Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic (21065 Views)

Yuletide: FRSC Opens Enugu-onitsha Highway To Ease Traffic / Residents, Motorists Excited As Apapa Gridlock Eases Off / Apapa Gridlock Traps 50,000 Tonnes Of Cashew Nuts Worth ₦108b In Lagos Ports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by TheAutoReporter: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2019
The ongoing reconstruction work on Creek Road and Liverpool Road in Apapa, Lagos, may have compelled the Presidential task force on Apapa gridlock to force the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing to temporarily open the Tin Can Island truck transit park to ease the perennial gridlock along the port access road.

It was gathered that the presidential task force managing the Apapa gridlock has directed that the transit park be opened to take trucks off the roads, though the park is yet to be completed and officially handed over to the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA).

The truck park has been under construction for more than ten years.

The project has, however, suffered delay despite repeated assurances by the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing that it would be completed in April 2019.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-FJGmbaXJ7hk/XURPUu9zd3I/AAAAAAAAem4/VBgx8OBkDyE38_Ke2GIYTfuGkmqm_4oOwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Apapa_TinCan_Park_015_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

It would be recalled that the Managing Director of NPA, Hadiza Bala Usman, had asked that the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing to hand over the Tin Can trailer park to the authority to complete the shoreline protection.

In a reported done by Vanguard Newspapers, it was alleged that despite efforts by the government to rid Apapa and its environs of gridlock, the traffic situation particularly on Apapa/Oshodi Expressway, has remained unabated. Why? Because those who have been assigned the role of controlling the expressway that has been completely taken over by truck and tanker drivers without consideration for other roads users have taken the advantage of the gridlock to enrich themselves, hence it is their prayer that the situation lingers in order for them to continue to exploit it.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-bVRLUzPZZ70/XURPOtxZDBI/AAAAAAAAemI/9369sCEp4wQGN0OOZI7DHnwzSZO0Nw6-gCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Apapa_TinCan_Park_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Simply put, it is the exploitation of the gridlock task team officials for pecuniary reasons that is responsible for the aberration everybody plying the ever-busy road is suffering today. According to investigations, it was revealed that the task team officials have converted the sordid situation into a bribe-taking venture.

Subsequently, a number of checkpoints have reportedly been set up from the Mile 2 Bridge for the task team officials to extort money from these frustrated truck and tanker drivers. A number of these extortion points have been identified from the Mile 2 Bridge. At these extortion points, task team officials collect between N10,000 and N15,000 from each truck driver to allow them to park around the area. Otto Wolfe bus-stop, inward Apapa, is another point of extortion by these officials.

The TinCan Truck Park project is a 350 capacity Truck Park built in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Power Works and Housing and Borini Prono.

AutoReportNG got an exclusive image of the overview of the new TinCan Trailer Park in Apapa, we are bringing it back to you.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-bQeK6aOt9ik/XURPOvuajMI/AAAAAAAAemE/xjrxr1iLTFgZ9jB8FRUm5DAmMjNpsVJugCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Apapa_TinCan_Park_003_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/--5As8OmQFoI/XURPQXH_UVI/AAAAAAAAemQ/kzZ2hEw4wfYeTBNr42l_nhoOnPIxSNOOQCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Apapa_TinCan_Park_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-uufl9wTafso/XURPQuG-ZYI/AAAAAAAAemU/miZjpRKchiw9PdjU8NVsc4fnH1FHLH2mACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Apapa_TinCan_Park_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-_mJ8vJwRqP0/XURPSLSEvxI/AAAAAAAAemg/VAqaaK9UO4Qz3tIXZnQzpkL8zIVwPj6vwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Apapa_TinCan_Park_008_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

To see more of this edifice, please visit the source.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/apapa-gridlock-presidential-task-force.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by TheAutoReporter: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2019
Whats your take? Will they maintain this edifice?

See an overview of this new TinCan Truck park... exclusive pictures

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/apapa-gridlock-presidential-task-force.html
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2019
E be like Na for Lagos everything for this country dey happen undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
krattoss:
E be like Na for Lagos everything for this country dey happen undecided

E just b lyke that my guy, lagosian sef dey cry.

Although this project look fresh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Dechymmytv(f): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2019
This park is too small na

Odieshi ( juju bullet proof) is a scam
See the pic below

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2019
Temporary solution!!!

Utilize ports in other states to decongest Lagos!!!

The traffic is everywhere, it's too much!!!

13 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Alzirida(f): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
tongue
Was the contractor not paid?
Why closing it at the first place?

Maybe waiting for Buhari or Osibanjo to open it.

We are not serious
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by MobilityExpress: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2019
Waste of space. With proper parking mechanisms, that place should be containing as much as 10,000 trailers. Who is in charge, let me submit proposal to build ultramodern park that will contain more than triple of this for half the size of the land. Ideas full my head. I need money grin

4 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Alzirida(f): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Waste of space. With proper parking mechanisms, that place should be containing as much as 10,000 trailers. Who is in charge, let me submit proposal to build ultramodern park that will contain more than triple of this for half the size of the land. Ideas full my head. I need money grin

I know ur plans.
They used it at Satome,
It collapsed 3wks later killing everyone including the designer

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by thesicilian: 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
They're just playing political ping pong with this apapa gridlock issue.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nice and fresh project.

