Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want (44668 Views)

UNN Lecturer Constructed Wedding Invitation Card Using B.sc Project Format / See Wedding Invitation That Got People Talking / Wedding Invitation Like Movie Poster - Jehova Witness Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
amethystnnty1:

That might be the problem, maybe you can help me out what is your concept of feminism?

Here:
candy:

Feminism is a set of ideologies that seek equality in the opportunities available to both sexes. Feminism is about fighting social structures that restrict and discriminate against women.

Feminism is not saying women should be paid more than men; it is about being judged on the quality of your work and being paid accordingly regardless of sex.
Feminism is not saying men should not head organisations, feminism is saying let him head the organisation because he is the best . Feminism seeks fairness to both sexes, not in anyway anti men, just pro women.
Besides, feminism is not just about women's rights, it seeks equality for all, even
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by lonlytroy(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
No be everybody know wetin feminist be
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Bizibi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
Philpham:
Very childish post. What is 2k. Most Nigerian men these days are broke as.sss and living off sugar mummies to survive. The so called married ones cannot even put food on the table. The only thing the know how to do is cheat.
Nigerian men and their fish brain and ego.
lolzzz,most Nigerian men can't pay 2k.wonderful!!!!
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by dingbang(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

A true feminist will not hesitate to pay. A radical feminist will see no reason why men are listed, feminists are listed and ladies are listed.
because the other ladies who aren't feminists have a religion of their own.. Maybe the world hasnt come up with a name to give to women who aren't feminists.

In my office, I prefer a man being the boss, you know why? Because a man is more stable emotionally than a woman. Its not about her qualifications this time around, its just about gender differences. There are things a man can let go and see as not important but a woman , feminist or not, as long as she is a woman will not even let go.. Her emotions will cloud her sense of judgement.

There is a reason why you are a woman, read your bible and find out instead of fighting the cause for female existence

4 Likes

Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Empiree: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
Blackfire:
What is feminist?
Definition cheesy

They need to pay the 2k

Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by lexy2014: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
MrMystrO:
No need for this.. Enough with the feminist bashing already guys, it's getting to more of mockery than constructive criticism, and that's lame.
but much of feminism is criticism& bashing of d male gender. Is that constructive?
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by amethystnnty1: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

Here:

Besides, feminism is not just about women's rights, it seeks equality for all, even

If feminism is only about the EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY everyone should be a feminist and proudly would refer to myself a feminist.

There is some gains to be made to allow women to do whatever they want to do as long as no one is stopping them.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
dingbang:
because the other ladies who aren't feminists have a religion of their own.. Maybe the world hasnt come up with a name to give to women who aren't feminists.

In my office, I prefer a man being the boss, you know why? Because a man is more stable emotionally than a woman. Its not about her qualifications this time around, its just about gender differences. There are things a man can let go and see as not important but a woman , feminist or not, as long as she is a woman will not even let go.. Her emotions will cloud her sense of judgement.

There is a reason why you are a woman, read your bible and find out instead of fighting the cause for female existence
Hmmm...believe me, I am not much of a feminist and that was why I actually said people don't understand the concept of feminisn in Nigeria. If you go by feminist theories- radical, liberal, cultural and all that, feminism won't really work around here because religion will always be a big factor.

These different types of feminism is what people don't grasp because they have different views. If you call yourself a true feminist, you will frown when women are given soft landing and tested like a weaker vessel(which the bible calls us). I am a gender person, I want equal opportunity for both sexes, even the queer ones I respect their rights to life if they stay on their lanes! I respect the right of children...but I am a Nigerian and a realist- hope you get the drift.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by lexy2014: 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

Here:

is there equality anywhere? Is equality of d sexes possible?
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Babybunny(f): 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
Y'all are making it seem as if 2000 is a big money for a lady to pay.

The reason why parties allow ladies to come in free is not because they think women can't pay their bills but so men will be attracted to the party knowing lots of ladies will be there.

Besides female feminists are also ladies.
We have males that are feminists BTW.

1 Like

Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
amethystnnty1:

If feminism is only about the EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY everyone should be a feminist and proudly would refer to myself a feminist.
We have men who are proud feminists, really.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by lexy2014: 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
Philpham:
Very childish post. What is 2k. Most Nigerian men these days are broke as.sss and living off sugar mummies to survive. The so called married ones cannot even put food on the table. The only thing the know how to do is cheat.
Nigerian men and their fish brain and ego.
so all d married men in Nigeria can't provide 4 their families?
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2018
lexy2014:
is there equality anywhere? Is equality of d sexes possible?
No my brother, I'm a realist and I know it's not possible at least for now. Nature has divided us along biological lines and religion is playing a major role.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by dingbang(m): 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

Hmmm...believe me, I am not much of a feminist and that was why I actually said people don't understand the concept of feminisn in Nigeria. If you go by feminist theories- radical, liberal, cultural and all that, feminism won't really work around here because religion will always be a big factor.

