Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday (33448 Views)

Wish To Paint My Laptop / Help Black Ink On My Laptop Screen / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Olam09(m): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2022
Omo i don chop breakfast oo..
Please techie savvy guys what can i do to my lappy water don enter the screen i was even thinking it'll never come on again.

For those who'll blame me on why i enter the heavy rain note this is not my first time entering into heavy rain with my laptop in the bag.
But yesterday night rain bad.

Can you please help me push this to the fp. I need suggestions asap!

2 Shares

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:59am On Apr 28, 2022
Na to Sun am Las las..

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Boogyman557: 7:00am On Apr 28, 2022
Holly Gram cool this CUNTREE matterz no reach ur side ABI..

U no see NYLON to take cover ur LAPI, u no fit JAZZ in any shop wey de open and ask of NYLON!

U no fit wait make rain STOP Small!

U de rush to go FUVK TOTTO or to eat HOT rice!

Dat LAPI fit don get many MATAYANCE!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

199 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by aikyg(m): 7:19am On Apr 28, 2022
You are supposed to remove your battery and leave the laptop for about two days to dry.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Boogyman557: 7:22am On Apr 28, 2022
hakym619:

You're a monkey
Holly Gram cool Na still the same monkeys de rule for ur CUNTREE!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by pode(m): 7:32am On Apr 28, 2022
Same thing happened to my laptop three days ago
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Olam09(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2022
pode:
Same thing happened to my laptop three days ago

What did you do to yours to restore it to it's normal state of health? Mine is not coming on again, but i guess it might be the battery.

Modified
Thank you everybody for your useful suggestions, my pc is working fine now but the screen still seems kind of wet.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:03am On Apr 28, 2022
I don't think you are supposed to switch it on, you should have removed the battery and leave it for days to dry out. Hurriedly putting it in may cause more damage if not permanent one. It will take days or take to engineer to open it so he can dry it.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by shogsman(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2022
Looks like a palm top,it can be easily dismantled, dismantle it and leave it out to dry,if you don't know how contact ifixit.com or check YouTube ,if that doesn't work remove your hard drive and sell it as scrap, the laptop isn't expensive so it'd no huge loss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by TheWolfen(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2022
Okay if it is only the screen and not the motherboard. I think engineers can easily fix that

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by iCauseTrouble: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2022
Put it on fire. It will dry the water quickly

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by bukxy: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2022
Damn!
reading comments,
i don't want to experience this though,

lemme learn just incase...
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2022
Lol. We all made this same mistakes

Always move around with a poly nylon in your bag. Carry at least two. So you put the laptop wrapped in it, and then in your laptop bag whenever you experience unexpected drenches. Otherwise stay out of the rain completely

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2022
shogsman:
Di

Space bookers cheesy
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by BeardGangJnr1(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Put it inside Rice, axin dry uncooked rice Oh...then leave it for some Time.

14 Likes

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Hmm
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by davidupdate89: 9:05am On Apr 28, 2022
embarassed sorry man

Carry am go repair shop na
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Sabadon(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2022
But why you go dey waka inside rain when you carry laptop undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Parachoko: 9:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Olam09:
Omo i don chop breakfast oo..
Please techie savvy guys what can i do to my lappy water don enter the screen i was even thinking it'll never come on again.

For those who'll blame me on why i enter the heavy rain note this is not my first time entering into heavy rain with my laptop in the bag.
But yesterday night rain bad.

Can you please help me push this to the fp. I need suggestions asap!

You suppose dey carry am inside bag wey water no fit enterm

Switch am off, put am inside rice and leave it for a full day.

5 Likes

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 28, 2022
Remove the battery and take it to an enginerr , they will use There dryer to dry it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Qaisar1: 9:06am On Apr 28, 2022
You would have allowed it to dry before turning it on

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Tundex911: 9:06am On Apr 28, 2022
We're all APE FAMILY, including you comrade grin

hakym619:

You're a monkey

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by Oblongata: 9:06am On Apr 28, 2022
So sorry about that bro!
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by GooodHardDick: 9:07am On Apr 28, 2022
My brother, na to change the screen ooo!!

If you leave it like this, the dark ink will spread and damaged the entire screen

2 Likes

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by qtguru(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2022
Qaisar1:
You would have allowed it to dry before turning it on

Na the panic cause am

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by MrCover: 9:08am On Apr 28, 2022
Nawa o
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by sammytovic(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2022
It will dry by itself as time goes on. That is if it is on the screen alone.
Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by ensamy(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2022
That heavy rain yesterday for Eko e finish me , no where to hide with the strong winds, even the bus stops here in Lagos was like where you dey under the rain shocked I cook the phone small for dry pot with gentle heat but still not coming up.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Was Drenched In Water While I Was Walking In The Heavy Rain Yesterday by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2022
The rain is so serious that i just waste my money at viewing centre, service no gree make we watch liverpool match, na livescores we dey check for viewing centre.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Full Meanings Of Some Virtual Networking Systems You May Not Know / Check Out Brand New Laptop Prices In Nigeria / Please How Do I Retrieve Files From A Broken Flash Drive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.