ur Husband Consent, Its Shows U Also Have Plans Of Treatin Him Like Wife In D Future. 2. During D Heated Argument , Ur Husband May Not Really Meant U Pack Out, It May Be Masculine Authority(when He Doesnt Feel Respect Frm U Again, And Dts Woman Stunt.). You Shouldnt Ve Mentioned Who Owns D Ppty. No Responsible Man Wl Accpt Ur Plea & Continue To Sleep Under Same Roof Afta Such Statement.
i beg to disagree. What was her crime to prompt him asking her to leave the house. I'm a man... In as much as women are the weaker sex let's learn to respect them. I'm sure he also has his own wrong doings. Every couple has a dark secret. He made a mistake. As for me don't change the name yet. Call a meeting and discuss the best approach to solving it. How can he just seek for transfer not even bothered about the kids

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CrazeMan69(m): 6:26am On Jul 15, 2018
When the real problem will start is when the OP takes the advice of one of these ‘forever young ladies’ that are here ranting.
Most of them are 38 and still single and searching or are married to useless and abusive husbands.

OP hold your husband tight, although it seems he already slipped away undecided
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 6:27am On Jul 15, 2018
I wonder wear such men are bred, God help us.
No wonder boacken have the worst IQ in all of humanity. Someone asked his wife and kids to move out and they could've been out if not for the smartness of the woman and you're here saying thrash.

Pls receive sense because at the moment you have none.
CSTR1005:
The woman is terrible and I understand the husband's point of view.

He asked her to pack out like any average Nigerian man threatens when they are very annoyed. He was probably never going to see it through on the long run.

Only to have his wife deflect his ego that the property he thought was a family asset belonged to his wife.
A massive treachery.

I am sure he is never going to stay in that house again. He'd rather rent his own house than live there.

If the woman knows what is good for her, she'd better retrace her steps and change the ownership to a family name or in the children's names.

If not, That guy would go out there and get a new wife in time and rent a new house, and she would be stuck with three children.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Temi17: 6:27am On Jul 15, 2018
Will that house to your children name and let us see his reaction

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by BestDude: 6:28am On Jul 15, 2018
dingbang:
How did you manage to put your name as the owner or the house without letting him know? You are a snitch
Oga she did right Abeg. Na God save her.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Oklander: 6:29am On Jul 15, 2018
Sterope:
What? you don't think with your manhood undecided
Lol, I see!

Pass!
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by LexngtonSteele: 6:29am On Jul 15, 2018
Acidosis:
Let's get something straight here;

1. You did not buy a house with your own proceeds. What you acquired is the land.

2. Are you saying from the foundation to the furnishing of that building, your husband did not contribute at least 60% of the building funds?

3. If your husband has a very significant contribution to that building, then his grievances are well justified. How can he contribute to a building and not have his name on the property? What's the ratio of cost of land to the actual building?

Before you follow the recommendations on this thread, ensure you clarify your post.. Don't go and destroy your home based on the half truth you have here.

It is unfortunate that in law, the owner of the land is assumed the overseer and owner of any building, property or items on the land. Buildings don't come with a name, only the land does, so I totally understand your husband's fears. Your acquisition of a land shouldn't give you the absolute authority over the entire property. This is family affairs please, not property law.

Excellent points here...i usually don't comment on articles already on Page 14.

Nigerians as usual rush to side with the teller of a story. It's a very common flaw, LOL. If this story is true, obviously the teller of the story left out all the juicy bits where she did wrong.

That said, if this story is true, the woman should push for :

Option 1 - joint ownership, OR

Option 2 - ownership by the kids (kids will be their landlords...my fave option) OR

Option 3 - hand over ownership to Husband.

I won't advise Option 3 at all

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by keeenee: 6:29am On Jul 15, 2018
Madam you haven't told us the full story. No man asks his wife&kids to leave after just one fight.
Has their been serial fights, misunderstandings,trust issues and an unhappy home.
Who's the cause of so.
It's not just the house I guess, I believe the problem is deeper than what you ve painted. So get proper counselling and sure not from nairaland only o.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CrazeMan69(m): 6:31am On Jul 15, 2018
Amberon11:
I wonder wear such men are bred, God help us.
No wonder boacken have the worst IQ in all of humanity. Someone asked his wife and kids to move out and they could've been out if not for the smartness of the woman and you're here saying thrash.

Pls receive sense because at the moment you have none.

Shut your mouth �,
Did he throw her bags outside? Did he beat her?
Do you know what really went down?

You heard a sob story and you are condemning the man angry
Your type will be jumping from one church to another because of broken homes when you are the cause of your misfortune angry
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 6:31am On Jul 15, 2018
Excuse you...read the Bible first before drawing conclusions. People can interpret anything to suit their already twisted views on any topic. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to concede any property to your husband.
Daeylar:

grin grin

There are so many reasons why I hate that book of many ridiculous stories. This is one of them grin

Op, my advice to you is since he has gone, let him go, but...... People don't like divorce sooooo.... No comment.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by 2buffagain(m): 6:32am On Jul 15, 2018
oloyede252:

are you intelligent at all.. he said that during an argument So the man never kicked out the woman from the house...

You should be answering this your question for yourself.
Go and read the opening post again and stop making a complete fool of yourself.

A Primary school dropout can read better than you sadly...

4 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by emelda86(f): 6:32am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

He doesnt want that, i suggested it he said no, he has to be in charge fully not jointly

Imagine otoro gbabuo ya...

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by BestDude: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

You married a selfish and wicked man. If this will lead to the end of your marriage, let it be. For the sake of your kids, keep that house.

Until Nigerian men decide to learn that their wives Te humans too and being draconian will not favour them, they are living in fools paradise.

The man is an idiot and think you are one too.

Stop begging him. What nonsense? Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by eyinjuege: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2018
CrazeMan69:

Did she say what provoked him?
I put it to you that if you hear the reason you would not blame that man
I also stand to tell you that whatever it was would not have esclated if she didn’t mention the ownership of the house.

Both men and women have to learn to be himble in a relationship

I also stand to tell you that the cause.of the argument was deliberate- an attempt by her husband to send his family out and bring another woman in.
He probably has another woman anyway, which may have caused their quarrel in the first place.
It was his grand plan all along which backfired

3 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 6:35am On Jul 15, 2018
It is a win win situation for the woman. The kids will see her as their everything. They will despise their father after all he threw them out.

She can get married again if she chooses to. Better still she can remain single. Life does not start and end with a egoistic Nigerian man.

Oh....she can also sell the house, if it's a very good house and depending on the location too she can pocket up to N50m, rent a property, employ a nanny to babysit the kids while she continues her job.

The man is a sore loser.
CSTR1005:

Alright then.

At least she has a house to sell or lease to take care of her children and then hope some man somewhere finds her interesting enough to come in and play the role of a father for her children and a companion.

By then, the husband would have moved on, rent a new house, find a new woman he trusts to respect him and build a family with him.

Win -win.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply)

A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn / Man DIES ON TOP Of Married Woman / My Wife Is Circumcised And It's Affecting Our Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.