Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) (73741 Views)

500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) / 2500-Year-Old Intact & Sealed Coffins Discovered In Egypt (Pictures) / 2000-Year-Old Coffin Made Of Stone Discovered In Egypt, See Reactions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by love2017(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
HungerBAD:
Opened and nothing happened?

In the original Mummy Movie, when they opened the coffins, different things use to crawl out,and curses were unleashed in the land.

Nothing like that happened here Explorers?

But those are movies which are not real events...

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
Explorers:

Les wait first.

But have thought about the liquid inside the coffin

2000years old liquid and didn't dry up

hungerbad

Na sewage. It's a recent development

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Earthbound:

As a matter of fact, I do. These things aren't heresay. They weren't buried with even one piece of gold. Egyptians bury their dead, even the poor with enough gold to pay for the boat ride which transports them to the underworld. It may sound ridiculous but that's their faith. These mummies, were undignified in burial. It speaks volumes.

This will be the first sarcophagus discovered holding liquid with mummies.

Why

Egyptians mummify their dead by removing the organs, placing them in jars, then wrapping the bodies and placing them in a coffins.

Noble men or Royals were also processed this way but the only difference is Royals were given treasures(Gold), potteries, pets, weapons and sometimes slaves depending on the status of the body or how rich or powerful he was before dead.

But look at this case, 3 dead bodies placed in a huge coffin made of black stone weighing many tons, filled up with liquid, sealed up and lowered 16ft deep.

To me this looks like a prison.

vivaciousvivi

7 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by folaisha: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
God is the greatest so without flesh we are nothing ,their identities can not be traced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Rejoice5000(f): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
Donald95:

As old as you are, that movie the scare you na wa ọ

BTW why are they disturbing people resting in peace.
Why did they bury 3pple in one stone coffin?
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
What's mysterious about this? Africans are usually afraid of any phenomena that they don't understand.

Those are priceless architectural finds that can serve as a bridge between the past and the present. It can expand the frontiers of anthropological research.
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Tapout(m): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Horus:
Egyptian King Maiherpri buried in The Valley of Kings.

Only Egyptian royals were buried in The Valley of Kings

these guys were pretty tall oh, look how long that tibia bone is shocked shocked

Explorers pls update us with lab results when its out... Ur doing Good job! cool

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
Explorers:

This will be the first sarcophagus discovered holding liquid with mummies.

Why

Egyptians mummify their dead by removing the organs, placing them in jars, then wrapping the bodies and placing them in a coffins.

Noble men or Royals were also processed this way but the only difference is Royals were given treasures(Gold), potteries, pets, weapons and sometimes slaves depending on the status of the body or how rich or powerful he was before dead.

But look at this case, 3 dead bodies placed in a huge coffin made of black stone weighing many tons, filled up with liquid, sealed up and lowered 16ft deep.

To me this looks like a prison.

vivaciousvivi

Very interesting! @ 1st bolded.
I see that you feel the liquid was placed in ancient times. Then it can't be normal sewage. How would you explain its current form 2,000yrs later please?

@2nd bolded - interesting choice of words. I struggled a bit before I also came up with the word "prisoners" before - and I didn't mean it in the literal sense. people are locked up to frustrate them from acquiring freedom. In this case, not the body but their very souls (which may have been believed to inhabit untold evil).
Why didn't they add a papyrus or even chisel the tomb.
Such a mystery!

Earthbound

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by BabaRamota1980: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
Earthbound:
I talk am. Curiosity will kill plenty people.

What they're calling sewage water, actually isn't.

When Egyptians bury 3 people at the same time in a single coffin, you know they committed a great crime and their spirit go dey vex.

The coffin is not like your usual Egyptian coffin.
These people took great care to create a coffin that would not only keep the bodies in it, but prevent something from escaping. How else do you explain the 'sewage water'?

You will never find a black man excavating the remains of his ancestors. For what na?

Ancient civilizations buried slaves to go into other world in service of a dead King. It should not be surprising that three persons are found in one casket.

There were also human sacrifices offered to gods and deities.

Why stone casket?
They were buried in a stone like material, not stone. Its impossible 2000yrs ago to hewn a stone into that form we see here. Even today, to get a product like that out of stone would require special tools and will be expensive.

Wassup with the sewage water?
Sewage water is biodegradable waste. If you put a person in leak-proof casket and pour clean water into it...in few years after decomposition of the corpse the water would be sewage.

So there is nothing given here in matter of new knowledge regarding this finding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Very interesting! @ 1st bolded.
I see that you feel the liquid was placed in ancient times. Then it can't be normal sewage. How would you explain its current form 2,000yrs later please?

