Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice (1118 Views)

Was not scammed by gimporters,the seller scammed and I got my refund / Was Scammed By Odogwu Gabruwl / Please Help!! I Just Got Scammed By Snizzerkiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by ORIJIN201(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
I have been on Nairaland since 2013, but I disabled my first account, so I registered this new account in 2015.
I have done many businesses (buy & sell) here on Nairaland, and this is the first time I got scammed on NL.
Here is my story:
I was looking for a laptop to buy on NL, So I came across this cheap MSI laptop for 40k, and I just needed this laptop for media purposes.
To cut my story short, I contacted Tessyprice (the seller). She said she was in Abuja, and I told her she could waybill it down to me in Lagos after agreeing to pay half of the price which was 40k/2 first before I get the laptop. She made me trust her (Which was stupid of me). grin
I literally played into her hands and I saw the signs, but I felt like taking the risk since its just 20k and I have her details already anyway.
On the day she was going to send the laptop, the money I was to give her didn't arrive early, so I pleaded with her to send it anyways, that she will get her money once I get the money at hand that same day. She agreed on a condition of not telling me the tracking number until I send her the money, I agreed. She told me that she the laptop is on the way to Lagos after getting my address and name. Later that day, when I got the money I sent the money to her. At first, she was feining not getting the alert, after she told me she will send the details. After that, she didn't respond to my messages or calls again. I was not even angry for the fact that I lost 20k, I was angry because I trusted her, and I would have been happy if I spent the money on the needy or helpless instead of giving it to a rogue on a platter.

After knowing and accepting that I have been scammed, I went to her bank, and I was told to get a police report for them to do anything (Reasonable enough). When I got home, I told my elder sister and she told me she will take the matter up from there. I was reluctant to go to the police knowing too well how horrible the Nigerian police is, and I even felt it wasn't worth it. But my sister felt the need for her to take it up because of the people that this scammer would scam in the future.

To cut long story short my sis went to the police post here in Iyana Ipaja, and she was told to get a court order at any court. She got a court order which costed her 5k. After getting the court order, as predicted, our men in black refused to give her a police report grin cheesy stating that she could be a criminal cheesy grin shocked Why would she do business online paying up front? Sighting Jumia which is an online trading site that they only receive their pay on delivery grin grin A woman like her saying all these o. grin grin

That is how everything went down. You see this country? We ain't going anywhere with these sets of people in the realms of power no matter how small their position is.
The said Tessyprice has opened another with the same laptop trying to scam another person.
Here is the thread https://www.nairaland.com/4623545/msi-laptop-sell
Beware! cool wink

Mofified: For those bashing me, I accept that I was greedy there, but I had to pay for a price of 20k. I only opened this thread so no one should get scammed like I got scammed. I think the lady in question works with another person on this. Here is the bank details which is that if a male: Irobor Sunday (6682209022) diamond Bank.

To me, 20k isn't much of a big deal to me, but it might be to someone else, that was the sole reason I posted this. That's how online business can be. I have witnessed a trusted person scamming another here on NL and that's how online business can be, there will be thieves everywhere.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by tstx(m): 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
As long as i am a Nigerian... i will never pay for any product upfront... If you want me to buy from you you gon have to send it to me first... or i come to you.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by sotall(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
Another one

grin grin

Oga, sorry to say..you are greedy!

You want a core i7, 500gb , 4gb and Nvidia 850m laptop for 40k?? ..and you didn't check that the account was registered just April 2018 this year

Na wa
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by Proffdada: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
ORIJIN201:
I have been on Nairaland since 2013, but I disabled my first account, so I registered this new account in 2015.
I have done many businesses (buy & sell) here on Nairaland, and this is the first time I got scammed on NL.
Here is my story:
I was looking for a laptop to buy on NL, So I came across this cheap MSI laptop for 40k, and I just needed this laptop for media purposes.
To cut my story short, I contacted Tessyprice (the seller). She said she was in Abuja, and I told her she could waybill it down to me in Lagos after agreeing to pay half of the price which was 40k/2 first before I get the laptop. She made me trust her (Which was stupid of me). grin
I literally played into her hands and I saw the signs, but I felt like taking the risk since its just 20k and I have her details already anyway.
On the day she was going to send the laptop, the money I was to give her didn't arrive early, so I pleaded with her to send it anyways, that she will get her money once I get the money at hand that same day. She agreed on a condition of not telling me the tracking number until I send her the money, I agreed. She told me that she the laptop is on the way to Lagos after getting my address and name. Later that day, when I got the money I sent the money to her. At first, she was feining not getting the alert, after she told me she will send the details. After that, she didn't respond to my messages or calls again. I was not even angry for the fact that I lost 20k, I was angry because I trusted her, and I would have been happy if I spent the money on the needy or helpless instead of giving it to a rogue on a platter.

