Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? (496 Views)

Opinions: How Are We Going To Be Judged On Judgement Day ? / Are We Going To Be Naked In Heaven? / When Are We Going To Learn Or Practices Good Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? by Martinez19(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
When are we going to have a newspaper or magazine in Nigeria that criticises and exposes magical thinking and it's effects, especially in Nigeria and also expose and investigate the operations, nonsense, lifestyle and tricks of spiritualist?
Re: Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? by RuthlessLeader(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
Maybe in the next 20 years or so
Re: Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
Without paying too much deep thoughts on it, NO! because there's no market for it

1. Nigeria is filled with religious people who all believe in all these things, they would skip the newspaper in question and pick the tracts advertising church programme (a church they had no idea existed till then) placed next to it
then attend the programme in search of a miracle

2. Such magazine producers aren't safe. remember when Mohammed's picture was drawn in Europe? churches and many other buildings went up in flames in "Nigeria" all you need know is see the number of I'll wishes, curses, vituperations, death wishes, poverty wishes directed at Daddy Freeze. remember Charlie Hebdo?

3. Magazines and newspapers are no longer in vogue, they're fast fading out and are only hanging on by the thinnest of threads. internet is where the real deal is. maybe we can come together to create a website for this OR better still keep doing what were doing on Nairaland. of course its difficult that mods wouldn't push topics created with that in mind to FP and even when they did they would push many times more topics about "miracle baby after 56 years of marriage" "car survives fire incident, driver says he saw god saving him"

1 Like

Re: Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? by johnydon22(m): 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2018
Martinez19:
When are we going to have a newspaper or magazine in Nigeria that criticises and exposes magical thinking and it's effects, especially in Nigeria and also expose and investigate the operations, nonsense, lifestyle and tricks of spiritualist?

It is going to be a failure because most Nigerians do not read Newspapers, i know i don't.

The market is small so it will have little or no effect.

Visual messages on the other hand would work better. TV broadcasted debates with social media publicity.
Re: Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? by xpmode(m): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
Thats a good Idea, that wagazine will sell a lot because atheists are increasing daily, each of them will subscribe for about 10 copies monthly and shared with friends and family they wanted to free from mental slavery.
Re: Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? by vaxx: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2018
Martinez19:
Let me engage your mind a little . what do you think will be the necessary parameter this magazine will work with to validate its authenticity.
Re: Johnydon22 And Co., When Are We Going To Have This In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
Mehn, it's been long I have been here cheesy cheesy wink

This thread and some good folks here liberated me.. It's been long baby..
Shout out to my nigg' johnydon22 cheesy

Dude played a great role to my evolution and reasoning..

**catwalks out**

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2018 Eid-el-kabir To Hold Tuesday, August 21 / The Sin Of Flesh And Spirit. / Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.