@2nd bolded - interesting choice of words. I struggled a bit before I also came up with the word "prisoners" before - and I didn't mean it in the literal sense. people are locked up to frustrate them from acquiring freedom. In this case, not the body but their very souls (which may have been believed to inhabit untold evil).
Why didn't they add a papyrus or even chisel the tomb.
Such a mystery!

Earthbound

There's a lot to this site, from the dept of the grave, the coffin and the liquid.

Just like a ritual, not meant to be exhumed.

4 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Dami12345: 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
luminouz:

Ur d only one making sense here.......
A coffin of black granite( note the colour), sealed with mortar, and d sewage liquid indicates something isn't meant to escape (their essences,auras or spirits or some deadly plaque).

What those guys found was an elaborate ceremony about something very very serious.

Note the absence of ornaments or figurines,like the pharaohs...

Correct especially the symbolism of black granite, in a unmarked grave.
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by CLASSMAN: 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
coolzeal:
I'm marveled at the level of technology used in creating that tomb. How were they able to lift 30tons of solid rock of stone in that time? Look at the cut in that stone, you could define precision and accuracy.

In addition, some of the obelisks in Egypt are said to weigh about 1500tons of granite.. Damn! we have lost too many knowledge.
the fire at Alexandra museum really went with a lot

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by donqx: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
hmmm
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Diti94(f): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hmmmm...No markings, no symbols or inscriptions. No gifts or provision to aid them in the afterlife either. The Egyptians strongly believe in the afterlife, and these ones clearly weren't meant to continue living in the afterlife. The movie "gods of Egypt (2016)" tried to mirror this practice.

Most likely sacrificed. One of the skulls showed it was hit by a sharp instrument - maybe there was a struggle or resistance. They were most likely buried alive.
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Dami12345: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Zionista:
What's mysterious about this? Africans are usually afraid of any phenomena that they don't understand.

Those are priceless architectural finds that can serve as a bridge between the past and the present. It can expand the frontiers of anthropological research.

With good reason, we remember the past , even when we don't know. If God opened your eyes and you see the number of people around you that are not people you will run mad.
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Dami12345: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
luminouz:

Thanks...I prefer not to share!!!

You still around u.I area?

Let's meet up and talk.
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Ancient civilizations buried slaves to go into other world in service of a dead King. It should not be surprising that three persons are found in one casket.

There were also human sacrifices offered to gods and deities.

Why stone casket?
They were buried in a stone like material, not stone. Its impossible 2000yrs ago to hewn a stone into that form we see here. Even today, to get a product like that out of stone would require special tools and will be expensive.

Wassup with the sewage water?
Sewage water is biodegradable waste. If you put a person in leak-proof casket and pour clean water into it...in few years after decomposition of the corpse the water would be sewage.

So there is nothing given here in matter of new knowledge regarding this finding.

Yea, Egyptians buried slaves with noble men or royals for use in the afterlife(belief) but not in a 30tons coffin and not like this.

Slaves were buried with Pharaohs or royals in chambers with rooms, one room for items(Gold, weapons, other items) one room for slaves and the other houses the real mummy.

This is 16ft deep grave, with a black stone coffin weighing almost 30tons and 3 bodies were sealed in it with mortar.

No gold, no treasure, nothing in the grave and no sign of noble men.

Sewage or no sewage, why bury the 3 bodies in a liquid

This has never happened bro.

2 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by luminouz(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2018
Dami12345:

You still around u.I area?

Let's meet up and talk.
Lol....
Hope u ain't gonna ask me stuff about the supernatural or the black granite Egyptian shit...cuz I ain't talking
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2018
there is a reason for anything to happen...

concerning the graphite, they are not hard like most people are thinking and can be carved using simple tools, but they are good water proof, that explain why the water didn't dry up.

i believe the water would have been able to enter into the tomb through the lid coated with mortar as ages pass the mortar would have been weak and become permissible to water.

the dept inst a problem because, no one would know how many times land slid or even erosion happened in that area...and i believe they arent of Egyptian descendant because there is no valid proof...

remember always use your head and logic to get into a conclusion.

4 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Psoul(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
We no longer have original engineers these days. Imagine stone coffin. Imagin the weight. Imagine the depth it was descended. I respect engineers of the old. What we have now are all fake. Even with CAD and other Computer Aided Machines, u cannot equate our today engineers with that of the olden days.

Okey imagine this.

In the Bible, we were taught that after God destroyed the earth with water. The people gathered and rise to build a tower that will reach heaven so that any other time try anything they don't like, they will climb the tower and go and question Him one on one.

