Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? (500 Views)

Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
"I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” - Mahatma Gandhi

It's easy these days to spot the so-called New Atheists, the ones who more or less paraphrase Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris and so on.

But what of the large number of "undercover" atheists who flock to churches any given Sunday?

These people by far outnumber the professing atheists, and oddly they don't even call themselves atheists.

They prefer to be known as Christians.

You see, the New Atheists are at least honest enough to choose a worldview they think makes sense to them.

On the other hand, the church atheists can drown you in a flood of sermons and Bible quotations yet live in ways that show they don't really believe what they are saying.

The Great Commission of Christ was to make DISCIPLES of Him.

Let's be real: being a disciple isn't a joke. If I choose to be your disciple, I have chosen to give up my own worldview and align myself COMPLETELY with yours.

This is a PERSONAL responsibility.

Thank GOD for the resources available today. We can find out things for ourselves and make choices (knowing that we are FREE to choose, but not free from the consequences of our choices)

As long as professing Christians don't willingly choose the worldview of Christ, they are denying Him, "having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof"

Thank you

(Feedback welcome)
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by LordReed(m): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
alignacademy:
"I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” - Mahatma Gandhi

It's easy these days to spot the so-called New Atheists, the ones who more or less paraphrase Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris and so on.

But what of the large number of "undercover" atheists who flock to churches any given Sunday?

These people by far outnumber the professing atheists, and oddly they don't even call themselves atheists.

They prefer to be known as Christians.

You see, the New Atheists are at least honest enough to choose a worldview they think makes sense to them.

On the other hand, the church atheists can drown you in a flood of sermons and Bible quotations yet live in ways that show they don't really believe what they are saying.

The Great Commission of Christ was to make DISCIPLES of Him.

Let's be real: being a disciple isn't a joke. If I choose to be your disciple, I have chosen to give up my own worldview and align myself COMPLETELY with yours.

This is a PERSONAL responsibility.

Thank GOD for the resources available today. We can find out things for ourselves and make choices (knowing that we are FREE to choose, but not free from the consequences of our choices)

As long as professing Christians don't willingly choose the worldview of Christ, they are denying Him, "having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof"

Thank you

(Feedback welcome)

Is that why you are giving away millions? You have decided to sell all you have and follow Christ?
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

Is that why you are giving away millions? You have decided to sell all you have and follow Christ?

Thanks for the feedback

Not sure of the precise point you are making. Please clarify.
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by LordReed(m): 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
alignacademy:

Thanks for the feedback

Not sure of the precise point you are making. Please clarify.

Your signature. Have you sold all your worldly goods to follow Christ?
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:
Your signature. Have you sold all your worldly goods to follow Christ?

Please how is the (current) signature linked to the issues raised in the post?

You keep talking about selling worldly goods. Why do you keep stressing that?

You have a right to your views, but what sort of discussion are you hoping for?

Or do you just want to argue?
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by LordReed(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
alignacademy:

Please how is the (current) signature linked to the issues raised in the post?

You keep talking about selling worldly goods. Why do you keep stressing that?

You have a right to your views, but what sort of discussion are you hoping for?

Or do you just want to argue?

Is selling your world goods not a prerequisite to following Christ as his disciple? Why is the question contentious for you?
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2018
LordReed:

Is selling your world goods not a prerequisite to following Christ as his disciple? Why is the question contentious for you?

LOL

If that's what you think the post is about, then nothing there will make sense to you
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by Evangkatsoulis: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
Perfect!!! The christians are see everyday are plain hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by LordReed(m): 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2018
alignacademy:

LOL

If that's what you think the post is about, then nothing there will make sense to you

LoL. I thought you came to point out those who aren't following Christ. I guess it includes you too. LMFAO!
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:
Perfect!!! The christians are see everyday are plain hypocrites.

LOL

Thanks for the feedback
Re: Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? by IamPlato(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2018

I Can Not Be An Atheist because I No De Mad...

I Am Yet To Meet A Real Life Atheist. I Seriously Want To Meet A Female Atheist

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze 'Jesus Is Against Tithes And, Seed Sowing.' / Pastor Tunde Bakare Independence Speech At TBS: This Is My Nigeria / "I Am Now Born.again" Snoop Dogg Declares For Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.