Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,955 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You (13675 Views)

13 Overhyped Video Games That Failed Miserably After They Got Released / 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
cao:

Tsk, tsk, tsk, game way I don plat since. You're still in chapter 4. Just use a walkthrough on YouTube.

I have used it for two missions, now I'm so lost that I don't know what to do.. I keep circling that water fall always! To think I bought it for $75 and it's just gonna waste like this? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
Dongreat:

Naughty Dog can’t fail. They do their homework thoroughly and don’t s*it around. The game has been in production for long and there are rumours that it may not be released until 2020 when the ps5 is due.

Ps5 kwa? Them wan kee us? Wetin that one go get? Na us go dey fight inside tv?
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by cao(f): 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
Arondizuogu:

I have used it for two missions, now I'm so lost that I don't know what to do.. I keep circling that water fall always! To think I bought it for $75 and it's just gonna waste like this? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
$75, see how they used you to play football that's more than the RRP. If I remember correctly, bearing in mind I played this on release for about a week, you're supposed to use the first building, the big ass tower, after you defeat the bad guys, you climb to the top and open the windows, it shows you the places for you to go. Solve their puzzles to find the place you need to be.
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
cao:

$75, see how they used you to play football that's more than the RRP. If I remember correctly, bearing in mind I played this on release for about a week, you're supposed to use the first building, the big ass tower, after you defeat the bad guys, you climb to the top and open the windows, it shows you the places for you to go. Solve their puzzles to find the place you need to be.

Yeah I have completed like 2 towers, the third one is a misery. I'm thinking of starting the whole game anew because I'm tired of Fifa and NFL.
PS: oh wow so I have been dupes by these sellers? Reasons I don't buy stuff online.. should have bought a thief's end I wanted to buy..
I like females who play games.... infact I'm following up now lol
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by cao(f): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Yeah I have completed like 2 towers, the third one is a misery. I'm thinking of starting the whole game anew because I'm tired of Fifa and NFL.
PS: oh wow so I have been dupes by these sellers? Reasons I don't buy stuff online.. should have bought a thief's end I wanted to buy..
I like females who play games.... infact I'm following up now lol
The game was not even full $60 sef, since it's basically a standalone DLC for UC4, I preordered it for £23, but I had some Amazon credit, so paid like £12. It's currently £22 on Amazon, but can be found cheaper elsewhere. You could have used US Amazon, I know they ship to Nigeria. Just use a walk through from YouTube, dey plenty*. Wait, I hope you're not actively trying to climb the waterfall because that won't work...
*just type, chapter 4 uncharted lost legacy
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
cao:

The game was not even full $60 sef, since it's basically a standalone DLC for UC4, I preordered it for £23, but I had some Amazon credit, so paid like £12. It's currently £22 on Amazon, but can be found cheaper elsewhere. You could have used US Amazon, I know they ship to Nigeria. Just use a walk through from YouTube, dey plenty*. Wait, I hope you're not actively trying to climb the waterfall because that won't work...

Thanks for the instructions. Will try tonight!!

I bought it on playstation Network. Downloaded for about 8 hours et el. Anyways I know better now.. thanks again..
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
Mckandre:
where's grandtheft VI? any news? undecided

stay tuned bruh, I'll write a post on this soon
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
Okay guys chill, go back and read my post there was a reason I said "Please note I'm not saying they will definitely dissapoint What I'm saying is tread carefully, because it'll be a miracle if this lot actually live up to expectations."

It's still a speculation not yet a real fact, there was obviously no way I could know for sure if game is going to be a failure or success since am not a psychic. 

I actually said all these based and laid down facts but before I jump to give you my facts you should watch the video game trailer first since I'm going to base all I'm going to be saying on the trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btmN-bWwv0A&itct=CBgQpDAYASITCMPCuZvXpNwCFaQKfwod73MGUlIUbGFzdCBvZiBpcyAyIHRyYWlsZXI%3D&oref=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2Fsignin%2Fv1%2Flookup&has_verified=1&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en

So I assumed you've watched that already.

So let's me broaden the analysis on my opinion.

The first reason I think the game may disappoint is that from the trailer we could see that Naightydogs introduces entirely new characters with no setup or connection whatsoever.

As I once stated in a post in a WhatsApp group, what drives The Last of Us and makes it such an exemplary game isn’t the gameplay (it’s solid, but not groundbreaking) and it’s not the story (you can describe the whole plot pretty simply, it’s also not groundbreaking). 