These different types of feminism is what people don't grasp because they have different views. If you call yourself a true feminist, you will frown when women are given soft landing and tested like a weaker vessel(which the bible calls us). I am a gender person, I want equal opportunity for both sexes, even the queer ones I respect their rights to life if they stay on their lanes! I respect the right of children...but I am a Nigerian and a realist- hope you get the drift.

the reason why I like myself is that I put people to test. If you say you are a real feminist and you can't simply assume responsibilities same as men then you should check yourself again. Most ladies who say they are feminists preach it but don't act it. For you to demand equal rights, you have to be an icon for someone else to give you that respect.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by dingbang(m): 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2018
Babybunny:
Y'all are making it seem as if 2000 is a big money for a lady to pay.

The reason why parties allow ladies to come in free is not because they think women can't pay their bills but so men will be attracted to the party knowing lots of ladies will be there.

Besides female feminists are also ladies.
We have males that are feminists BTW.
can you imagine.. Has there ever been a party in Nigeria where a gatefee was imposed on both sexes and both turned up in a reasonable ratio?
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Mankiso(m): 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
delugajackson:
Women need empowerment and not equality.

As a woman, the moment you identify with this societal craze called feminism, that's the moment you lose all your senses.

Trust me, 95 percent of those self-acclaimed feminists will automatically turn to ordinary ladies that day. In fact, they will even be the ones sharing table water to the men.

You contradict yourself. Feminism is about empowerment. Inside the empowerment are many strands of struggle: complementarity, equality, radical individualism, sisterhood support etc.

You misunderstand feminism only when you are truly uninformed and unelightened. There are many aspects of it that are good, even equality struggle has its pros and cons, with both positive sides and otherwise. The aspect that one would complain about is radical feminism. Radical feminist does.not feel she needs a man as husband, she will pay for sex and paybto have a baby, and does not disturb herself with maternal roles. Some of them in the bid to prove themselves keep a man at home and feedsnhim while he performs roles culturally allowed for women.

However, it is insecurity that influences most of our negative perceptions about feminists.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by delishpot: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
HeWrites:
It's almost as though the party organizers are saying to female feminists, "since you people want equality, you get it."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/check-out-this-party-invitation-thats-giving-feminists-the-equality-they-want.html

LOL. Small children party. Them for expand on the thing na.

Point and kill babes aka I will follow you home after the party - Free
SU babes aka Kill joy - #10000
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by amethystnnty1: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

We have men who are proud feminists, really.

Of course as long as;

You Don't give women what they don't earn

You don't expect women to get paid for less work they do compared to men

You don't force company to hire women 50-50
to men just because they are women

You don't expect women tennis players who plays 3 sets and have less than a fifth viewers to men tennis players who plays 5sets to get paid the same

You don't ask for 50-50 CEO of top companies as men and not 50-50 cobblers, road side mechanics, vulcanizers, scavengers, cement unloaders, soak away diggers, drillers, prisoners etc.

You don't ask for 50-50 political post and not 50-50 political assassination victims.

I could go on till rapture.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
dingbang:
the reason why I like myself is that I put people to test. If you say you are a real feminist and you can't simply assume responsibilities same as men then you should check yourself again. Most ladies who say they are feminists preach it but don't act it. For you to demand equal rights, you have to be an icon for someone else to give you that respect.

True feminism can't thrive in Nigeria, Nigeria is a patriarchal society. I'm a Nigerian, I want gender equality but at best I will call myself a rights activist because I understand the concept of feminism. We are just not ready for it and the male chauvinists are using it to their advantage. I pray we get to the level of Iceland or even Rwanda some day.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by dingbang(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

True feminism can't thrive in Nigeria, Nigeria is a patriarchal society. I'm a Nigerian, I want gender equality but at best I will call myself a rights activist because I understand the concept of feminism. We are just not ready for it and the male chauvinists are using it to their advantage. I pray we get to the level of Iceland or even Rwanda some day.
ok this is what you should do, when you get married, teach your kids gender equality... Teach your sons to respect women and teach your daughters to respect themselves

1 Like

Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by amethystnnty1: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

Patriarchy, another word feminist like to throw around like it's something that has any real meaning or advantage to it. The belief in God the father is patriarchal too right? Maybe we should just get God a wife and have the creator share equal responsibility and power with her and everything will be perfect
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by sademola: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
izzou:

Do women pay for their transport fares?
Do women pay for tuition fees?
Do women pay for musical concerts, seminars and the likes??
Do women pay their medical, utility, and other bills?

I could go on and on, you know undecided

Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Malawian(m): 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
Chai, who still remembers "All boys out" grin grin
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2018
amethystnnty1:

Of course as long as;

You Don't give women what they don't earn

You don't expect women to get paid for less work they do compared to men

You don't force company to hire women 50-50
to men just because they are women

You don't expect women tennis players who plays 3 sets and have less than a fifth viewers to men tennis players who plays 5sets to get paid the same

You don't ask for 50-50 CEO of top companies as men and not 50-50 cobblers, road side mechanics, vulcanizers, scavengers, cement unloaders, soak away diggers, drillers, prisoners etc.

