Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG (16193 Views)

Residents, Motorists Excited As Apapa Gridlock Eases Off / Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic / Apapa Gridlock Traps 50,000 Tonnes Of Cashew Nuts Worth ₦108b In Lagos Ports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by Just2endowed2(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
franchasng:
Lagos is in coma, dying slowly but Tinubu and his supporters and stooges will not agree as he continues to milk Lagos dry, and we the mumu followers will keep shouting eko Oni baje o because they used chikini change out of trillions to construct bus stops and buy ordinary buses, hmmmm cry

Before u argue with me, try and make out time one Sunday and drive around Lagos; from Surulere to Mushin to Agege to Oshodi to Isolo to Ikeja to Festac to Mile 2 to Ikotun to Mazamaza to Ojo to Iyanoba to Igando to Egbeda to Coconut and u will see that Lagos has collapsed when it comes to road networks.

Lagos state inter city roads are all gone!

Most street roads are dead! Roads connecting streets to streets especially around Oshodi-mafoluku area, Mushin, Isolo, Mazamaza, mile 2, etc are all dilapidated and looking horrible and causing serious damages to cars plying those routes.

It is really really shameful that Nigerians cannot make Nigeria beautiful and stress free, it hurts seriously cry cry

Bros u speak my mind. Imagine a governor, building bus stop and park that is the sole responsibility of a local government chairman. Lagos had lost it and I do not see anything apart from bus stop station construction and establishment of LRC that abode is doing. What really is the function of a state governor?

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
wristbangle:

I thought I'm the only one who observe the size of the rodents. The rats are feeding fat on refuse that has heaped like mount everest. The ones in my hood already have horns and they look as if their growth won't slow down.

The government of ambode has scored F9 in waste management and road repair in Lagos. In this sector, the city is dying slowly. Oh! I miss the days of fashola cry
I didn't want to laugh because it's not funny, but I can't help it

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by xana101: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
franchasng:
Lagos is in coma, dying slowly but Tinubu and his supporters and stooges will not agree as he continues to milk Lagos dry, and we the mumu followers will keep shouting eko Oni baje o because they used chikini change out of trillions to construct bus stops and buy ordinary buses, hmmmm cry

Before u argue with me, try and make out time one Sunday and drive around Lagos; from Surulere to Mushin to Agege to Oshodi to Isolo to Ikeja to Festac to Mile 2 to Ikotun to Mazamaza to Ojo to Iyanoba to Igando to Egbeda to Coconut and u will see that Lagos has collapsed when it comes to road networks.

Most street roads are dead! Roads connecting streets to streets especially around Oshodi-mafoluku area, Mushin, Isolo, Mazamaza, mile 2, etc are all dilapidated and looking horrible and causing serious damages to cars plying those routes.

It is really really shameful that Nigerians cannot make Nigeria beautiful and stress free, it hurts seriously cry cry
God bless u real good. But are u an uber driver? U seems to know everywhere around Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by oluwasegun007(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2018
Shey ambode does not have fashola number ni..
Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by franchasng: 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
xana101:
God bless u real good. But are u an uber driver? U seems to know everywhere around Lagos
my brother I am not o but I know virtually everywhere in Lagos, Ogun, etc due to past work experience.

And I have lived in all parts of Lagos; mainland and island so I have Lagos map on my head; I can even see any street u mention cheesy

God bless u too bro

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by franchasng: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
Just2endowed2:

Bros u speak my mind. Imagine a governor, building bus stop and park that is the sole responsibility of a local government chairman. Lagos had lost it and I do not see anything apart from bus stop station construction and establishment of LRC that abode is doing. What really is the function of a state governor?

its sad and when u try to point these things out, Tinubu boys will attack u like bulldog cry

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by powerblaze(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
Oga declare holiday and stop all the story .. it's a bridge, a very important one at that. It's worth every pain. By now we should have up to 10 access routes to and from the island.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by Sagay212: 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
franchasng:

