Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope (3497 Views)

Looking For Nier Replicant (PS4) / Nier Automata Nintendo Switch / Nier Replicant Ver.1.22474487139... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
NieR Automata a 2017 classic by square Enix and platinum games. Was nominated best story for 2017. A jrpg that tells the tale of a rekindled love and loss in a post apocalyptic era.

A game that reminds us that even in a cruel society, given the chance, love will sprout and bear fruit regardless of whether you are an android or robot.

This game boasts of a lot of plot twists that will have you rethink of what the phrase "glory to mankind" really means.

In a weird way the game serves to have gamers reflect on our humanity and rekindles the godlike value we are supposed to ascribe to such uniqueness.

Straight off the bat, this game is nothing like I had earlier expected. Every alternate ending was planned and executed well. The plot twists are like none you've seen in any game b4 and for the pervs, the "What do you think you are doing? Trophy will come up as an early reward.

There are 3 routes in the game you see, the first two are mostly the same but from different perspectives I. e. 9s and 2Bs

The choices you make in these two routes do not grossly affect the outcomes. But to get the 2nd route would mean you heed to square enix's thank you for playing letter instruction at the ending A end credit. grin Bliss!!!!

I can tell you that there is no game that I've had more joy in completing than this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKI1Jh43Ju8
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
Route A

This is the first part of the game, as told by 2B grin or rather played from 2B's perspective strictly.

It begins with an invasion of the earth by flight unit yorha forces for a mission to take down a few goliaths on earth. Somehow she ends up being the only one that scaled through earth's atmosphere unscathed. She then Is assigned to rendezvous with unit 9s (a scanner model) who is to brief her on the mission. They meet up after she survives a crash and is put aback by this rather cute scanner model's modesty and informality. She tries initially to be more formal and work driven with him, but somehow even that changed

Straight to the end

After killing Adam and Eve, 9s gets infected with the logic virus and requests that 2B kills him to stop the spread(One of the most painful scenes to watch) 9s is strangled by 2B after which she bursts into tears lamenting

"it always ends like this"

However 9s kinda uploaded his personality into the surrounding network and transfers himself into a large biped machine. And 2B is relieved to see him okay.

2B: "9s...I'm glad you are okay"

9s(staring deep into the eyes of a 2e yorha unit): "yeah"

2B ends her side of the story with a brief break of the fourth wall.

What is it that separtes machines from androids like us?
The machines have gained emotions...consciousness;
their screams when they are at the final edge of death still echo within me"
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
Route B

Begins with 9s disabling the machines on earth's defence systems so the invading yorha units can get to earth.

Only 2B survives and is asked to rendezvous with 9s.

Everything in this route is from the perspective of 9s where fights are mostly via hacking.

The ending is also with 2B choking him to prevent spread of the virus yet again.

It's only during the fourth wall break that 9s says something different.

And so the battle of Adam and Eve came to an end

This outcome will greatly influence the war in future

2B and I our battle will continue for a while. But that's another story for another day
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
Argg
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
Fgr
Ytt
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Edozie13(m): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2018
Nice game.

Just started playing last week and I must confess, it is really binding
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by LucemFerre: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2018
Bros you for write spoilers oooooo cry

Anyways, I'm still gonna play it. I love plot twists. Straight stories are for nomies
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nice one bro ...
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
Do people actually like this game, it looks too Japanese

1 Like

Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 5:52am On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

It's not a game u will want to put in gßmecentre
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 9:24am On Aug 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:

It's not a game u will want to put in gßmecentre
I've played baby games and adult games, just can't stand Japanese ideas, i just finished mario odyssey, took like 36 hrs, domed with gow etc, even from advert pix, automata dulls me
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by LucemFerre: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:
I've played baby games and adult games, just can't stand Japanese ideas, i just finished mario odyssey, took like 36 hrs, domed with gow etc, even from advert pix, automata dulls me

I agree though... Japanese games are just pervasive and have clichéd stories. Look at MGR: Revengeance. Even the dialogue sounds stupid. See DOA,
And that "Ghost of Mitsubishi" too is gonna svck a$$. I hated the game from the trailer.
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Kaycee7(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:
Yes. People do like it. Guess you've never heard of JRPG. It's a niche genre.
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
LucemFerre:

I agree though... Japanese games are just pervasive and have clichéd stories. Look at MGR: Revengeance. Even the dialogue sounds stupid. See DOA,
And that "Ghost of Mitsubishi" too is gonna svck a$$. I hated the game from the trailer.
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
LucemFerre:

If nioh didn't suck ghost of tsushima won't suck

1 Like

Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
LucemFerre:

You read my mind, I tried playing yakuza and Bayonetta... It just didn't click, at least 1 out of my 200 customers liked it..
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kaycee7:
Yes. People do like it. Guess you've never heard of JRPG. It's a niche genre.