They built it close to heaven and God saw that they were serious and that if not stopped, they will build it into heaven and He struck them and confused their language. Finally, the tower was destroyed.

What kind of pillar was supporting the tower?
Were they using Dangote Cement or Chemical cement.
Was there a lift that was carrying ppl to that height.

In short, our engineers are still learning.

4 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by crafteck(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
udoka55555:
wow

if you know you didn't see anything meaningful inside just like me, click like....if you did, share....

What were you expecting in a 2000 yrs old coffin... NAIRABET Ticket?

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
The. Bad smell that will pull out of this coffin person fit die instantly I swear.
Explorers:
Three mummies.

The stone coffin was also filled with sewage water, which is believed to have increased the rate of decomposition.

Researchers opened it 20 days after discovering it beneath the city.

One of the skulls appears to have been hit by a sharp instrument.

They also said that the other two skulls were intact and male, with further studies expected to reveal their ages and appearances.

Antiques ministry officials said at the time it was discovered that the sarcophagus had been sealed for more than 2,000 years.

An undisturbed layer of mortar sat between its lid and the body of the coffin.
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lilimax:
Haven't you heard of the word carbon dating? undecided

Not Every body is as knowledgeable as you are... I am Glad you read vast

2 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
This WAHALA requires serious reasoning and anticipation of subsequent occurences linkable to the exploration.

Knowing the cultural values placed on burial by those people, even their peasants are buried humble and without much fuse.

Why bury 3 grown ups together?
Why the specialized coffin? Its size, weight, color and material?
Why the need for any liquid content (even water) in the coffin?
Why digging so deep to bury the bodies?
Why didn't they use their common or designated sites?
Why are there no inscriptions in the coffin or it's surrounding?

For me, I believe that the reason such a rare and extremely difficult burial method was used over 2000 years ago was to eternally keep those bodies and whatever may be attached to them (maybe causes, diseases or plague) from seeing the light of day again and also being too disgusting to be accepted into after life.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by naijajobx: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
hmmm
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by jiorhemen(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Explorers:

Les wait first.

But have thought about the liquid inside the coffin

2000years old liquid and didn't dry up

hungerbad
I am surprised too and I have been wondering. Sewage water didn't dry up after 2000 years! Moreover, what is sewage water doing in the stone coffin, and how did it get there?
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by dihhowner(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
Very soon the Sewage liquid will be labelled a holy water for miracles.....

I trust Africans with desperations.......

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by davillian(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
So they still opened it.
Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
penisilin:
This WAHALA requires serious reasoning and anticipation of subsequent occurences linkable to the exploration.

Knowing the cultural values placed on burial by those people, even their peasants are buried humble and without much fuse.

Why bury 3 grown ups together?
Why the specialized coffin? Its size, weight, color and material?
Why the need for any liquid content (even water) in the coffin?
Why digging so deep to bury the bodies?
Why didn't they use their common or designated sites?
Why are there no inscriptions in the coffin or it's surrounding?

For me, I believe that the reason such a rare and extremely difficult burial method was used over 2000 years ago was to eternally keep those bodies and whatever may be attached to them (maybe causes, diseases or plague) from seeing the light of day again and also being too disgusting to be accepted into after life.

Gbam, these are the questions..

1 Like

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by brodalokie: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
Shame on you guys. You preserved all the Pharaohs and nobles in the pyramid with hope of resurrection and no luck but with just 3 words Jesus raised a rotten corpse.
The Jewish Fathers instructed their kids to carry their bones to cannan because they were dead certain that one day Jesus would come and he came and you know what? Immediately Jesus said it is finished the veil was open and grave tore open and the dead were raised. It is all there for you. But you are always reading and never understanding. Resurrection is sure.
Stop using those thrash to terrorize kids. grin

3 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by RexTramadol1: 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
Everybody with rubbish assertions

Why not wait till the archaeologists come up with a logical conclusion on what transpired

Instead of pulling guesses through historical movies......

No poooo is gon' happen, that tomb is powerless after 2k plus years.

2 Likes

Re: 2000-Year-Old Stone Coffin Discovered In Egypt Finally Opened (Graphic Photos) by ostinz(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Dackrapper:
Anything that will happen thereafter should please stop there, we get enough of our own problems here in Naija.
true talk . . .play play now them go say 1 disease don strt spread cps of the sewage water

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brice Nguema, The Man Behind The Gabon Coup, Celebrated By Soldiers / Elderly Man Who Died Having Sex Remains Attached To Partner / U.S & Russian Soldiers Crossed Paths & Greeted Each Other In Syria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.