Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead (12326 Views)

New Upcoming Video Game Trailers 2020 / 5 Upcoming Overhyped Video Games That May Disappoint You / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
With whole PUBG and Fortnite craze and the rise of other co-ops game in the recent times, one may be riddled with misconception/myth popular among gamers that single player video games is probably dead. Actually that is a BIG LIE as single player video games is far from dead and I write this post to list video games that proves just that.

For many, single-player is the only way to play, providing rich storytelling alongside unique environments to explore to our heart's content.

However, as the gaming industry progresses, so do the games. With the popularity of titles like Fortnite or Pokemon GO continually amassing, developers' interest in non-multiplayer content is beginning to disappear, leading many to propose the so-called 'death' of single-player is on the horizon.

But no matter how many battle royales developers are looking to cram into their games, it's foolish to count out player 1 just yet. E3 2018 showed us that the single-player scene is still ripe with exciting new content, proving once again that going solo is healthier than ever.

1 Like

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
Kingdom Hearts 3

It's been a rough decade if you're a diehard Kingdom Hearts fan. From delays to year-long information dry spells, the wait for the highly-anticipated third entry has been excruciating for the thousands of gamers eagerly anticipating getting their hands on it. Yet, against all odds, it looks as if the sequel will finally hit shelves this January.

What's more is that the game actually looks like it's going to be brilliant, featuring an intricate combat system, beautiful visual style and, of course, a host of new Disney worlds with all our favourite animated characters. It looks as if the lengthy wait between the franchise's core entries has brought with it a lot of stellar upgrades and enhancements, making Kingdom Hearts 3 one to watch whether you're a returning fan or a first-time player.

But it's Square's clear confidence in the game that speaks the most about their attitude towards the single-player market. WIth the studio showing three trailers at the various conferences this year, it's evident that they are expecting the sequel to deliver big numbers financially and bring in a favourable reception from audiences.

Whilst the return of Kingdom Hearts is a celebration for franchise devotees, it's also a strong sign that major single-player RPG's are still heralded by the industry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ghost Of Tsushima

Gracing the stage of Sony's E3 showcase, Sucker Punch's new IP absolutely shattered expectations, featuring a striking rendition of feudal Japan, brutal combat and an authentic atmosphere that really set the game aside from anything else at the show. Whilst we all expected the studio would do the premise justice, we never expected them to hit it out the park this sensationally.

It's safe to say that the game is going to be one of the PlayStation 4's heavy hitters to close out the current cycle, showcasing just how much the console can do before it's put to bed. More importantly however, it's proof that single-player games of this calibre are still valued by both the industry's best studios and publishers.

Finding its basis so heavily in historical accuracy, it's clear that Ghost Of Tsushima will be a meaty narrative experience to dive into, likely making it a single-player title that's going to make waves when it eventually hits shelves.

1 Like

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
StarField

There's not much we know about Bethesda Game Studio's new IP, Starfield. When Todd Howard announced it at E3 he told us it was single-player and more ambitious than our wildest dreams, and that alone has us absolutely giddy with excitement. Not only does it mean that we're going to get a giant, open-world, space-based RPG, but it also means that developers like Todd Howard are committed to pushing the boundaries of single-player content going forward into the future.

Assuming Starfield is a next-gen game, it's evident that Bethesda Game Studios is looking forward to a future of premium single-player experiences, despite its recent interest in online through Fallout 76. Seeing games made on this scale for the single-player demographic shows that player 1 is far from extinction just yet.

But besides what it means for the future of single-player, we're excited to see just what Howard and the team can do with a space setting.

If it incorporates the kind of role-playing and immersive world building that The Elder Scrolls and Fallout have in spades, then we could be looking at the next smash-hit game from the decorated studio. It goes without saying that it's not just the sky that's the limit for this intergalactic adventure.

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
The Walking Dead - The Final Season

If there's any game that caught fire at E3 it was Spiderman PS4. Closing out Sony's already stacked show, the web-slinger showcased one of the slickest, striking and most visually stunning games of not only E3, but of the PS4's lineup so far.

