Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures (3172 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by radautoworks: 3:09am On Jul 31, 2018
lillyontop:
The silver driver is at fault, firstly you can see the maroon car on blinkers to the left and secondly look at the point of contact maroon car was already at is front Accord to the road traffic rules are regulations any hit from the rear back is the fault from the hind drive conclusion silver is at fault

Exactly. The law is the law
Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by radautoworks: 3:13am On Jul 31, 2018
sleekpro:
The rules of driving says "give way to the #traffic. from your #left.

The #moroonguy. (B) is at fault.

Give way to any vehicle approaching from your right including an oncoming vehicle that has turned right at the intersection. Only at roundabouts do you give way to the left.
Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by 9icetoo(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2018
radautoworks:

Give way to any vehicle approaching from your right including an oncoming vehicle that has turned right at the intersection. Only at roundabouts do you give way to the left.
Nope. When on the left, you are assumed to be on the speed lane. Any vehicle coming from your right must give a safe distance before merging with you and has to be at a higher speed.
Imagine if that silver SUV was a bicycle, so the maroon car should violate the cyclists space and impale him because he can turn left at any time he likes?
The maroon guy violated the space of the silver car. If you cannot make a lane change without violating the space of other vehicles, then it is unsafe.
This is just like some pH people who execute left turns statrting out from the middle lane and expect the cars on their left to disappear.
Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by kayola11(m): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2018
The marron car
Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by radautoworks: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
9icetoo:

Nope. When on the left, you are assumed to be on the speed lane. Any vehicle coming from your right must give a safe distance before merging with you and has to be at a higher speed.
Imagine if that silver SUV was a bicycle, so the maroon car should violate the cyclists space and impale him because he can turn left at any time he likes?
The maroon guy violated the space of the silver car. If you cannot make a lane change without violating the space of other vehicles, then it is unsafe.
This is just like some pH people who execute left turns statrting out from the middle lane and expect the cars on their left to disappear.

I pulled that from the highway code. I guess they're wrong then...
Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by 9icetoo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2018
radautoworks:

I pulled that from the highway code. I guess they're wrong then...
Never seen that before but will check it out.

1 Like

Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by 9icetoo(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
At intersections without traffic lights, signs or road lines: you must give way to any vehicle entering or approaching the intersection from your right. if you are turning right, you must give way to oncoming vehicles going straight through the intersection or turning left (except if they are using a slip lane).

The above is from the highway code (USA). It specifically talks about yielding at intersections.
The Nigerian highway code forbids overtaking when getting to junctions.
It also mandates motorists to makes sure they are clearly of the vehicle they want to overtake before changing lanes.
See link.
http://www.highwaycode.com.ng/viii-overtaking-rules.html
Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by radautoworks: 2:38am On Aug 07, 2018
9icetoo:
At intersections without traffic lights, signs or road lines: you must give way to any vehicle entering or approaching the intersection from your right. if you are turning right, you must give way to oncoming vehicles going straight through the intersection or turning left (except if they are using a slip lane).

The above is from the highway code (USA). It specifically talks about yielding at intersections.
The Nigerian highway code forbids overtaking when getting to junctions.
It also mandates motorists to makes sure they are clearly of the vehicle they want to overtake before changing lanes.
See link.
http://www.highwaycode.com.ng/viii-overtaking-rules.html

Yes and yes. All highway codes so to be clear before overtaking but you never yield to the left correct? Also, see from your link on what it says about being overtaken which I suspect it's what happened in this case.

Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by radautoworks: 2:51am On Aug 07, 2018
lillyontop:
The silver driver is at fault, firstly you can see the maroon car on blinkers to the left and secondly look at the point of contact maroon car was already at is front Accord to the road traffic rules are regulations any hit from the rear back is the fault from the hind drive conclusion silver is at fault

You are right. One, rear is at fault and two, you are supposed to yield to being overtaken even by Nigerian highway code rules. Part of defensive driving.
Re: For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures by lillyontop(m): 11:37am On Aug 07, 2018
Compliant:

you sure you went to licensed driving school?

kindly go and read your road traffic rules and regulations very well because it is the Maroon vehicle Driver that is at fault bro

We are assuming what happened in the picture and I bet you something like these has happened to me before have you all seat down to think about these nobody want to damage his or car and again from the picture I am not seeing a learner there.......let's call a spade a spade the silver suv is at fault coat me wrong take the picture down to frsc and they will tell you I said so........ The silver suv never wanted the maroon car over taking him not that he didn't see is blinks on it takes not to just allow the guy or lady in but due to impatient he crashed that maroon car from behind not front, so those of you that think it's the maroon fault go, read and study road traffic rules and regulations before you get into one hell of a mess

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mechanic Colonized My Benz. / Honda Accord Going For 800k. Few Months Used / Lamborghini Aventador £300,000 Car In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.