Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues (25119 Views)

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers / Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? / Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by TheArticleNG(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Even if this story is true, Yahweh might've ordered them not to to sing at the burial

His ways are mysterious
May God show his light.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Octaves(m): 11:25am On Jul 17, 2018
if he was a registered and active member, they were supposed to attend and participate at the burial. but not give his family any condolence money because he was not financially up to date.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by ShenTeh(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2018
cosmatika:
I doubt this story. Ppl tell alot of lies these days just to trend. We had one mentally retarded man in my church then who died at 64yrs, he attended every burial while alive, was present at all church activities, but doesnt contribute financially. When he died, the burial was attended by thousands of people. Even the bishop was at the burial. The simple truth here is that people did not attend Chima's burial because he didnt attend other people's own

Excuse me sir!

So if I attend your funeral, my corpse should be expecting your ghost at mine, right?

I just want to be sure I understand you well. That's all.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by sweetlaw: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2018
if this is true, i will say that is a cult and not a place to worship God.

even in death, if you could still hold that against the poor member who died as an orphan, u people need to give ur lives to Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Anextin(f): 11:29am On Jul 17, 2018
[quote author=asuustrike2009 post=69457478]
Your assertion is not correct[/quote
He's very correct, sorry to say, even now churches use tithe card to wed people. No tithe card, no weddingi can categorically tell you that in my mother in-law nlaws church you can't even be visited if you are owing a thing, or worst still you don't have tithe card.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 17, 2018
[quote author=Anextin post=69458005][/quote]
That is your assembly not all churches exhibit that. There are numerous churches in Nigeria. All of them don't exhibit same trait or behaviour
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by FarahAideed: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2018
Nigerian churches are criminal organizations

1 Like

Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 17, 2018
spongeisback:
In one breath my assertion is false and the next parishes varies? Please come up with a better defense because I've no reason to lie.

Your assertion is false bro. That it happened in one church doesn't mean it is happening in other churches. I have attended and visited many churches in Nigeria so I know what am saying
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by spongeisback: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Your assertion is false bro. That it happened in one church doesn't mean it is happening in other churches. I have attended and visited many churches in Nigeria so I know what am saying

First of all "bro" we're talking about catholic not other churches and as we'll know Catholic Churches everywhere have the same beliefs and practices yeah?! So what are you saying?!
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by PotatoSalad(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2018
dacanv:
Trust me guys, this no be today. When somebody dies, they check the register for how many meetings you did not attend, many dues you failed to pay and how many weddings you did not attend. It's common among Christians. Hatred, envy and undermining of others. They probably didn't go because they thought he was puny and insignificant.
My parish priest stopped that nonsense. Very good man.
For me, when I die, I don't need any unnecessary activity, just call my family and close friends and a priest and bury me. The dead needs to rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2018
It is so unfortunate that that guy had to die but please stop dragging the Catholic church to this menace. In stating your grievance, you should have mentioned the parish were it occurred. There are two sides to this story. It is possible that the deceased never attended other functions organized by church even though it is not a yardstick for non attendance by choir members.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by dacanv(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2018
PotatoSalad:

My parish priest stopped that nonsense. Very good man.
For me, when I die, I don't need any unnecessary activity, just call my family and close friends and a priest and bury me. The dead needs to rest in peace
Gbam!
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2018
spongeisback:

First of all "bro" we're talking about catholic not other churches and as we'll know Catholic Churches everywhere have the same beliefs and practices yeah?! So what are you saying?!
Not all Catholic parishes does that. I visited many parishes to know better.

1 Like

Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by vaxx: 11:48am On Jul 17, 2018
Deo1986:
The dead knows nothing, it doesn't matter if anyone attends his burial or not.
The most reasonable reply here so far.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by innocential3032(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2018
If he lives a rightous life b4 his demise, singing or nt he wil stil make it to the rght hand side of the most high
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by spongeisback: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Not all Catholic parishes does that. I visited many parishes to know better.
So all catholic parishes don't have same rules? If collecting dues in such cases wasn't a standard I am sure the parishioners would've written to Rome because they're good at that.

