Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back (850 Views)

How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility / Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back by Coreydey01(m): 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
I know It is not easy in this part of the world to survive solely on your own especially when it comes to monetary issues, sometimes we need little help by lending money from family, friends or neighbors (usurers excluded) in meeting certain needs or achieving a goal.

What you should know is that, someone who lend you money is not your enemy, he/she is someone who want you to succeed and believe in you or at least wants to give you a chance to be trusted, but you chose to see them as your enemy when they started asking incessantly for their money after you refused paying at the time you promised to repay.

There is no excuse for not paying your debt, although sometimes circumstances may occur in which you may be unable to pay at the date you agreed to pay back, when these situations emanates and your lender calls you, never ignore their call, answer it politely and explain to them the reason for your delinquency, try not to avoid your lender if you truly want to honor your debt, call/message them at least once in a week, reminding them of your intent to pay as soon as you're out of the woods, yes, they may be mad perhaps rants at you whenever you call (put yourself in their shoes, you'd do the same or do more), you can stop calling but never stop sending them messages to keep reassuring them that you'd pay as soon as possible, we are humans and I'm sure the person would be considerate, he/she might not pardon you of the debt but might tell you to pay at your own convenient time.

While calling or texting, that shouldn't stop you in making plans on how to pay back ur debt, face the fair of not being able to meet the payment, no matter how huge or meager the amount you lent may be put it in your mind that you must pay back and make plans accordingly, inform your lenders how you plan to pay them back, you may not be able to pay at once due to your income but try as much to break your payments down and explain to them how you intend to pay back. Yes, some may express their anger at you because of the way you chose to pay back, because that wasn't the way they provided you the money, but I bet they would be relieved that they are getting their money back even though it's in bits.

Please folks, honor your debt, your money lender is not your enemy but your friend and someone who wants to see you succeed, take steps to repay your debt today, reach out to your lenders and I pray God help you.

I recommend you read this book "THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON" I believe you'd find it helpful.

Gracias

2 Likes

Re: A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back by luckygirl02(f): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
I need some of my customers to come read these. I don't know how people sleep peacefully when they owe someone and refused to pay. Some are just to greedy and money conscious that they won't remove 200naira frm 500naira they have, to settle their debts.

1 Like

Re: A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back by crackhaus: 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
luckygirl02:
I need some of my customers to come read these. I don't know how people sleep peacefully when they owe someone and refused to pay. Some are just to greedy and money conscious that they won't remove 200naira frm 500naira they have, to settle their debts.
Just make sure they pay you before seven years elapses because if you keep dragging them, you're a sinner.

Deuteronomy 15:1
At the end of every seven years, you must cancel the debts of everyone who owes you money.

Unless you're not a Christian. grin
Re: A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back by stubbornman(m): 6:34am On Jul 17, 2018
crackhaus:

Just make sure they pay you before seven years elapses because if you keep dragging them, you're a sinner.

Deuteronomy 15:1
At the end of every seven years, you must cancel the debts of everyone who owes you money.

Unless you're not a Christian. grin

By the sixth year you go don enter jail..... I go forgive you from there !!
Re: A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back by davidflipcy5856(m): 7:28am On Jul 17, 2018
I just love the article. There is nothing wrong in lending money to people (friends or relatives). But bad people won't make me make this kind of mistake anymore in my life. I lent someone 25k since last year October and She is yet to pay back .She has been giving one excuse to the other. She will pick a date to pay and fail. This has been going on since last year. I have vowed not to lend anybody money again no matter how little the money is. I also learnt that NEVER LEND MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU CANNOT EASILY LET GO. If you need to lend someone money at all let it be an amount you can give out and not bothered to ask back incase the person doesn't pay back.
Re: A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back by crackhaus: 9:24am On Jul 17, 2018
stubbornman:

By the sixth year you go don enter jail..... I go forgive you from there !!
cheesycheesy
Re: A Piece For Those Who Are In Debt And Refuse Or Unable To Pay Back by crackhaus: 9:31am On Jul 17, 2018
davidflipcy5856:
I just love the article. There is nothing wrong in lending money to people (friends or relatives). But bad people won't make me make this kind of mistake anymore in my life. I lent someone 25k since last year October and She is yet to pay back .She has been giving one excuse to the other. She will pick a date to pay and fail. This has been going on since last year. I have vowed not to lend anybody money again no matter how little the money is. I also learnt that NEVER LEND MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU CANNOT EASILY LET GO. If you need to lend someone money at all let it be an amount you can give out and not bothered to ask back incase the person doesn't pay back.
That's the way it was always supposed to be.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Mothers Refuse/fear To Breastfeed?—THEHEALTHYMAIL / Single Parent / 5 Thoughtful Birthday Gift Ideas For Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.