Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Best Heavy-duty Laptops - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Heavy-duty Laptops (1147 Views)

My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday / Data Sim For Heavy Users / Heavy Duty HP Probook 450 G5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Heavy-duty Laptops by princy80(m): 8:09am On Jul 18, 2018
Please babas in the house, which laptop would be recommended for music production and heavy works. something with long battery life, fast processor, SSD hard drive and still somehow cheap grin grin cheesy. I'm tired of this my Hp 620
Re: Best Heavy-duty Laptops by bigl: 1:14am On Jul 19, 2018
princy80:
Please babas in the house, which laptop would be recommended for music production and heavy works. something with long battery life, fast processor, SSD hard drive and still somehow cheap grin grin cheesy. I'm tired of this my Hp 620

It all depends on your budget.

Anyway, consider the following components in any computer you want to buy:

1. Processor: Get intel core i7 or at worst, core i5. Ensure its core i5 or i7 with HQ at end of the processor no. Those ones with letter U shouldn't be considered. AMD is a no-no. I"ve bought it before, so I won't advise u on that.
2. Ram: minimum of 8gb (though u can run with 4gb). The more the ram the better.
3. Of course, regular hard drives running 5400 rpm are ok but if u can, get one running 7200 rpm or step up your game and get a SSD.
4. Try consider one with a discrete graphics card like nvidia.
5. Consider the cooling vent/system of the laptop to ensure your processor gets cooled well enough. If you are like me, I don't buy laptop and play with em, i stress its life out so, consider the cooling system.

I think with these ones you should be ok.

1 Like

Re: Best Heavy-duty Laptops by dimexy247(m): 1:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Exactly what I would have told you grin

bigl:

1. Processor: Get intel core i7 or at worst, core i5. Ensure its core i5 or i7 with HQ at end of the processor no. Those ones with letter U shouldn't be considered. AMD is a no-no. I"ve bought it before, so I won't advise u on that.
2. Ram: minimum of 8gb (though u can run with 4gb). The more the ram the better.
3. Of course, regular hard drives running 5400 rpm are ok but if u can, get one running 7200 rpm or step up your game and get a SSD.
5. Consider the cooling vent/system of the laptop to ensure your processor gets cooled well enough. If you are like me, I don't buy laptop and play with em, i stress its life out so, consider the cooling system.

Re: Best Heavy-duty Laptops by princy80(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
bigl:

Thanks, any info on maybe a particular model and price?
Re: Best Heavy-duty Laptops by chidiogo123(f): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
princy80:

WhatsApp: 08172568455 for USA used laptops at affordable prices.
Re: Best Heavy-duty Laptops by bigl: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
princy80:

1. Hp elitebook 8540p, core i5 520m, Nvidia nvs 5100 (1gb vram), 8gb ram, 256gb or 521gb Ssd (+ 1tb hard drive for storage purpose: u swap out your dvd drive caddy for additional hard drive), etc

I've used this specs and stressed its life very well so I can boldly recommend it. I use it for motion graphics/3d etc

2. hp elitebook 8650w core i7, (with same specs as above) just that the process is double the speed of what u have above and 2gb Nvidia

I prefer this old fellas cos of their semi-metal body. They tend to last longer than their plastic brothers

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lost My Touch Screen Driver After Update To Windows 10 / Ytech Consult Autopilot Business Seminar/training / urgent please! Suggest A Brand New Laptop For My work my budget is 100k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.