Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

My First Time Taxify Adventure: All That Happened. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Time Taxify Adventure: All That Happened. (486 Views)

Lady Busts Taxify Driver Who Tricks Passengers Into Paying More / Taxify Driver's 8 Rules For Ladies Before Entering His Car (Photo) / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My First Time Taxify Adventure: All That Happened. by supernova094(m): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
When I told Ezekiel, my team Lead that prior to now, I’d never ever used a Taxify or Uber to shuttle around Lagos, he probably thought I was faffing.

“Shame on you, Richard, shame on you”, I hear them say in my head �.

A Tech startup founder that has never ventured the preferred tech solution to comfortable mobility for Nigerian millennials.

Well all that changed yesterday and I owe it in part to the heavy rain that fell.

The rain was a bastard that Friday (as usual) and it halted my almost regular late night waka home to Ipaja from office at around 8pm.

Oh yes! Let’s not also forget the generous donation of Ezekiel who was kind enough to dash me his promo bonus (but if memory serves me right, it was my own first time rider bonus of N2,500 that deserved the accolades).

Either way, Mr.Eziekiel put me up to it, so he gets some too.

Back to the story, so instead of flying a Danfo as usual, I ordered a ride to Maryland Mall (apparently, anywhere nearer my route was going to cost me at least 1k extra, and being my first time using Taxify, I was determined to spend not a dime of mine �.)

It was a white Toyota Corolla driven by one Mr. Ogunleye. For a second there I almost contemplated whether it would seem rude to sit at the “Oga’s” seat but WTF was I thinking? I owned this sh*t right now!

As far as I was concerned, I owned this dude’s car as far as I had money running for my ride.

Also read another of my escapades:
See What My Infinix Hot 4 Lite Looks Like After Falling Out Of A Speeding Bus (photos).

Just sitting there in the back and being driven, a/c refreshing me as I listened to the driver rant away about his sexcapades with a female rider he once picked up (and also wondering why he was divulging such details to me) made me resound to myself:

“My gosh, Richard! Money must find me! I must find money! This is the life! Today Na me be Oga!” ���
Continue reading the adventure.
Re: My First Time Taxify Adventure: All That Happened. by THEPOTTER(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
When I told Ezekiel, my team Lead that prior to now, I’d never ever used a Taxify or Uber to shuttle around Lagos, he probably thought I was faffing.
“Shame on you, Richard, shame on you”, I hear them say in my head .
A Tech startup founder that has never ventured the preferred tech solution to comfortable mobility for Nigerian millennials.
Well all that changed yesterday and I owe it in part to the heavy rain that fell.
The rain was a bastard that Friday (as usual) and it halted my almost regular late night waka home to Ipaja from office at around 8pm.
Oh yes! Let’s not also forget the generous donation of Ezekiel who was kind enough to dash me his promo bonus (but if memory serves me right, it was my own first time rider bonus of N2,500 that deserved the accolades).
Either way, Mr.Eziekiel put me up to it, so he gets some too.
Back to the story, so instead of flying a Danfo as usual, I ordered a ride to Maryland Mall (apparently, anywhere nearer my route was going to cost me at least 1k extra, and being my first time using Taxify, I was determined to spend not a dime of mine
.)
It was a white Toyota Corolla driven by one Mr. Ogunleye. For a second there I almost contemplated whether it would seem rude to sit at the “Oga’s” seat but WTF was I thinking? I owned this sh*t right now!
As far as I was concerned, I owned this dude’s car as far as I had money running for my ride.
Read another of my escapades:
See What My Infinix Hot 4 Lite Looks Like After Falling Out Of A Speeding Bus (photos).
Just sitting there in the back and being driven, a/c refreshing me as I listened to the driver rant away about his sexcapades with a female rider he once picked up (and also wondering why he was divulging such details to me) made me resound to myself:
“My gosh, Richard! Money must find me! I must find money! This is the life! Today Na me be Oga!”
One useless man in a black Toyota sped past our (sorry, my) car and maneovered inbetween a couple more vehicles feeling like some Formula One driver, interrupting my thoughts.
Final notes
All in all, the driver was great. Chatty (maybe a little too revealing but cool either way).
He had even asked for my favorite radio channel when we started out (awww
).
I didn’t hesitate when he asked me to give him a good rating and a whooping 5 star I gave him.
Point is, the experience was sooo good I had to do a
Google Search for how much these guys earned from Taxify. I really pity for regular cab drivers
A bunch of my colleagues take a Taxify cab home as a habit or rule of thumb and now I see why.
But not me though. I may have been converted quite alright but right now I can’t afford to fund such luxuries.
I had a great idea of when best to book these kind of trips though, who can guess?
Whenever I take a girl on a date

(1) (Reply)

The Strangest Secret In The World / Coaster Bus Hit A Car Carrying Children To School (pics) / No Approval Mail After Six Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.