Don't mind the senseless idi.ots supporting a useless govt. If you talk sense to their head, the next thing they start chanting is go back to your village, hater, yen yen yen. Ambode is nothing but a bloo.dy scam. Almost all roads in lagos are in extremely terrible conditions and the scammer of a governor is busy constructing bus terminals for his private business. And as usual the daft followers will be chanting itesiwaju eko. The only thing the useless govt is known for is building bus terminals and painting walls with graffiti and itesiwaju eko rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by miceroms: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
It only shows that Lagos state is working on the wrong priorities. If they were sincere, this is what they should have started with- decongestant the road and creating alternate routes rather than celebrating construction of a bus park which is yet to start functioning.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by owbabs: 12:21am On Jul 21, 2018
I am in Lagos right now. Very very sad indeed it's current state compared to two years ago.
-Refuse and dirt all over the city. What is visionscape doing?
-All roads in sorry state and drainages are clogged.
-Chaos everywhere..traffic is ridiculous
-Electricity in my area is 2hrs a day. We survive on generator
-The air and water are seriously polluted
- Does not feel like there is a difference btw the mainland or Island...poor landscaping of a city and facilities are all run down.

All this Ambode chant I am not seeing what he has done o
Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by Walphem(m): 12:29am On Jul 21, 2018
A few of us have been clamouring on how terrible Ambode is running Lagos, but the majority that likes cosmetic project are hailing him. I wonder why continuity can't be observed in our government; either pdp or apc...government is continuum, but guess not for ambode, he has abandoned every project commisioned by past administration, Lagos state public works cant be seen again, this has made all inner roads terrible and every one vying to ply only expressroad, unfortunately almost all are under construction at the same time..is that not insanity.

Check out the grasses on major road e.g Mobolaji Bank Anthony, they are overgrown and begging for attention, this is the capital of Lagos not getting attention and we expect him to do at other places.
Similarly all previous bus stop sheds are now a big eye sore, from Obalende to Iyana Ipaja, to Akowonjo etc..

Waste management can't even be discussed here, even a blind man can smell the stench in Lagos. Health facilities depreciating at a great speed.

I won't want to sound as an antagonist, he must be commended for trying to "upgrade" infrastructure, but an upgrade that can't be maintained by you or other administration doesnt need us wasting tax payers money on. A great Job on the Lasema end, but already sacred this may not last till 2019 December.

Ambode needs to look deeply and tell himself the truth, he is a failure,(the myopic ones will disagree though), i doubt if anyone can usurp him in 2019...but he should try to restrategise immediately
Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by Pipapi1: 4:17am On Jul 21, 2018
franchasng:
until the bridge collapses one day, which will definitely happen, black man, Nigerian man will never think of collapsing it artificially and rebuilding it or building alternative bridges to ease the traffic.

Black people especially Nigerians lack sense, we live and behave like wild animals, shameful angry angry

Na pray dem go dey pray say God no go let the bridge collapse instead of doing the needful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by Dex4(m): 5:06am On Jul 21, 2018
The solution to Lagos gridlock is simple but Govt has no will power.

Develop and let ports in Calabar, Bayelsa, PH etc work to reduce the pressure in Lagos.

Mind you, a whole lot of people have no business being in Lagos if these ports are functional.

The know the right thing, just blind their eyes dues to selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by RealMillennial(m): 7:15am On Jul 21, 2018
franchasng:

But the sightseeing journey you're suggesting above will take nothing less than 48 hrs to complete.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by franchasng: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2018
RealMillennial:

But the sightseeing journey you're suggesting above will take nothing less than 48 hrs to complete.

lol, u can do it in 2 weeks not just one day due to traffic. Without traffic u can run round Lagos in one day grin

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by hermesprogidy(m): 8:41am On Jul 21, 2018
franchasng:

You didn't mention the take over of waste. Ambode is a disastrous failure

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG by Tinlar: 11:34am On Jul 21, 2018
selemempe:
Yoruba people go gree? Fashola tried in lagos but ambode is reversing all the gains made...and yoro peeps here are supporting him cos he is loyal to bourdillion
Both of them comes from school of godfather, but one is courageous than the other.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trailer With Container Falls At CMS Busstop Lagos, Causes Traffic Jam / Nigeria Starts 48-Hour Visa Issuance At New York Consulate / Lagos State To Compensate Victims Of Otedola Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.