BTW, why is this thread dry? Over 1k views and I'm still on frontpage.

Anyway check my signature.
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by MobilityExpress: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
Alzirida:

I know ur plans

Which plans? grin

6 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Okoroawusa: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
MobilityExpress:
No worry, money go come

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Kapeter(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Temporary solution!!!

onne port. Just a reminder

5 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by MobilityExpress: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
Okoroawusa:

No worry, money go come

Amen! cool

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Temporary solution!!!

A temporary solution is better than no solution. Moreover, what gives you the assurance that there isn't any plan to renovate the ports in Warri, Forcados, porthacourt and other places.

One step at a time, friend. What matters most is continuity.

7 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by MobilityExpress: 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2019
Alzirida:

I know ur plans.
They used it at Satome,
It collapsed 3wks later killing everyone including the designer

Where's Satome? Didn't know of any collapse. I doubt you know my plan. But info is appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by anyimontana(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Temporary solution!!!

u want Lagos to lose its relevance.. Lol
Give us Onitsha port and watch Lagos shrink

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by DexterousOne(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Temporary solution!!!

The gulf of guinea is a nest of vipers
Nobody wan enter there

The security there is not encouraging for ships and people to use that port.

That's just the fact

8 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

A temporary solution is better than no solution. Moreover, what gives you the assurance that there isn't any plan to renovate the ports in Warri, Forcados, porthacourt and other places.

One step at a time, friend. What matters most is continuity.
What stops the president from carrying Nigerians along

I mean he should have a blue print!

If this is a temporary solution, what should Nigerians look out for

What should we hope for

This is what we want to hear and see!!!
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by DexterousOne(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2019
anyimontana:
u want Lagos to lose its relevance.. Lol
Give us Onitsha port and watch Lagos shrink

Lagos is more than the port...

Lagos cannot sink because of load shedding at the port

That is an ignorant thing to say.

Let's get the gulf of guinea safe

Then have a functioning port at the east.

It will.benefit the east

But will not affect Lagos much

Win win situation

Lagos is more than the port.
It's the centre of commerce
Just like Kano

15 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by anyimontana(m): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2019
gaetano:
If they like let them open 200 truck parks, it won't solve anything. Just let other Eastern ports function and you've solved the problem.
I have handful of nnewi friends,and each clear nothing less that 2 containers a month..imagine if theres a port in Onitsha,tell me if Lagos won't be deserted

1 Like

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2019
DexterousOne:

The gulf of guinea is a nest of vipers
Nobody wan enter there

The security there is not encouraging for ships and people to use that port.

That's just the fact
To every problem, there must be a solution!!!

Is that the only available port

Countries without ray of sunshine are creating sunlight via artificial means!!!

If they can go to that length then what are we battling with

We have no excuse!!!

Modified:
DexterousOne:

To get to any eastern port
You MUST pass gulf of guinea

And the gulf of guinea is now a nest of vipers

The oil companies have loose cash
So at least they pay their way through these pirates

But can a regular business man do that?

Once your ship gets hijacked
Sorry

We need to get that place safe first

Then we can send some goods there

It will help that side

But will not crumble Lagos

Life is not "zero sum"

Win win situation is the end goal here
In a country where there's vision, the president would be telling us by now how the vipers/pirates were dealt with in order to create a conducive environment for citizens!!!

What is needed is it up to what Buhari spend on his medical trips

Is it even equal to the amount he has spent and is still spending to look for oil in the North
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by DexterousOne(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
anyimontana:
I have handful of nnewi friends,and each clear nothing less that 2 containers a month..imagine if there a port in Onitsha,tell me if Lagos won't be deserted

Look at what this one is saying bikonu

The FG is in charge of the ports

The FG collects ALL duties from the ports

The FG will still be in charge of the port in the SE
And collect all the money too

So how then can you reconcile what you are saying with reality

7 Likes

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2019
grin....

At last free free free Traffic flow cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by anyimontana(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2019
DexterousOne:

Lagos is more than the port...

Lagos cannot sink because of load shedding at the port

That is an ignorant thing to say.

Let's get the gulf of guinea safe

Then have a functioning port at the east.

It will.benefit the east

But will not affect Lagos much

Win win situation

Lagos is more than the port.
It's the centre of commerce
Just like Kano
center of commerce indeed,just becos they've got the port all to themselves..and don't preach to me about dry ports
Re: Apapa Gridlock: Presidential Task Force Opens Tin Can Truck Park To Ease Traffic by anyimontana(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
DexterousOne:

Look at what this one is saying bikonu

The FG is in charge of the ports

The FG collects ALL duties from the ports

The FG will still be in charge of the port in the SE
And collect all the money too

So how then can you reconcile what you are saying with reality
and Lagos doesn't make a dime internally bah?...weldon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Asian Country For A Nigerian To Hustle / 5 Common People You'll Meet In Vehicles During Any Festive Period / Another Container Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.