After knowing and accepting that I have been scammed, I went to her bank, and I was told to get a police report for them to do anything (Reasonable enough). When I got home, I told my elder sister and she told me she will take the matter up from there. I was reluctant to go to the police knowing too well how horrible the Nigerian police is, and I even felt it wasn't worth it. But my sister felt the need for her to take it up because of the people that this scammer would scam in the future.

To cut long story short my sis went to the police post here in Iyana Ipaja, and she was told to get a court order at any court. She got a court order which costed her 5k. After getting the court order, as predicted, our men in black refused to give her a police report grin cheesy stating that she could be a criminal cheesy grin shocked Why would she do business online paying up front? Sighting Jumia which is an online trading site that they only receive their pay on delivery grin grin A woman like her saying all these o. grin grin

That is how everything went down. You see this country? We ain't going anywhere with these sets of people in the realms of power no matter how small their position is.
The said Tessyprice has opened another with the same laptop trying to scam another person.
Beware! cool wink
I knew it
When I saw the specs I was skeptical. I don't think she's a woman even

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by Proffdada: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
sotall:
Another one

grin grin

Oga, sorry to say..you are greedy!

You want a core i7, 500gb , 4gb and Nvidia 850m laptop for 40k?? ..and you didn't check that the account was registered just April 2018 this year

Na wa
the 1st smoking gun was dealing with a high specs at cheap price. Second was paying before delivery. Jumia is the only people I can deal with pay before delivery
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by Bajoko12(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
Post her account details here for others not to fall for her trap.
These are the people spoiling these section for us,that was how one slowpoke was tagging me to another person simply because of pictures mixup. Even my relocation sales, if you can't come down and inspect or send someone on your behalf,am not way billing anything to you.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by aril: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
tstx:
As long as i am a Nigerian... i will never pay for any product upfront... If you want me to buy from you you gon have to send it to me first... or i come to you.

Trust in business goes a long way. I wouldn't send my laptops down to anyone without payment first. You see, nothing is wrong with this method of dealing/delivery but you have to be sure person u are re dealing with a trustworthy person. You have to be able to confirm the seller's past dealings here on NL.

That laptop you wanna buy for 40k is a lowball price. The seller posted that laptop simply for people who doesn't understand this "if it is too good to be true is definitely a scam.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by ORIJIN201(m): 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
aril:

Trust in business goes a long way. I wouldn't send my laptops down to anyone without payment first. You see, nothing is wrong with this method of dealing/delivery but you have to be sure person u are re dealing with a trustworthy person. You have to be able to confirm the seller's past dealings here on NL.

That laptop you wanna buy for 40k is a lowball price. The seller posted that laptop simply for people who doesn't understand this "if it is too good to be true is definitely a scam.

I never really knew the spec, I just taught it was all those old workstation with nvidia graphics.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by Bajoko12(m): 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
aril:

you are right,no one will be willing to send their item to you with their own money simply because you want to play safe,better use an escrow,forget about buying or take the risk.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by aril: 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
Proffdada:
the 1st smoking gun was dealing with a high specs at cheap price. Second was paying before delivery. Jumia is the only people I can deal with pay before delivery

Your opinion is valid but i have dealt with people on NL without seeing them and they pay me upfront in full before i send any thing down. Again, nothing is wrong with you sending your trusted seller money ahead of sending goods.

