Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Why aren't our Caucasians this big? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why aren't our Caucasians this big? (6483 Views)

Why Aren't Canids As Strong As Felids? / Caucasians And German Shepherd Dogs For Sale. / This Big Female Boerbeol Pup Will Make You love Bobby Saxy More....4sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2018
So I love dogs just like most people here on this board.. For me the bigger the better.

I saw this lady's Caucasian shepherd on Instagram and I chat her up to ask why her dogs are so big. Well the answer wasn't helpful because I already know she was going to say good food, but she didn't mention details of the food. Then she also said maybe because of the parents of hers were big and our dogs aren't so big

Well here are the pictures for reference.

She was going to sell her pups to me though but the exchange rate is not smiling cry

1 Like

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by Magpies(m): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2018
Weather,purity and feeding,one of these or all could be the major hindrance.

1 Like

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by hajlat2(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2018
Specially bred.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 11:06am On Jul 18, 2018
hajlat2:
Specially bred.
I know right sad
But How can we get information on the special breeding process then or is it a secret knowledge?
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2018
Magpies:
Yeah that makes sense too, except that no public knowledge of the ideal temperature, food supplements, what do you mean purity? You mean pure breed?
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by xana101: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2018
I still doubt if there is anyone in Nigeria with such Caucasian. I love Caucasian but all I see in Nigeria are Caucasian looking like gsd with long mouth. They look fine at puppy but adult they become as usual. I've had 3 Caucasian so far but I'm not too impress by them. Right now I don't have any dog cos I'm scared and tired of getting same thing again. I think Nigeria can mix-breed for Africa. I don't mind buying from this foreign lady to be happy for once.

10 Likes

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by johnclement: 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
Good afternoon brother i am new in breeding and i have a 16months old Caucasian yet to experience first heat is she barren? Please reply because am really feeling bad towards her
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by xana101: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
johnclement:
Good afternoon brother i am new in breeding and i have a 16months old Caucasian yet to experience first heat is she barren? Please reply because am really feeling bad towards her
1. Let's see her picture
2. Are u sure u didn't miss her heat period, probably u were very busy
3. If she's very large, it takes more time to come on heat
4. U can administer bitch pill to enhance d heat
5. Take her close to other dogs. Its helps too
6. Thank me later
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by prinzetobi: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
Let me drop this here.
This is Petlove Kennel's very own boy.
Petlove is the kennel name
Jos is the place. Home of Caucasians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by prinzetobi: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
johnclement:

Yes it happens, dogs start their cycle at different ages same as humans. The question is why you feeling bad towards her? If you're gonna survive in breeding, the LOVE of the dog has to be the driving force and not the dollar bill.
This ish requires many may sacrifices. There's no guarantee that if she's mated, she'll take in, there's no guarantee that even if she births, pups will survive even if you're the best dog man, nature would still take it's toll.
Summary- there's too many uncertainty in dog breeding that if you don't love the dog, and dogs in general, it's best not to indulge in it as demand and forcast analysis won't help bruv.
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by prinzetobi: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
Magpies:
And Photography too. Presentation/Photography.
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by doxarised(m): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
cyrielo:
So I love dogs just like most people here on this board.. For me the bigger the better.

I saw this lady's Caucasian shepherd on Instagram and I chat her up to ask why her dogs are so big. Well the answer wasn't helpful because I already know she was going to say good food, but she didn't mention details of the food. Then she also said maybe because of the parents of hers were big and our dogs aren't so big

Well here are the pictures for reference.

She was going to sell her pups to me though but the exchange rate is not smiling cry

Though weather and good practices largely affect the Caucasian physical outlook... but most of the picture these white folks present are worked on, also they take perspective shots. (i know them well)
Not saying their dogs are not good, but there are same and even better ones available here in Nigeria, i mean bred here in Nigeria.

P. S. you might be disappointed at what you see when you import one of the 'Goliaths' you see them display.
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by doxarised(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
xana101:
I still doubt if there is anyone in Nigeria with such Caucasian. I love Caucasian but all I see in Nigeria are Caucasian looking like gsd with long mouth. They look fine at puppy but adult they become as usual. I've had 3 Caucasian so far but I'm not too impress by them. Right now I don't have any dog cos I'm scared and tired of getting same thing again. I think Nigeria can mix-breed for Africa. I don't mind buying from this foreign lady to be happy for once.

You certainly have been misinformed, or simply checking the wrong places and also good things are not cheap...