You don't ask for 50-50 political post and not 50-50 political assassination victims.

I could go on till rapture.
Asking for it is not really the feminists agenda...it is supposed to come naturally if you have the qualification, not because you ask for it...it's not a pity party.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by cronsberg: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2018
Guys should check out "men are better than women .com" to see the bull shitzz in feminism. All the bridges, cars, planes, trains, roads, buildings, power plants, phones, computers, ships, stadiums, pipelines, power lines, mines, factories, etc are build by men. If men were to vanish from earth today, the world will turn to stone age era overnight as women wouldn't know what to do. But if women were to vanish, men will simply invent artificial wombs and move on with life. I will start taking feminism serious when i see women wearing a hard hat and go into a coal mine, carrying guns and go to the war front, working in quaries and shipyards, working as lumber jacks and deck hands on ships, mining iron and working in steel plants, climbing and repairng 30,000 volt power lines, being window washers of 70 story towers, working as rig hands on an oil rig far off in the atlantic or north sea etc all these are man jobs that females simply can't do. Its just preferential treatment they want, not equality
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by amethystnnty1: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

Asking for it is not really the feminists agenda...it is supposed to come naturally if you have the qualification, not because you ask for it...it's not a pity party.

You mean what we have right now is unnatural ?
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by lexy2014: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

No my brother, I'm a realist and I know it's not possible at least for now. Nature has divided us along biological lines and religion is playing a major role.
u talked about d role of nature&biology. And that's exactly y I asked u d question I asked. Let's leave religion 4 now. If u say equality isn't "possible at least 4 now" based on nature&biology, are u saying it will b possible in future? Are we going 2 tweak with nature 2 attain equality of d sexes?
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
dingbang:
ok this is what you should do, when you get married, teach your kids gender equality... Teach your sons to respect women and teach your daughters to respect themselves
Been there done that bro...As a matter of fact, I teach my children to respect everybody, regardless of sex, class or ideologies. I have a feeling you are a gentleman yourself, even though you may not support the idea of gender equality. You have put your points across without insults and that's quite impressive!
It's all good.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by chosenwan1(m): 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
This comment is interesting because for most "feminist", feminism is just a creed or a social fraternity. Something you can put on an take off at will. More so, understanding that the African loves foreign ideologies and beliefs because they lack confidence in themselves. Feminism is a foreign ideology that would not benefit Africans(as practiced today), the sad part is most African women see it as an opportunity to get back at men. May all of you gain wisdom.
Itzonlyme:
Lolzzzz...� I will enter as a lady then turn to a feminist after the party�
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by amethystnnty1: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
cronsberg:
Guys should check out "men are better than women .com" to see the bull shitzz in feminism. All the bridges, cars, planes, trains, roads, buildings, power plants, phones, computers, ships, stadiums, pipelines, power lines, mines, factories, etc are build by men. If men were to vanish from earth today, the world will turn to stone age era overnight as women wouldn't know what to do. But if women were to vanish, men will simply invent artificial wombs and move on with life. I will start taking feminism serious when i see women wearing a hard hat and go into a coal mine, carrying guns and go to the war front, working in quaries and shipyards, working as lumber jacks and deck hands on ships, mining iron and working in steel plants, climbing and repairng 30,000 volt power lines, being window washers of 70 story towers, working as rig hands on an oil rig far off in the atlantic or north sea etc all these are man jobs that females simply can't do. Its just preferential treatment they want, not equality

I would say what they've always had is preferential treatment and they want more and more like a nagging wife. I only pity them when pushing too much get them what real equality is then they will know
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by dingbang(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
candy:

Been there done that bro...As a matter of fact, I teach my children to respect everybody, regardless of sex, class or ideologies. I have a feeling you are a gentleman yourself, even though you may not support the idea of gender equality. You have put your points across without insults and that's quite impressive!
It's all good.
I support gender equality... But I don't support people abusing privileges.
Re: Party Invitation That Is Giving Feminists The Equality They Want by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
lexy2014:
u talked about d role of nature&biology. And that's exactly y I asked u d question I asked. Let's leave religion 4 now. If u say equality isn't "possible at least 4 now" based on nature&biology, are u saying it will b possible in future? Are we going 2 tweak with nature 2 attain equality of d sexes?
There will always be battle of the sexes but a time will come when a girl child can choose not to stay in the kitchen with the mum to learn cooking, and still get married to the man of her dreams and live happily ever after tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Newlywed Couple Climb On Guests At Their Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Obituary Of Father, Son & Daughter, To Be Buried Same Day In Abia (Photo) / Ghanaian Man Celebrates His Birthday With Nude Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.