Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

How To Cook A Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook A Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup (1080 Views)

How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) / Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics / How I Made Bitter Leaf Soup (ofe Onugbu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook A Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup by Zeemic(m): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hey guys, today am going to show you how to prepare delicious Nigerian local soup know as bitter leaf soup, it's one of the mouth-watering local soup. Bitter leave soup trace it origin to the eastern part of Nigeria and it is mostly consumed by every Nigerian.
Below are ingredients for this delicious recipe:

1kg of assorted meat (Beef, ox tail, shaki, cow leg, goat meat)
1kg medium smoked fish
1 big Size stock fish
100grams grounded Crayfish
2 Maggi cubes
1 big sized onion .
2 tablespoonfuls dried grounded red hot chilli pepper 10tablespoonful of red palm oil
2 medium sized white cocoyam
Freshly squeezed or dried bitter leaf
Salt.... 1/2 teaspoonfuls
1 tablespoonful of dried curry powder
1/2 teaspoonfuts of dried thyme leaves..
10 cups of water

Steps to prepare delicious bitter leaf soup.

1.Thoroughly wash the asserted meat in clean warm water.
2.Put in a medium sized pot, add about a cup or two of water and two cubes of maggi seasoning or bullion cubes, half onion, sliced, salt to taste, little sprinkle of dried curry powder about 1/2 tablespoonful, dried thyme leaves, and bring to boil for about 20 minutes.
3.Thoroughly wash the stock fish to remove any vestige of sand gain and allow to run under plenty of tap water. The stock fish is best soaked overnight to allow it absorb water and become tender. More here http://www.uchehub.com.ng/2018/07/how-to-cook-delicious-bitter-leaf-soup.html?m=1
Re: How To Cook A Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
10 cups of water? sounds much.love my soup thick! cheesy
Re: How To Cook A Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup by ewa26: 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
sounds like nonsense. Curry kwa

anyway check out mine ok
Re: How To Cook A Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup by ewa26: 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
10 cups of water? sounds much.love my soup thick! cheesy
right ubochi taataa u will learn to make onugbu from me ok, most popular eaten in anambra state does Enugu eat d onubu too pls?
sugar (helps cancel every final bitternes), cinamon, nutmeg, ketchup, bitterleaf, chicken and shaky and ogili ok

Cook d shaki and Orobo chickin in d pressure pot, then finally put cinnamon ogiri and suga and nutmeging into d pot, right, let it boil for more 2 mins ok. Add the unwashed onubu and ketchup and cook till d ketchup forms a yellow paste. Boil egg and put onside the soup then serve with garri or rice
Washing onubu removes nutrient which is bad, so what we do is leave them unwashed and put sugar to cancel the bitterness ok. feel free to ask met queries and I will answer una

(1) (Reply)

My Food Hub / How To Get Rid Of Worms In Raw Vegetables / Meet Hilda Baci, The 27 Years Old Lady That Won Guiness Book Of Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.