Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) (37997 Views)

Man In Adamawa Stabs Wife To Death After She Seized His Phone (photo) / 3 Brothers Gang-Rape A Teenager In Ogun, Record It With Phone (Photo) / 70-yr-old Man With 3 Wives, 14 Children Arrested For Raping 7-yr-old Orphan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Quality20(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
buying n selling used phones is a more than a business here in Nigeria o. it can't b stopped period
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
Adenex3051:
I am happy for the woman.
But why is the NPF so callous to the extent of.arresting a nursing mother for a crime committed by the husband. Its only in Nigeria a relative is arrested in liu of a wanted person. I challenge the Police to show the section of the Nigerian law or criminal code which gave them the power to arrest the woman in place of her husband
BARBARIC NIGERIA POLICE FORCE

She’s an accessory to receiving stolen property.

It’s best to keep the child with her than take them to children services.

Why is the asshat husband buying stolen property? Ask that.

1 Like

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Psalmpy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
Amberon11:
That was how someone stole my phone last month and I tracked it, involved the police and got him arrested, he stayed in cell for some days. Meanwhile his family kept calling and begging.

Will post the entire story soon and hopefully it grace's FP so that people can learn how to recover their stolen phones and hopefully phone theft can reduce too.
And how many days did it take the police to recover the phone for you? Cos I just misplaced mine recently

1 Like

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:

Typical Igbo man comment....

Crimes reign supreme in Igboland..

Na their way!
In case you don't know, you made no sense
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
It took only one day for the police to arrest the culprit after it had been tracked. Infact it took only about 3 hours.

If you want everything to be speedy, report the case to the police, then after tracking inform them, and I bet you the culprit could even be caught on that same day.

Also, when the thief is caught , you must insist that he shouldn't be released until you get everything you spent in recovering your phone. Then you calculate every cost accrued in recovering the phone and he has to pay.
Psalmpy:

And how many days did it take the police to recover the phone for you? Cos I just misplaced mine recently
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
Keep deceiving yourself until you get caught up in such awful situations.

Like I mentioned earlier, my phone was stolen recently and I tracked it and the thief was arrested and slept in the police cell for four days. So this is no joke.
Quality20:
buying n selling used phones is a more than a business here in Nigeria o. it can't b stopped period
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by cytell56: 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
CastedDude:
A woman was arrested along with her little children in Edo state over an alleged offense her husband committed. It was revealed that the nursing mother and her children were detained at the police station instead of her husband for allegedly buying stolen phone.

They reportedly spent the night in the police station before their release was secured today by human rights activist, Kola Edokpayi (pictured wearing cap below).

This is coming after the police issued a warning to Nigerians against buying used phones which are popularly known as ‘London used’ without knowing sources of such phones.

The police in a statement said: “Please, whenever you want to buy a fairly used phone, try to know the source. Avoid using your money to buy trouble for yourself. Some of these so-called ‘London Used Phones’ might actually be stolen phones.

“If there are no buyers, there would be low demand for stolen phones and robbers would cease to be interested in other peoples’ phones”.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/woman-and-her-children-arrested-after-husband-bought-stolen-phone-photo.html

It can only happen in a Shithole country. The law is so clear, you can not arrest a person in lieu of another. Its illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by wencesolo(m): 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
I lost my note 3 last year, can it be tracked cos i have imei?, i wish this kind of problem will befall whoever that bought it.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by sylvia2cute(f): 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
[quote author=Amberon11 post=69563662]That was how someone stole my phone last month and I tracked it, involved the police and got him arrested, he stayed in cell for some days. Meanwhile his family kept calling and begging.

Will post the entire story soon and hopefully it grace's FP so that people can learn how to recover their stolen phones and hopefully phone theft can reduce too
Please how did you track your phone. They stole my phone last month and I contacted a police to help me track it and I even gave him my IMEI to t, for a month now and he has been given me stories . Please how did you go about your own? I’ll appreciate your response. Thank you
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by bionixs: 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2018
Olalan:
A nursing mother and her kids detained for a supposedly crime the husband committed shows the level of policing in the state.
BTW people have been warned against buying London used phones as most are stolen phones
most policemen use not just london used but fourth hand phones. what are they saying
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
Amberon11:
That was how someone stole my phone last month and I tracked it, involved the police and got him arrested, he stayed in cell for some days. Meanwhile his family kept calling and begging.

Will post the entire story soon and hopefully it grace's FP so that people can learn how to recover their stolen phones and hopefully phone theft can reduce too.
Are you sure he didn't buy the phone from someone else?

1 Like

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by sylvia2cute(f): 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
@Amberon11 Please how did you track your phone. They stole my phone last month and I contacted a police to help me track it and I even gave him my IMEI and I even paid him.for a month now and he has been given me stories . Please how did you go about your own? I’ll appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by davillian(m): 12:46am On Jul 21, 2018
This is stupid and nobody is talking about , the police should on question them and not detain them in absence of the crime the husbands has committed .
Its only Nigerian police that will arrest some ones mother for crime his son commits.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by sirusX(m): 12:55am On Jul 21, 2018
Wow....seems this phone thiefing business is booming as people want to know how to track phones and recover.

I know it can be done, but it all depends on the attitude of the police investigating the matter

For Android, phones can be tracked via Google

For iPhone, phones can be tracked using Find my iPhone app on iCloud

I do believe the IMEI can also be used as it's a unique identifier
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 21, 2018
Nigeria has become a police state right under our noses. And even the supposed legal practitioner is missing the point: proxy arrest is wrong, under the law of the land.