A puppy bred in Nigeria. 5 months old

Credit - Tox kennel Jos

5 Likes

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by Kovu(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
prinzetobi:
Let me drop this here.
Petlove is the name

That is Maximus.
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by prinzetobi: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
Kovu:

That is Maximus.
Yep. Maximu(m)s
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
prinzetobi:
Let me drop this here.
Petlove is the kennel name
Wow that is nice oo
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by frowland(m): 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
I thought Caucasian shepherd is different from Caucasian Ovcharka Same breed different appearance?
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
I guess Ovcharka is a Russian word meaning shepherd or sheep guardian

So Caucasian ovcharka == Caucasian shepherd
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by Eveezy(m): 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
You re wrong. You have probably not gone far to do ur research, we have so many Caucasian shepherds that are these big, check my profile ND scroll thru my thread, I posted some, I didn't snap them well but I can assure u that if properly snapped, some are even bigger. Especially pumba of bsquaredkennel.

And I hope dt u noticed dt it's ladies dt snapped with dese dogs, remember most ladies have a smaller frame ND wen snapped with dese dogs, mks d dogs appear bigger

1 Like

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by davillian(m): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
xana101:
I've seen one it is owned by a lady .
But to me I feel they deliberately don't ship the best pop from the litters .
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by Eveezy(m): 12:00am On Jul 19, 2018
davillian:

They ship oo
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by frowland(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2018
cyrielo:

So they are one and the same thing right? Then its obviouse most dogs here they call Caucasians are not pure. Better they start calling it Alsatian Ovcharka.

2 Likes

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2018
Eveezy:
You re wrong. You have probably not gone far to do ur research, we have so many Caucasian shepherds that are these big, check my profile ND scroll thru my thread, I posted some, I didn't snap them well but I can assure u that if properly snapped, some are even bigger. Especially pumba of bsquaredkennel.

And I hope dt u noticed dt it's ladies dt snapped with dese dogs, remember most ladies have a smaller frame ND wen snapped with dese dogs, mks d dogs appear bigger
I've seen your thread, I agree I didn't know some of us have already started importing quality breeds like your guy did for mating and that's good. However majority of the ones I have seen can't compare to this sizes. Except for your guys own though, I would check him out. Thanks for sharing cool
However I would like to disagree on the frame of the women lol, that same dog has stood in front of a built guy on her page, same result.
I believe another major factor like you and others have pointed out would be the way the shots were taken. The angles were perfect and quality of the picture was excellent. But yeah thanks for sharing
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2018
frowland:

So they are one and the same thing right? Then its obviouse most dogs here they call Caucasians are not pure. Better they start calling it Alsatian Ovcharka.
grin
My dear the ones on nairaland at least they have conscience, some are genuine. I met a local breeder trying to see his Caucasian. I was disappointed I didn't even feel motivated to take pictures. We can mix mix for Africa sha cheesy. Telling me the mouth is long because the dog hasn't been fed well. Because of the economy

3 Likes

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by frowland(m): 9:05am On Jul 19, 2018
cyrielo:
grin
My dear the ones on nairaland at least they have conscience, some are genuine. I met a local breeder trying to see his Caucasian. I was disappointed I didn't even feel motivated to take pictures. We can mix mix for Africa sha cheesy. Telling me the mouth is long because the dog hasn't been fed well. Because of the economy

Actually, dog food is very expensive right now and that's why most dogs look malnourished. I will follow that bsquaredkennel guys with huge Caucasians.
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by davillian(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2018
Eveezy:

They ship oo
OK cool
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by cyrielo(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2018
frowland:

Actually, dog food is very expensive right now that most dogs look malnourished. I will follow that bsquaredkennel guys with huge Caucasians.
I agree, but what I used to do, and would advise my fellow dog owners to do is negotiate with the eateries around (Sweet sensation, Tantalizers) to give you their bone reminants for free or a token. Coupled with the little dog feeds and your dog would be spoilt with food. The reminants should be fresh though.
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by frowland(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2018
cyrielo:

I agree, but what I used to do, and would advise my fellow dog owners to do is negotiate with the eateries around (Sweet sensation, Tantalizers) to give you their bone reminants for free or a token. Coupled with the little dog feeds and your dog would be spoilt with food. The reminants should be fresh though.

Hmm, I have three big dogs, 2 Neapolitan Mastiffs, and 1 Saint Bernard. That method of collecting food from eateries wont work for me to be frank.
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by JackOfAllTrades: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
frowland:

Hmm, I have three big dogs, 2 Neapolitan Mastiffs, and 1 Saint Bernard. That method of collecting food from eateries wont work for me to be frank.
Wow nice, but is this because they are big eaters? or why is that the case for you?
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by franky156(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2018
@Prinzetobi... can i have the details of PETLOVE KENNELS JOS?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by prinzetobi: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2018
cyrielo:

Boom!!
Re: Why aren't our Caucasians this big? by prinzetobi: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
davillian:

Nobody does. Don't be deceived. A conscious breeder would never sell you his best pups.
As a matter of fact, most times they don't announce certain litters. In such case, they're probably selling a few and keeping the rest.
And selling I mean, within their circle.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pedigree Puppies And Dogs For Sale / Caucasian Shepherd Dogs For Sale In Lagos / What Is The Best Dog Food Brand (kibbles)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.