Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa (22562 Views)

Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? / Warning! Never Do These 7 Things At The Oba Of Benin's Palace / 7 Things You Find In A Typical Nigerian Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Pavore9: 6:39am On Jul 19, 2018
Let us not generalize as the social media has enlightened many.
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by 24hoursreporter: 6:39am On Jul 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
That's their concern.

LoL, but you should be concerned about how people view your continent now. lol

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by edeXede: 6:39am On Jul 19, 2018
embarassed
Not surprised. Tell them to go to school, they wont. Most of them are illiterates fortunate to be born in a developed country. Africans are more learned that them.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by amstamon: 6:40am On Jul 19, 2018
carls003:
The person above me is on point. No longer now.
And u no fit give am just a free LIKE abi.
African man.
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by eyinjuege: 6:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Ever8054:
that was long time ago not now,....

You will be surprised at how ignorant some of them still are.
Annoyingly ignorant

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Leonbonapart(m): 6:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Alonzoh:
Afrika Amaka!!...
Una no go kill person
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by 24hoursreporter: 6:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Emeskhalifa:
as funny as it may sound some of them think africa is jus one place. like no countries in it.
the other time i was chatting on a foreign and when i introduced my sef as an african from Nigeria, they were asking me if nIGERI is the capital of Africa..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are correct bro.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by mmb(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Ever8054:
Oga it is still like this. Even me sometimes when I hear Niger republic I keep imagining if there are mansions in that country.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Exwizard: 6:41am On Jul 19, 2018
They also thinks Africa are scammers and Africans are Nigerians and no more
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Leonbonapart(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Emeskhalifa:
as funny as it may sound some of them think africa is jus one place. like no countries in it.
the other time i was chatting on a foreign and when i introduced my sef as an african from Nigeria, they were asking me if nIGERI is the capital of Africa..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Linus mba. Technical adviser of lie Muhammad.

Kontinew

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Abdulmaleek4: 6:42am On Jul 19, 2018
grin grin grin Check my signature on how to make cool cash money
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2018
They also think that Africa is a country.
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Niyeal(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2018
And our Ass are black

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by 24hoursreporter: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2018
9japrof:
What kind of image do we portray to them in our movies, news and online?

That's the kinda perception they would have about you.

Due to the high level of scam emanating from Nigeria, if you are proposing a business to a white man from Nigeria, the first thing that comes to his mind is, this could likely be a con man masqurading as a legit business man.

From that moment, his guard is on 24/7.

Africa, we are our own undoing

Yeah, you are right bro. Our scammers have made doing business with the westerners very difficult.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by 24hoursreporter: 6:44am On Jul 19, 2018
peacettw:
Most of the westerners are uneducated when it comes to learning anything related to other countries. I actually do believe that a majority of them still do think this way. You forgot one more thing, they assume that every African who comes to their country is a prince or from royalty.

True talk
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:46am On Jul 19, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Linus mba. Technical adviser of lie Muhammad.

Kontinew

tooo early to argue so ogar carry ursef de go
werey
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Philinho(m): 6:46am On Jul 19, 2018
Their thoughts is inconsequential
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by 24hoursreporter: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Niyeal:
And our Ass are black

Lol, I beg I nor fit laugh o
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by madridsta007(m): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Baratheon:
This was a long time ago but not anymore.

You will think so, but this terrible ignorance still exists today. One asked me if I see animals outside if I open my windows in “Africa.” I shook my head and refused an answer.
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Yungkid101(m): 6:50am On Jul 19, 2018
Ever8054:
Even till now bro. Goan watch videos on YouTube. What they think about Nigeria is even worst.

When J.Cole shared his Nigeria concert video, did u not see those his ignorant fans asking how come Nigeria have and be able to operate"'IPhones"... They don't know anything about Africa yet so they still use the old mentality to describe Africa. Nigeria own na bad pass... they know us as "Scammers, Criminals and Poverty"

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by uuzba(m): 6:51am On Jul 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
That's their concern.

That is why you will gather Three Hundred and Sixty Naira (N360) to give to Oyibo to buy ONE Dollar ($1)
OR
Four Hundred and Seventy Naira (N470) to give Oyibo and collect ONE pound (£1)
-
You may think that it normal. But then again that is the level you place yourself. They think little of africans and we think little of our selves as well. Hence the ruthless exchange rate.

The American will Give One Dollar ($1) to the British Man and collect 77 Pence back (£0.77)
Almost 1 to 1 ratio

Because they value each other almost equally.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by 24hoursreporter: 6:51am On Jul 19, 2018
madridsta007:

You will think so, but this terrible ignorance still exists today. One asked me if I see animals outside if I open my windows in “Africa.” I shook my head and refused an answer.

For real? This is serious o
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by BruncleZuma: 6:51am On Jul 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin

One once asked where I'm from, I said Africa he asked who the president of Africa was...
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by babadeee(m): 6:52am On Jul 19, 2018
This Century that we are rite now, I don't think they are thinking about us like that again angry sad angry
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by ruthgiftonjeh98(m): 6:52am On Jul 19, 2018
Ever8054:
EVEN NOW
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by brownhawk: 6:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Ever8054:
I swear grin. I love traveling out mehn
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 19, 2018
uuzba:

That is why you will gather Three Hundred and Sixty Naira (N360) to give to Oyibo to buy ONE Dollar ($1)
OR
Four Hundred and Seventy Naira (N470) to give Oyibo and collect ONE pound (£1)
-
You may think that it normal. But then again that is the level you place yourself. They think little of africans and we think little of our selves as well. Hence the ruthless exchange rate.

The American will Give One Dollar ($1) to the British Man and collect 77 Pence back (£0.77)
Almost 1 to 1 ratio

Because they value each other almost equally.

No No No No angry

A lot of economic indices are reviewed before you get the final exchange rate between economies.

Those number are not there by emotional sentiments
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by ignis: 6:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Mikelcole:
8. Africans especially Nigeria is inhabited by scammers
This is hate speech....
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2018
But thats the way I see Africa, Nigeria to be Specific
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by madridsta007(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2018
24hoursreporter:

For real? This is serious o

LOL. I’m not joking.
They were in disbelief when I showed them pictures of Lagos at night. I looked at them in pity. The ignorance is frightening.
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by infofta(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Not anymore
Re: 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa by sonsomegrigbo: 6:57am On Jul 19, 2018
They might be right if they meant countries like Biafra, South Sudan, and other chest beating fantasy nations like that in Africa...

Igbo land is the least developed in Africa..

But ironically, they develop Amelica, Indoresia, Maraysia, Ragos, Chaana and so on...

Shiorrrrrr Tufiakwa!

Biafra amaka

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday / Okwu Ntabi Ile / Gbam! - Who Invented It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.