People will always buy used phones, and there will always be thieves among us. It's left to these useless, bribe-hungry thieves in uniform we refer to as Nigerian policemen to do their jobs and earn their pay.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by SAMBARRY: 1:32am On Jul 21, 2018
Some women really need to be careful of the type of men they love. SMH

Imagine. Locking up an innocent women and a CHILD for what they don't know about. The annoying part is the child

Anyway I know women like her. Once the man comes crawling and sweet talking her she will open her legs wide like the gate of luth hospital for another round and then use her own foolishness to populate nigeria
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by gbagyiza: 1:49am On Jul 21, 2018
Olalan:
A nursing mother and her kids detained for a supposedly crime the husband committed shows the level of policing in the state.
BTW people have been warned against buying London used phones as most are stolen phones

Sometimes I do asked myself can anything good come out of this country? For God sake, when are we going to do d right thing in this Nigeria? How could an innocent wife n her kids go tru this punishment because of a crime committed by her husband.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Sarang(f): 3:11am On Jul 21, 2018
IamPopular:
Niqerian police and stupidity,arrestinq his wife and his little kids because he bouqht a stolen phone,they even slept in the cell till the followinq day... God help us in this zoo of a country

Lol I give up on Nigeria
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Sarang(f): 3:11am On Jul 21, 2018
gbagyiza:

Sometimes I do asked myself can anything good come out of this country? For God sake, when are we going to do d right thing in this Nigeria? How could an innocent wife n her kids go tru this punishment because of a crime committed by her husband.

When the world ends..
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by lascopes(m): 3:23am On Jul 21, 2018
Amberon11:

Na the person wey you lock thief your phone abi him buy am? That na question for you to answer after booboo don step down
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by poseidon12: 4:59am On Jul 21, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:

Typical Igbo man comment....

Crimes reign supreme in Igboland..

Na their way!

It is demented fools like you that keep Nigeria backward.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by poseidon12: 5:01am On Jul 21, 2018
Amberon11:

Good to hear. Please do post the details.

1 Like

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by AROZIBE: 5:44am On Jul 21, 2018
soberdrunk:
"I nor follow"----10k na why NPF dey arrest both victim and witness and friend of witness, everybody go reach station...... angry
. in d voice of falz this is Nigeria police dey close station by 6 for security reasons
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Btruth: 5:57am On Jul 21, 2018
I've never seen a country as useless as Nigeria. Imaging police arresting a woman & her children because her husband BOUGHT a used phone.

The police are damn too lazy to carry out a simple investigation rather, they want an easy job done by arresting an innocent pupils.

Stupidness.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 21, 2018
Amberon11:

Please Do, I still wanna track my Tecno L8 that was stolen and I will spend any amount just to get it back.!

You know why?

The act was done by an insider and who the insider was is still a mystery..I slept with my phone beside me only to wake up yto meet nothing
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by sylvia2cute(f): 8:27am On Jul 21, 2018
[b][/b][ Please i am anxiously waiting for the details on tracking =Amberon11 post=69563662]That was how someone stole my phone last month and I tracked it, involved the police and got him arrested, he stayed in cell for some days. Meanwhile his family kept calling and begging.

Will post the entire story soon and hopefully it grace's FP so that people can learn how to recover their stolen phones and hopefully phone theft can reduce too.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2018
No p, will tag you along when I make the thread.
sylvia2cute:
[b][/b][ Please i am anxiously waiting for the details on tracking =Amberon11 post=69563662]That was how someone stole my phone last month and I tracked it, involved the police and got him arrested, he stayed in cell for some days. Meanwhile his family kept calling and begging.

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 8:35am On Jul 21, 2018
I'm so sorry about that. The worst part of all this is that it's usually insiders that perpetrate such acts. Let me ask you one question, do you have the carton of your stolen phone or do you have the IMEI number of the stolen phone?
Ennyhorlar:

Please Do, I still wanna track my Tecno L8 that was stolen and I will spend any amount just to get it back.!

You know why?

The act was done by an insider and who the insider was is still a mystery..I slept with my phone beside me only to wake up yto meet nothing
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2018
Yeah I will.
poseidon12:

Good to hear. Please do post the details.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2018
Na him thief am. But wether it was sold or not doesn't matter , the buyer will be arrested until the main thief is produced.
lascopes:

Na the person wey you lock thief your phone abi him buy am? That na question for you to answer after booboo don step down

1 Like

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2018
That's too sad. I tracked my phone using the IMEI number. That police man is also a scammer because I got my phone less that 24hrs after I tracked it and thief was arrested and stayed in cell for four days.

If you're serious and want to track your phone and get the person, it is very possible.
sylvia2cute:
@Amberon11 Please how did you track your phone. They stole my phone last month and I contacted a police to help me track it and I even gave him my IMEI and I even paid him.for a month now and he has been given me stories . Please how did you go about your own? I’ll appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 8:49am On Jul 21, 2018
He didn't buy it. I was sure it was him.
When he was arrested and detained he started confessing.
Earthbound:

Are you sure he didn't buy the phone from someone else?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunfight At Tin Can Between Hoodlums In Apapa, Lagos / Three Notorious Robbers Arrested In Lagos (Photo) / Badoo Member Caught In Ogun State, Beaten To Pulp By Mob (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.