Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK (13862 Views)

Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Nigeria Air: New National Carrier To Take Off First Quarter 2022 – Hadi Sirika / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by 9jaArea: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
We have delivered Abuja-Kaduna Standard Rail.
We have delivered Abuja Light Rail
We are delivering Lagos-Ibadan Standard Rail
We are delivering 2nd Niger Bridge
We have delivered many roads accross the country.

PDP in 16 years couldn't even deliver anything. Not even their head office for which they raised billions!

Now this is funny, a party that loots everything including money from her own purse.

NEVER AGAIN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by Cupidkc(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2018
Printerscanner:
Obasanjo and his fellow PDP hawks killed and buried our National Pride, the Nigerian Airways and sold it to their homosexual friend Jimoh Ibrahim (FFK told us he is homosexual). Now, Baba is rebuilding a new National Carrier, shame to PDP and their gang of thieves.

You have spoken well, most times I just don't blame the party but the faces behind the party.
If OBJ and co didn't liquidate our national carrier, we wouldn't be have today.
Well, thank God it's coming back to life.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by bigpicture001: 9:00am On Jul 17, 2018
els0nm0rali:
Only, if only Buhari's government can fight both the herdsmen menace and past corrupt public officials with gusto, I would have deemed this old baba the best President Nigeria has ever had.

But I'm sorry, I can't wrap my head around the deaths caused by the herdsmen and the complacent attitude of the FG.

Neither can I forgive the fact that corrupt public officials are walking tall in this nation and nobody is doing anything.

Good move with the national airline stuff. But we are sending you back to Daura unless you do something about those two issues.
..plz sir,woth all due respect explain to me how this is a good move..?
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by arsenal33: 9:07am On Jul 17, 2018
erico2k2:

What is the National carrier going to add to our values?
silly question.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by els0nm0rali(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2018
bigpicture001:

Oh you mean taking steps to having our own national carrier isn't good?

Nigeria is perhaps one of the very few African countries without a national airline.

At the very least it will provide jobs for Nigerians and create a source of revenue for the nation.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by modath(f): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:
PMB is delivering a modern Nigeria in our very own eyes!

Hate him or love him, his infrastructural achievements accross the length and breadth of the nation cannot be denied. They's too visible even for the blind not to see.

Kudos!

That some mad people don't want this to happen cos of their deep hatred for Buhari is just alarming.....

We are still buying & selling Crypto, Ecurrency & gift cards ooo...

1 Like

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by erico2k2(m): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2018
arsenal33:

silly question.
silly answer as usual wen there is nothing reasonable to say!
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by erico2k2(m): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2018
bigpicture001:
this was what I asked n some dumb person said it was silly.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by mapet: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:

adisabarber: :
They will still ruin the airline with complimentary tickets like they did to Nigeria airways.
Not this government.

The licence they have says they must not have managerial and control interference in the management of the Airline. Otherwise, the licence becomes void.

We are a serious government unlike those before us. grin grin grin

Typical of people like Adisa to pass stereotypical comments, yet bereft of the knowledge of the details of this current deal
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by mapet: 9:57am On Jul 17, 2018
Firefire:

PassingShot: :

Not this government.

The licence they have says they must not have managerial and control interference in the management of the Airline. Otherwise, the licence becomes void.

We are a serious government unlike those before us. grin grin grin

What about the promise to convert the presidential jets to national airline, whose permission do they need to effect that immediately?

Unfortunately in your ignorance, you are just mis-yarning. So to you, a simple conversion of presidential jet is all that is needed to have start a national airline? SMHFU
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by mapet: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Firefire: :

Buhary should start one meaningful project of his own and complete same. Stop claiming others Glory is plagiarism.
Please please don't be silly. Government is all about continuity.

Do you even know what the word "plagiarism" means?

Smh.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

aside from the question, I wonder what his age and level intellect is @?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by mapet: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2018
Firefire:

The failed government policy led to the recession.

What Polic(y)ies exactly? Can you state them and articulate how they led us to recession? Can you tell what could have been done differently?
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by DSDLIVEREPORT: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2018
The success of this will contribute greatly to nation's branding which is a strong factor in application of diplomacy in foreign affairs
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by DSDLIVEREPORT: 10:21am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:
PMB is delivering a modern Nigeria in our very own eyes!

Hate him or love him, his infrastructural achievements accross the length and breadth of the nation cannot be denied. They's too visible even for the blind not to see.

Kudos!
But he should deal with this senseless killing all over and stop selective justice on corruption .Any other thing if him wan rule till 2099 I no go worry.He may soon lose the integrity battle.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by bigpicture001: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Nigeria is perhaps one of the very few African countries without a national airline.

At the very least it will provide jobs for Nigerians and create a source of revenue for the nation.
..du u know what existedb4 now created jobs also and bigger net revenue than is being envisaged..? Nigeria don't need it. it's a waste of national resources.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by grandstar(m): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2018
White elephant uploading !