Everything from the free-flow web-swinging to the fluid combat made the exclusive look utterly seamless, presenting players with the first game in a long while that seems to truly put you in the boots of the quirky teenage superhero. But what's perhaps more exciting is the fact we have a lot more to discover about the game, Sony keeping fairly tight-lipped on the story and teasing a mysterious main antagonist that's been driving fans mad with speculation (my money's on Doc Ock)
Much like how the Arkham franchise was a big influence on many titles following its release, this game looks to be redefining what it means to take on the role of your favourite superhero, implementing the kind of improvisational traversal and combat that makes Spiderman so unique as a character.

If we're analysing the stacked line-up looking to close out 2018, Spiderman is sitting right beside the big franchise players, a feat that is definitive proof that single-player is not diminishing as of yet.

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
Red Dead Redemption 2

It's rare to see a game reach near every demographic in the medium without so much as a single gameplay trailer. It's a feat only one studio could get away with, and that studio is Rockstar Games. Dropping three mind-blowing story trailers, the world is ablaze with hype for the companies next Western extravaganza, and with the game hitting shelves in October, the wait is almost over.

What we've heard from those who've seen the sequel in action is that it's easily worth the wait. Citing the game's drive towards a dynamic open world, journalists have discussed villagers having realistic lives with rigid schedules, horses bonding with players over time and the protagonist's appearance or reputation affecting how NPC's react towards them.

In short, the sequel is looking to double down on the immersive cowboy experience, making sure your adventure through the west is completely unique and dictated by how you play. If these details are to be believed, then it seems Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to conquer the world when it releases later this year, a fact that clearly implies player 1 is just settling in for an explosive comeback.
Plus, if your hat gets shot off, IT STAYS WHERE IT GOT SHOT OFF UNTIL YOU GO GET IT. Rockstar, you've done it again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
Nice one, I love that waling dead
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by trulygirl: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
Which gaming console are these games?
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
ok
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by tstx(m): 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
ME no dey play game na... So lemme just let myself out of here

see my signature
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Sharpshooota: 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
My PES on my mind

Dinocrisis dey PS4?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Mrlgboman3: 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
If you've ne'er played the hitman series. You've never played a single player game. The greatest stealth game ever. I missed killing guards , chefs, nanny's and stealing their cloths to disguise your way through a heavily guarded fortress.
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by RevenGeMission: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
Thar's nice Ayerrrr
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Arewa12: 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
Issoke
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Kaycee7(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Kingdom Hearts 3

It's been a rough decade if you're a diehard Kingdom Hearts fan. From delays to year-long information dry spells, the wait for the highly-anticipated third entry has been excruciating for the thousands of gamers eagerly anticipating getting their hands on it. Yet, against all odds, it looks as if the sequel will finally hit shelves this January.

What's more is that the game actually looks like it's going to be brilliant, featuring an intricate combat system, beautiful visual style and, of course, a host of new Disney worlds with all our favourite animated characters. It looks as if the lengthy wait between the franchise's core entries has brought with it a lot of stellar upgrades and enhancements, making Kingdom Hearts 3 one to watch whether you're a returning fan or a first-time player.

But it's Square's clear confidence in the game that speaks the most about their attitude towards the single-player market. WIth the studio showing three trailers at the various conferences this year, it's evident that they are expecting the sequel to deliver big numbers financially and bring in a favourable reception from audiences.

Whilst the return of Kingdom Hearts is a celebration for franchise devotees, it's also a strong sign that major single-player RPG's are still heralded by the industry.
Considering the Disney characters that have been created and inducted into this world, I could almost say it's worth the delay. To see a Frozen world, Pirates of the Caribbean world and a Wreck-It-Ralph summon. Feels surreal. Square Enix resurrects the hype every year, but adding a release date blew the roof away. Hope I get a PS4 in time for this beauty

