Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

The Problem I Have With 'morning Cry' Preachers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem I Have With 'morning Cry' Preachers (1273 Views)

When Witches Begin To Do Morning Cry / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Problem I Have With 'morning Cry' Preachers by Dan1cole(m): 11:21am On Jul 15, 2018
"Pass me not O gentle Savior, hear my humble cry, why on other thou art calling, do not pass me by"--sings one 'morning cry' preacher before proceeding with the word of God, at around 5:30am in the morning; disturbing the serenity of the early morning hours of the environment.

Morning cry preachers are the order of the day in just about every Nigerian neighborhood.
Very early in the morning hours they come out with their portable speakers and microphones to preach diverse kinds of messages. Some preach salvation, while some preach condemnation and the likes.

Thank God for these people who sacrifice resources to do such. Nevertheless, for certain reasons (stated below), I'm not a fan of their venture because...

1. It's Not Profitable

As far as I'm concerned, 'morning cry' preachers bring no profit to the kingdom of God whatsoever.
'There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.' - Luke 15:10
The joy of heaven is to see lost souls saved and restored back into the kingdom, and any kingdom related venture that doesn't facilitate that is an unprofitable one as far as heaven is concerned.

Regardless the fantastic and tantalizing nature of the message preached, if it doesn't bring souls to Christ, it's an unprofitable venture.

2. It's Lacks Accountability

Having talked about the venture not being profitable, I know some persons may argue otherwise implying the sense that someone somewhere may hear the word preached and get saved--which I will not disagree with.

But if that be the case, then how does the preacher know something like that has happened? How does he/she account for any soul won? And if they cannot be accounted for, how can they be preserved and established in the kingdom?

Any soul you cannot account for will not be accounted to you. And soul winning is not complete until the soul is fully established in the faith.

So, the lack of accountability and profitability are the problems I have with this 'morning cry' thing. Hence, I feel these preachers are berely wasting their time, and also their resources.

Re: The Problem I Have With 'morning Cry' Preachers by eezeribe(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2018
Morning cry preachers are nuisances and noise pollutants...
They only exist in primitive "societies" like Nigeria,they can't ply their trades in civilised worlds..
When I was in school, there was this guy that will come very close to my Lodge every morning by 4:am to preach his heresy, and my room was very close to the entrance gate...
I confronted him one early morning, and he called me an 'antichrist'.. I said no problem, but I warned him to move further away, towards the main road. I told him that if he should come back there the next day I will shoot him.. Then I went back to my room.
The next morning, at exactly 4:am again, I was awoken by his megaphone ;this time around, I couldn't bear it, I loaded my short pistol with two bullets, went outside and opened the gate and confronted him again, he told me "get behind me Satan", at that point I told him I would shoot if he doesn't move away, I engaged my gun, but he said "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"...
At that point I got infuriated beyond measure and I fired a shot, yes I shot him in his right leg and hurriedly went back to my room, and that was the end of morning cry in front of my Lodge...

(1) (Reply)

There Are No Fake Pastors Anywhere! / 5 Popular Nigerian Pastors Without University Education. / Most Immoral Verse In The Quran?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.