How many people, i dont mean to hunt for likes but if you like Japanese games click like, they design games for their people, always machines that can do backflip Blanka bla,, 2 much sci-fi futuristic bs, they successfully killed metal gear for the rest of the world
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by LucemFerre: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:

If nioh didn't suck ghost of tsushima won't suck

Eh... Maybe, I haven't played Nioh. Even the guy in Ghost of Mitsubishi's posture makes me angry grin
His attire is cultural I know, but I hate it. cheesy not that anybody cares but, yea...
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

How many people, i dont mean to hunt for likes but if you like Japanese games click like, they design games for their people, always machines that can do backflip Blanka bla,, 2 much sci-fi futuristic bs, they successfully killed metal gear for the rest of the world

Don't generalize.

Dey have amazing cultural games. Persona5, the last guardian, final fantasy xv, nioh and nier are some of the best games I've ever played

1 Like

Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Don't generalize.

Dey have amazing cultural games. Persona5, the last guardian, final fantasy xv, nioh and nier are some of the best games I've ever played

I think I'm in a position to generalize, at least in lagos, I dont know how many ps3, 4 and vita have passed through me for installation, one or two of these games are asked after once in like 3 years bro, if you like them, you are one in a million nigerian
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Kaycee7(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

Everybody designs games for their people. Or are you implying Americans and Canadians design games for Nigerians?
You probably look to Nigerian statistics, because any gaming enthusiast knows that Final Fantasy has a fanbase that dwarfs Grand Theft Auto. Japanese RPGs are some of the most popular games and if you're just discovering that, you're probably a casual, casual gamer.
They created Metal Gear and they can kill it. They still won't destroy more games than EA.
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Kaycee7(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

I think I'm in a position to generalize, at least in lagos, I dont know how many ps3, 4 and vita have passed through me for installation, one or two of these games are asked after once in like 3 years bro, if you like them, you are one in a million nigerian
Then let your question show that it's limited to Nigerian gamers. And we all know Naija gamers are divided into two.
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kaycee7:
Then let your question show that it's limited to Nigerian gamers. And we all know Naija gamers are divided into two.

OK I guess
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kaycee7:
Everybody designs games for their people. Or are you implying Americans and Canadians design games for Nigerians?
You probably look to Nigerian statistics, because any gaming enthusiast knows that Final Fantasy has a fanbase that dwarfs Grand Theft Auto. Japanese RPGs are some of the most popular games and if you're just discovering that, you're probably a casual, casual gamer.
They created Metal Gear and they can kill it. They still won't destroy more games than EA.

If you mean casual gamer, as in not a geek or addict, im guilty, games are for passing time, entertainment and a temporary side step for reality, as a gamer, if you are not making money from it, stop assuming it's a way of life
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Kaycee7(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

If you mean casual gamer, as in not a geek or addict, im guilty, games are for passing time, entertainment and a temporary side step for reality, as a gamer, if you are not making money from it, stop assuming it's a way of life
The bold part is wrong on so many levels.
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kaycee7:
The bold part is wrong on so many levels.

Its right cos each time you finish a gaming session, you wake from your slumber and face reality...

Never knew there were people here who could argue without unnecessary insults.. Respect boss
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Thegamingorca(m): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

Its right cos each time you finish a gaming session, you wake from your slumber and face reality...

Never knew there were people here who could argue without unnecessary insults.. Respect boss

Lol!
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Kaycee7(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

Respect to you too bro.
crafteck:

if you are not making money from it, stop assuming it's a way of life
Going by this statement, religion, tradition, reading, charitable endeavors, recreational sports, etc cannot be referred to as "a way of life". Sounds wrong to me
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kaycee7:
Respect to you too bro.
Going by this statement, religion, tradition, reading, charitable endeavors, recreational sports, etc cannot be referred to as "a way of life". Sounds wrong to me

Religion guides your behavior in reality, same as tradition, reading is a hobby/art/streamline education / anything that deals directly with reality is a way of life...... Directly
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by Kaycee7(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
crafteck:

Religion guides your behavior in reality, same as tradition, reading is a hobby/art/streamline education / anything that deals directly with reality is a way of life...... Directly
How do fantasy novels deal directly with reality?
Re: Nier Automata A Tale Of Love, Vengeance, Loss And Hope by crafteck(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kaycee7:
How do fantasy novels deal directly with reality?

I excluded reading reading, was to lazy to make proper sentence. Reading Fantasy novel is a temporary escape from reality, only novelists and traders make d money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pes 2020 English Version Ppsspp Camera Ps4 Android Offline 500mb Efootball Pro / Post Screen Shot Of The Level You Are Praying In Candy Crush Saga / Hi Please Visit My Online Gaming Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.