P.S visiting a place doesn't mean you actually know the ins and outs.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Freeman59: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2018
churchgoers
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2018
spongeisback:

So all catholic parishes don't have same rules? If collecting dues in such cases wasn't a standard I am sure the parishioners would've written to Rome because they're good at that.
Rules are made for man same rule can be adjusted. Many parishes do adjust their rules
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Pricelessangel0(f): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2018
This kind of thing is common with Catholic & Anglican. I wonder what there joy is in burying and imposing dues on a dead person?
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by flex04(m): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:

That is east but he shouldn't generalize the whole thing

grin grin grin
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by cynhamscakes(f): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
This is just pathetic!
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by els0nm0rali(m): 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
At the risk of sounding tribal this can only happen in the east.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Amalekki: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
spongeisback:

P.S visiting a place doesn't mean you actually know the ins and outs.
Most of the stuff you see in 'some' catholic churches in Nigeria are not standard practice in the catholic church. A lot of people capitalized on the doctrines that essentially seek to have the mode of worship & other practices adapt to reflect the local culture without negative impact on the essence of christian faith to bring in some stupid practices. Many people in the church reject this.

*I am not endorsing the original story as a true story. I know what some people can do to trend online. You dig deep & you find out it's not even 3rd ear story but up to 7th ear story.

However, this is categorically against everything that Christianity stands for, if true. Catholic or not.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Themandator: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
spongeisback:
Where are the "thank god am catholic" people.

When it comes to dues collection Catholics and Anglicans are the worst.

They will make sure you pay all the dues the deceased owes the parish before anything.

When a family member of mine died we had to pay all her dues before a date was fixed and during the burial they collected offering for purgatory.

Purgatory kwa.... this doctrine made many Catholics to commit atrocities on behalf of the church during the inquisition era. The pope promised them that should they side with the church that when they die they would go straight to heaven without the need to temporal holding bay called purgatory.

The money made from that exercise was actually used to build the new Vatican, as we know it today
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by boyjo: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mariangeles:
They'll use any means to defame the Church...

Don`t mind them, they can`t succeed!
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Sammye(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
dacanv:
Trust me guys, this no be today. When somebody dies, they check the register for how many meetings you did not attend, many dues you failed to pay and how many weddings you did not attend. It's common among Christians. Hatred, envy and undermining of others. They probably didn't go because they thought he was puny and insignificant.
Why do we always see things in one angle. You are not there when they made the law guiding them, Mr chima, God bless his soul could be the one that moved the motion. What am saying, every group has rules and all members know them.
No body is too young to die, no body is most suitable to die, clear your debts now, because death is a debt we all have to pay.
you don't no the time. He probably could be waiting for the time to clear everything but grace was not sufficient enough.
May his soul rest in peace. Amen
#clear your debts in all sense
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by daviesblaze(m): 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
ABOMINATION OF DESOLUTION!!!
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
asuustrike2009:
It is so unfortunate that that guy had to die but please stop dragging the Catholic church to this menace. In stating your grievance, you should have mentioned the parish were it occurred. There are two sides to this story. It is possible that the deceased never attended other functions organized by church even though it is not a yardstick for non attendance by choir members.

You want him to mention the name of the parish again?
You can't defend this absurdity going on in some perishes.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
Stanchem:

You want him to mention the name of the parish again?
You can't defend this absurdity going on in some perishes.
Am not defending anything but the allegation brought before the media is serious hence it should be backed up with fact. The writer's story are mere allegations which can be refuted.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by TrumpDonald2: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
Dottore:

Nothing like defamation the same happened during my own maternal grand mom's burial she was owing was not even up to 20k.

A good friend of mine suffered same fate when his mom died. Despite the fact that she suffered a protracted illness (diabetes and hypertension) before her demise. The illness drained their family's pocket but the insisted that the family must pay 55k that she's owing in levies and dues before they will honour her. Like joke the priests and the congregation refused to show up.
This is bad.
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by Ceazario: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
Do they pay choir dues in the Catholic Church?
Re: Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues by princy80(m): 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Even if this story is true, Yahweh might've ordered them not to to sing at the burial

His ways are mysterious
ur comment got me cracking... I dont think it was Yahweh though, a catholic priest told me Jehovah is not God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Suffer Not A Witch To Live'; Can We Possibly Fulfill This Scripture Today? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: You’re Far Above Principalities / Is It A Sin To Have Sex With Wife On Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.