What makes it so good is the characters and their interactions with each other. Ultimately, you care about them. Possibly more than you’ve ever cared about a set of characters in a video game before. And the new trailer lacks that element entirely by adding new characters without any reference or sighting of the old ones that we loved. Even seeing Tommy would have been more impactful than this brand new cast like seriously.

Another reaaon for my opinion was that there was no direction (I'm still judging from the trailer of course). It was hard to find purpose or meaning in the madness. Teaser trailers often obfuscate and confuse on purpose, and that’s fine.

But in doing so they typically give you enough to speculate with and prod you into wanting to know more. Is Joel still alive? Why did Ellie kill all those people in the house? What is it she plans to do? The first trailer got me excited while at the same time making me want to know more and speculate. This most recent one lacked any context whatsoever, to the point the only thing we can speculate is whether or not the woman shown is Ellie’s mother. And that’s a theory that lacks enough evidence to be taken as more than just a guess.

Finally, there’s nothing that made the trailer stand out. Yes, the visuals are absolutely beautiful (always a guarantee with Naughty Dog), but otherwise nothing makes it . . . special. Maybe the violence is more brutal and abundant than in most game trailers, and some people have called out the trailer for its violence. But I think those people are missing the point.

What makes the trailer disappointing isn’t the abundance of violence. That’s something we’re used to in The Last of Us . It’s part and parcel of the survival world. What makes the trailer disappointing is that there’s nothing special about it. You don’t even realize it’s a Last of Us game until the very end when the clickers show up, and I think that fact highlights the biggest problem.

In the end, there’s nothing to make me like this trailer. There’s nothing to make me want to see more or find out more about the characters. Nothing beyond base curiosity born out of a hope that these new characters don’t take the franchise into a direction that steals from the core story of Joel and Ellie. 

I don’t think this trailer means that the game is going to be bad, and it hasn’t decreased my excitement for the game. It just hasn’t increased it, and I honestly expected more. 

Bear in mind this is just my opinion, but I’m trying to put words to a feeling that I’ve had about the trailer since watching it. And I’m sure many of you if you watch the trailer with an open mind not minding it's past glories will feel the same way knowing the game might just disapoint might.

So I'm done. I really hoped you were able to read this long epistle I wrote.

Please before you quote me make sure you read what I wrote properly.

Cc: Cao Dongreat overlord77 khalhokage cao badmrkt Cuteamigo1
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 22, 2018
cao:

Hey!! Guess what? I'm done with the game... the ending wasn't what I expected but it was good all the same!!
Hustled that chapter 4 like a thief ehh, played it for 3 hours straight and over powered it lol.
Started Call of Duty WWII today.. will see how it goes!!!
Thanks
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 22, 2018
Last of us 2 should not be on this list, the original was so mad that am yet to play a game like that
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by cao(f): 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Hey!! Guess what? I'm done with the game... the ending wasn't what I expected but it was good all the same!!
Hustled that chapter 4 like a thief ehh, played it for 3 hours straight and over powered it lol.
Started Call of Duty WWII today.. will see how it goes!!!
Thanks
Congrats. I think chapter 7 is still king with the gut punch when you realise what Chloe's father actually gave up for his family, only for it to end the way that it did for him. Nadine has got to be one of the best AI buddies out there.
Re: 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You by LucemFerre: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2018
BlOps 4 has already messed up for reportedly not including an offline campaign. Despite all the hate it received through the years, I've stood by it all along but, this stunt. I will never forgive and I've withdrawn my fan membership. Not that anybody gives a fvck but, yeah.

I wonder which network naija people dey use play game effectively sef. My mtn Dey cut connection for a game as small as 8ball pool. How could it survive video games?

TLOU 2... Tsk I'm seriously homophobic to that extent of not playing that game. I thought about buying ps4 because of the game. Ignoring the kiss from the first one and thought Ellie was just a confused kid who was hornie with no non-zombie boys around. But with this... I ain't even buying ps4.
I thought Detroit would be good, and it apparently is, but the cut scene fight Sims are terrible for a game of that magnitude. I'd play it if I can though

Days gone never looked good to me TBH.

Anthem... Meh
AC... Meh
BGAE... Meh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sony To Launch Playstation 4 With New Gaming Console / Best 100 PPSSPP - PSP Games To Download / Broom Of Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.