It takes only one person to spoil a nation.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by henrixx(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
greed greed greed. when you guys are showing your skills you won't come to nairaland but when it backfires una go come cry...il

take heart OP
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by jksxxxx: 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
Na the relative of Mr Aseso Owolabi,all scammers
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by ORIJIN201(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
henrixx:
greed greed greed. when you guys are showing your skills you won't come to nairaland but when it backfires una go come cry...il

take heart OP
okay this greed thing is becoming boring now. What if I tell you I have been scammed before for buying what it's worth it? And my current laptop I bought last year which is a cure i5 and a dedicated ATI Radeon premium graphics for 30k without a hard disk. This laptop has been serving me well till date. It all boils down to an individual and trust. Mikkyangel on the other hand sells his stuff quite cheap here, how about that?
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by ORIJIN201(m): 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
I can see the mods reopened this thread. Interestong times grin I hope it doesn't get closed again.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by watscookin: 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
ORIJIN201:
Here is my story:

Beware! cool wink

Mofified: For those bashing me, I accept that I was greedy there, but I had to pay for a price of 20k. I only opened this thread so no one should get scammed like I got scammed. I think the lady in question works with another person on this. Here is the bank details which is that if a male: Irobor Sunday (6682209022) diamond Bank.

To me, 20k isn't much of a big deal to me, but it might be to someone else, that was the sole reason I posted this. That's how online business can be. I have witnessed a trusted person scamming another here on NL and that's how online business can be, there will be thieves everywhere.
@op,plz post her number
Diamond bank is scammers bank esp those dat use MTN diamond account
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by Lipscomb(m): 6:16am On Jul 20, 2018
That's how one idiot playing on my intelligent on here,Useless people. Again I will not send my hard earning money to a faceless people .either we meet or you send your damn goods to my doorstep .
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by ORIJIN201(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2018
watscookin:

@op,plz post her number
Diamond bank is scammers bank esp those dat use MTN diamond account
I felt thesame cos they didn't even want to hear my complaint. Shielding a customer that was accused of fraud.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by tabithababy(f): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2018
ORIJIN201:
Here is my story:

Beware! cool wink

Tessyprice don deactivate her account o cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by Kendumazy(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2018
Sorry op. The real fact why you got scammed is because of greed. Don't try to cover up that by saying you have bought one before or look for self pity. No matter what is it. Nobody sells such specs of laptop for that amount. Nobody! Next time, when you see cheap items and seller didn't agree to your terms. Just japa!

Na so one dey price my phone anyhow, he done go buy clone for olx. He dey beg make him swap add cash. I just give am your father sign.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by AskProf: 10:13am On Jul 20, 2018
tabithababy:

Tessyprice don deactivate her account o cheesy cheesy

At least one more account still open @ 9:14 am... She's also "Mitchell1993".
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by ORIJIN201(m): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2018
Kendumazy:
Sorry op. The real fact why you got scammed is because of greed. Don't try to cover up that by saying you have bought one before or look for self pity. No matter what is it. Nobody sells such specs of laptop for that amount. Nobody! Next time, when you see cheap items and seller didn't agree to your terms. Just japa!

Na so one dey price my phone anyhow, he done go buy clone for olx. He dey beg make him swap add cash. I just give am your father sign.
I'm not looking for self-pity in anyway bro. cos self-pity no go give me 20k back. And I admit I was being greedy there. tongue cheesy
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by tabithababy(f): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2018
AskProf:

At least one more account still open @ 9:14 am... She's also "Mitchell1993".

That girl must be a full time scammer embarassed

But the bank account details is that of a male??

May be husband and wife scammer them be
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by calddon(m): 10:45am On Jul 20, 2018
@op its humble of you to admit your greed, really humble. i think you felt at ease falling into the trap cos she was female. Here on Nairaland, people just want to buy things at ridiculous amounts and that's greedy. Sorry bro, whoever is behind the moniker will meet his or her Waterloo either directly or indirectly. CIRCLES
Re: How I Got Scammed By Tessyprice by donshady(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2018
They spoil business for people like us.

(1) (Reply)

Used Lg G6 Available @50k price reduced / Sold!! US Used Dell Lati E6510 Core I5,4gbAnd 500gb HDD With Backlight Keyboard / An Alternative Way To Make A Phone Call Via VoIP- Wificall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.