1 Like

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by lilkech(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
no Final Fantasy 7 remake? undecided

no new midnight club from rockstar yet? cry

1 Like

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2018
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Amosjaj(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
Please I need sure link to buy ps3 game disc, I mean the adventurers game. I'm in kogi state. Need more games on my ps3
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
lilkech:
no Final Fantasy 7 remake? undecided

no new midnight club from rockstar yet? cry

it should be out today. i am tired of killing los santos griffers on freemode
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Yomisky(m): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
MULTIPLAYER GAME IS MORE ENGAGING. I PREFER IT
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by blingxx(m): 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
heard ghost of tsushima is like the Japanese version of assassins creed... FYI were is assassins creed Odyssey
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Thebrightest(m): 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
PUBG MOBILE players add me with
BRIGHTEZ
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mrlgboman3:
If you've ne'er played the hitman series. You've never played a single player game. The greatest stealth game ever. I missed killing guards , chefs, nanny's and stealing their cloths to disguise your way through a heavily guarded fortress.
maybe you think this is your greatest game.not for me.i couldn't compare it with splinter cell.hitman was good though.but splinter cell got it for me.
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by MartinCorridon: 2:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mrlgboman3:

Played Hitman all the way from Codename 47 to Blood Money.

These days i am too busy to play, just watched the Absolution and Hitman 2016 walkthroughs.

Hitman 2 (2018) is out later this year...hope you know.
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by MartinCorridon: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
maybe you think this is your greatest game.not for me.i couldn't compare it with splinter cell.hitman was good though.but splinter cell got it for me.

I doff my hat for those patient enough to play Splinter cell. I love the graphics unlike any other but you have to be way too patient. Too nerve wracking for me.

Downloaded the walkthroughs for the Splinter Cell franchise. The time to watch them na the issue.
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by shadyLP(m): 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
Sharpshooota:
My PES on my mind

Dinocrisis dey PS4?

Dinosaur games are very scary with horrific graphics..
I love Dinocrisis

1 Like

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Mrlgboman3: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Played Hitman all the way from Codename 47 to Blood Money.

These days i am too busy to play, just watched the Absolution and Hitman 2016 walkthroughs.

Hitman 2 (2018) is out later this year...hope you know.
Hitman . memories. The only game series that could rival my attention was GTA. From liberty city to vice city to sanandreas. Even one first generation GTA like that on PS1 then. Can't remember the name. Played IV and V. I didn't just play them I also finished it. What was your best hitman series? Mine was silent assasin tho then blood money then absolution . contracts too made sense but it was too scary most especially that meat king mission. The brother of the murderer where that murdered girl was kept always freak me out inside that room. The guy go just appear from nowhere.
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2018
MartinCorridon:

I doff my hat for those patient enough to play Splinter cell. I love the graphics unlike any other but you have to be way too patient. Too nerve wracking for me.

Downloaded the walkthroughs for the Splinter Cell franchise. The time to watch them na the issue.
if you start from the first splinter sell you I'll need not walk through.i started playing from splinter cell 1 I've played the latest.there are no dogs in hitman nah. In splinter cell,dogs will sniff you out.you have to kill the dog and hide it sef.

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by wintersnow(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
Where's
the last of us 2

1 Like

Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by MartinCorridon: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mrlgboman3:

Hitman . memories. The only game series that could rival my attention was GTA. From liberty city to vice city to sanandreas. Even one first generation GTA like that on PS1 then. Can't remember the name. Played IV and V. I didn't just play them I also finished it. What was your best hitman series? Mine was silent assasin tho then blood money then absolution . contracts too made sense but it was too scary most especially that meat king mission. The brother of the murderer where that murdered girl was kept always freak me out inside that room. The guy go just appear from nowhere.

Hahah @ your comments on the Meat King's party mission. My overall favourite is the very first - Codename 47. I liked the song so much that i used it as my soundtrack for a while (Jesper Kyd) is awesome. You just reminded me to go back and redownload.

But in my humble opinion, Silent Assassin or Blood Money were the best of the series. Especially Silent Assassin with all those exotic locales and varied missions .

I also particularly loved the voice of David Bateson who voiced the Hitman character.
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by kullozone(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Sharpshooota:
My PES on my mind

Dinocrisis dey PS4?

Lol... I almost dropout of secondary school that year, because of Dino crisis... If nor be my popsy wey seize my ps make I nor kon go turn secondary school dropoutsmiley
Re: 5 Upcoming Video Games That Prove Single Player Games Is Far From Dead by echelons(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
The Last of Us 2. It's about the most anticipated game at the moment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Game Swap Nigeria / Nairaland Official PSP Apps,games,tutorials & H@cks(striclty For PSP Fans Only) / Blockhead: A New Android Game By Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.