1 Like

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by arsenal33: 10:34am On Jul 17, 2018
erico2k2:

silly answer as usual wen there is nothing reasonable to say!
because it was an reasonable question.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by grandstar(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2018
Ijaya123:
The earlier the national carrier takes off the better. Any serious country in the world must have its own airline. The benefits are enormous.

Who told you this? Many European flag bearers are in dire state. Many survive on subsidies. The only reason that they haven't closed several down is due to weak political will and powerful unions.

Even almighty America has no national airline.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by Sirjamo: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
We have delivered Abuja-Kaduna Standard Rail.
We have delivered Abuja Light Rail
We are delivering Lagos-Ibadan Standard Rail
We are delivering 2nd Niger Bridge
We have delivered many roads accross the country.

PDP in 16 years couldn't even deliver anything. Not even their head office for which they raised billions!
They delivered Boko Haram and cheap expired Thailand rice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2018
arsenal33:

because it was an reasonable question.
well why cant Yu explain how it was going to benefit you and me then if its that easy
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by erico2k2(m): 10:58am On Jul 17, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:
The success of this will contribute greatly to nation's branding which is a strong factor in application of diplomacy in foreign affairs
haha funny cos the Uk and the US has nothing like national carrier!
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2018
erico2k2:

haha funny cos the Uk and the US has nothing like national carrier!

No.argument bro read and digest more. Underlying word here is nation branding.
My first trip to England was in August 1985. Yes 1985.And I flew an airline called British Caledonian .Years after that airline metamorphosed into British Airways. Much later as the UK was divesting from most National entities like British TeleCommunications BT,majority shares were sold with the retention of the brand British. British Airways remains British Airways ,BT remains BT. The effect of this is that it contributes to public diplomacy policy of.a nation. The perception of other countries' national about.your nation becomes more positive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by sagio09: 11:29am On Jul 17, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Welcome development. I also ask that Baba focus heavily on health infrastructure. This is of utmost importance.
Oga na one by one we dey go... We dey do security, roads, train rails, naw flight... Den we'll move to education, health nd the rest. Without the former, the latter can't be achieved.

1 Like

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by erico2k2(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

No.argument bro read and digest more. Underlying word here is nation branding.
My first trip to England was in August 1985. Yes 1985.And I flew an airline called British Caledonian .Years after that airline metamorphosed into British Airways. Much later as the UK was divesting from most National entities like British TeleCommunications BT,majority shares were sold with the retention of the brand British. British Airways remains British Airways ,BT remains BT. The effect of this is that it contributes to public diplomacy policy of.a nation. The perception of other countries' national about.your nation becomes more positive
You are missing the point, the British Government does not own it, the investment is owned by BAA
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2018
erico2k2:

You are missing the point, the British Government does not own it, the investment is owned by BAA
The word.divest took care of that.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by Ijaya123: 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2018
grandstar:

Who told you this? Many European flag bearers are in dire state. Many survive on subsidies. The only reason that they haven't closed several down is due to weak political will and powerful unions.

Even almighty America has no national airline.

If you consider the number of flights that come in and out of Nigeria everyday and we have a national carrier that can compete on some of those popular routes and get a chunk of it, I believe the aviation sector will be better off.
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by els0nm0rali(m): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
bigpicture001:
..du u know what existedb4 now created jobs also and bigger net revenue than is being envisaged..? Nigeria don't need it. it's a waste of national resources.

What national resources are you talking about?
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by grandstar(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ijaya123:

If you consider the number of flights that come in and out of Nigeria everyday and we have a national carrier that can compete on some of those popular routes and get a chunk of it, I believe the aviation sector will be better off.

That is what others said until they collapsed.

Where's Virgin Nigeria today? Where's Arik? Airline is not a sentimental business!

1 Like

Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by mapet: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
els0nm0rali:

bigpicture001: :

let me help you sir........

so @bigpicture001,

1. Nigeria signed a BASA agreement with other countries (US, UK, South Africa, Ethiopia etc) that allows them to direct flight to our country and back.....same for us. While these countries sufficiently utilizes their quota, we hardly. Is it not good if govt backed-private partnership National carrier come to take up the quota that the likes of Arik et al have failed to do?

2. We run a sub-par local air travels. Is it not good if govt backed-private partnership National carrier come into the local scene and boost the business in that regard?

3. Consider the "robbery-rates" these foreign airlines charges us, especially in summer simply because there is no alternative........

4. Consider what this national carrier will do to us on the soft side - our Image, our pride, our reach, the ability to further develop our aviation industries, Air connectivity to states etc
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by mapet: 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
arsenal33:

erico2k2: :

What is the National carrier going to add to our values?
silly question.

d.a.f.t... question
Re: National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
We’re Nigeria, they should come and meet you in Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEMA Receives Nigerians Repatriated From Libya ( Photos ) / Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston / Peace Mass Transit Boss, Onyishi Honoured With NANS' Highest Medal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.