Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 (13590 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Anambra International Airport: Innoson Begins Production Of Jet-Steps / The State Of Kano Airport As Dangote's Daughter Gets Married In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Paraman: 10:24pm On Apr 26
Travellers in Nigeria may soon benefit from lower airfares following the drop in the price of Jet A1, the fuel used by airlines.

As reported by the PUNCH, the Dangote Petroleum Refinery announced on Tuesday a further price cut for diesel and aviation fuel, with the new rates set at N940 and N980 per litre, respectively.

This reduction has sparked hopes among airline representatives, travel agency leaders, and frequent travellers for a potential decrease in airfares.

The President of the Association of Foreign Airlines and Representative in Nigeria, Kingsley Nwokoma, highlighted the importance of aviation fuel in determining ticket prices.

“Normally, airfares would drop because aviation fuel is a big component. When you put all the financial components together that make up your ticket, it’s a very significant factor,” he said.

Nwokoma noted that the reduction might be linked to the presence of Dangote refinery and stressed the need for a holistic approach to understanding its impact on ticket prices.

“If truly there is a reduction in the price of Jet A1, then ticket prices must come down because Jet A1 is a major component in operational costs and the cost of tickets.”

United Nigeria Airlines spokesperson, Achilleus Uchegbu, shared similar sentiments, stating that everyone expects airfares to drop with the reduction in aviation fuel prices. “Although I do not know how soon the price drop will happen, we are hopeful,” he said.

Also speaking with the PUNCH, the President of The National Association of Nigeria Travel Agencies, Susan Akporiaye, pointed out the potential benefits of lower airfares.

The expectation is for the fares to drop, and it will result in more people travelling, which gives my members more tickets to issue, increasing income,” she said.

Frequent air traveller and CEO of Prestige Pharmacy, Sandra Ebele, welcomed the news, noting the positive impact it could have on businesses and passenger affordability.

As a frequent air traveller, I’m thrilled to hear about the drop in aviation fuel prices from N1,400 to N980. This should lead to lower operating costs for airlines, which could translate into more affordable ticket prices for passengers and business owners like me, which will, in turn, affect my business,” she said.

However, Ebele cautioned that reduced fuel costs might not immediately result in lower ticket prices due to other factors like demand, competition, and operational expenses.

Another frequent traveller, Ifeanyi Samuel, expressed a similar perspective, emphasizing the complexities of airline operations.

However, he is optimistic about the potential positive effect it may have throughout the industry.

It might even inspire airlines to add new routes or increase the frequency of existing ones, which would offer greater flexibility for my business travel need.”

“Also, I’d like to add that at least I get to save more from the money I should have budgeted for a plane ticket anytime I have a business appointment,”
he said

https://punchng.com/operators-hope-for-lower-airfares-following-jet-a1-price-drop/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Paraman: 10:25pm On Apr 26
When will Air peace slash price for local travelers bayi? undecided

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Joconceptbest4(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26
This is a probability,the chances of occurring is always 0.5

3 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by obi4eze(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26
grin
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by obi4eze(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26
Paraman:

It will happen when propaganda starts hitting the ground running. grin

22 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Nukilia: 11:31pm On Apr 26
Can we stop all these dangote propaganda scattered all over the place.
Fuel scarcity is affecting the country and some people are busy paying reporters to put up false stories...
Let Nigerians themselves tell the world how much they are buying fuel

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Afamed: 11:51pm On Apr 26
They will tell you they are still using their old stock Jet A1 fuel

48 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by JAMO84: 11:54pm On Apr 26
But I booked June 15 flight for 75k, almost 50 days in advance. Someone that booked 3 days advance is 95k. Na we dey do ourselves in this country.

47 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Afamed: 11:55pm On Apr 26
Nukilia:
Can we stop all these dangote propaganda scattered all over the place.
Fuel scarcity is affecting the country and some people are busy paying reporters to put up false stories...
Let Nigerians themselves tell the world how much they are buying fuel

Always sad when you hear good news.
The fuel scarcity in few states, Abuja, Kaduna, Kogi as of today has been resolved and normalcy is returning.
SS, SW,SE no single case of fuel scarcity, but you are bitter about the reduction in Jet A fuel, you have to bring your propaganda tools in place

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by haffaze777(m): 1:59am On Apr 27
Afamed:

The fuel scarcity in few states, Abuja, Kaduna, Kogi as of today has been resolved and normalcy is returning.
SS, SW,SE no single case of fuel scarcity, but you are bitter about the reduction in Jet A fuel, you have to bring your propaganda tools in place

Their is issues of fuel scarcity in Ogun state.

48 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by sunboy(m): 4:04am On Apr 27
JAMO84:
But I booked June 15 flight for 75k, almost 50 days in advance. Someone that booked 3 days advance is 95k. Na we dey do ourselves in this country.

Season do matters, this is not a country problem, it’s a timing problem sir.

2 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by helinues: 5:12am On Apr 27
Good
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by unclejb2(m): 6:33am On Apr 27
Why are they saying "May drop".... Instead of has dropped.

I thought they said that high cost of aviation fuel caused the sharp increment.

5 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by sofeo(m): 6:33am On Apr 27
Okies.
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by CountinBlessins(m): 6:34am On Apr 27
Why tell us in the media why not just do it.?

Stupid government

3 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Ejiakusmith(m): 6:34am On Apr 27
And I strongly had Dangote will be selling Petro @ Dollar rate in Nigeria 🇳🇬🇳🇬

So where is de Good in this news 🤷🤷🤷
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by MentalCase98: 6:34am On Apr 27
Dangote doing the lords work

1 Like

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Akfrenzy(m): 6:35am On Apr 27
grin Why is he dodging the ones that'll benefit the poor ? #Pms

2 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by EdiskyHarry: 6:35am On Apr 27
No amount of propaganda will solve the problem on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by slowice(m): 6:35am On Apr 27
All the slashes he has been doing we haven't seen any result... Diesel is still expensive, fuel is even increasing currently, abeg what exactly is dangote slashing... Abi na orange?

4 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by haybhi1(m): 6:36am On Apr 27
Just get it to drop immediately, how long we going to keep hearing the term "may". If you're not going to do it, just tell us and don't get our hopes up needlessly
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by chopnaira: 6:36am On Apr 27
As long as it benefits customers.
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by iCauseTrouble: 6:37am On Apr 27
Stop giving false hope.
You all said petrol price will drop but I am currently stranded in Kaduna.
I just bought petrol for 1,000 naira after long queue at the filling station.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by fintechx: 6:37am On Apr 27
Time to stop the lies

1 Like

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Inspirer1: 6:38am On Apr 27
We are yet to see the "dropping" of the price of goods as a result of Dangote "slashing " the price of diesel undecided
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by A2daiye(m): 6:38am On Apr 27
Every step towards development is welcome.
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by emmabest2000(m): 6:39am On Apr 27
Paraman:

When your government slash price of exchange rate grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by jiz: 6:39am On Apr 27
Audio drop
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by jiz: 6:40am On Apr 27
Why will he not be sad when all APC so called "good news" are not always sincere
Afamed:

4 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Creamypie(m): 6:41am On Apr 27
Apc propaganda. Fuel is now 1k
They will not reduce it no be Nigeria again
Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by Thomaslablancma: 6:41am On Apr 27
Afamed:

you are a failure supporting failure .. birds of the same feather..normalcy is returning kill you there..most of you defending clueless government dnt deserve to live in to this country..I know you are still staying in your parent house feeding you with food ..cos if you are the one spending for you self you know the price of PMS before and now ..

4 Likes

Re: Airfares May Drop As Dangote Slashes Price Of Jet A1 by superCleanworks(m): 6:42am On Apr 27
MAY drop
JUNE drop
JULY drop

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria / LASG Announces New Arrangements To Aid Traffic Flow On Third Mainland Bridge / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.