Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,666 members, 7,770,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 02:59 PM

How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) (46101 Views)

Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines / Man Caught Raping A Little Girl Inside A Bus In Aba, Abia State, Nigeria (photos / EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by mknigeriagreat: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
But the recording is funny. The CCTV camera was moving now. Like he was actually being filmed.
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Mikeparlo12(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
Why must every form of negativity be attached to Nigeria. Nigeria needs to be fumigated
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by gevans(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
let analyze this mara
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by obaataaokpaewu: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
In this case, it's the shop owners that are been scanned not the owners of ATM card. Once the cashier operates the machine and it debits me, whether the debited amount is going to the organisation's account or the scammers account, the customer has no concern there

1 Like

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by timbros(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
That's not a POS machine he stole... Maybe a wrap of burger he didn't want to pay for.

Watch the video again. Pause it at exactly 00.28 and confirm.

By the way, how did OP know they thieves bring back the POS after "bugging" it? LOL...

1 Like

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by gevans(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
But the recording is funny. The CCTV camera was moving now. Like he was actually being filmed.
thank u, I tot it's only me that noticed it.
how can CCTV camera that is firm be shaking? not only that it was also following the man as he leave. Secondly the other customers suppose to have seen the said thief while he was picking the POS.
Sorry I don't believe this story

1 Like

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by gevans(m): 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by mknigeriagreat: 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
gevans:

thank u, I tot it's only me that noticed it.
how can CCTV camera be shaking and following the man?

Some of these MODs should take their time to go through topics, investigate and process them before pushing things to front-page. But what's my own. Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by gevans(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

Some of these MODs should take their time to go through topics, investigate and process them before pushing things to front-page. But what's my own. Nairaland.
True talk

God bless Nigeria
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by mekonglobal(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
dominique:
How can one country have so many criminals? sad
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by GREENLIGHTLAW(m): 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nawa o. People don't have conscience again. God help Nigeria
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by gevans(m): 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
timbros:
That's not a POS machine he stole... Maybe a wrap of burger he didn't want to pay for.

Watch the video again. Pause it at exactly 00.28 and confirm.

By the way, how did OP know they thieves bring back the POS after "bugging" it? LOL...
The story get as e be
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by durasome(m): 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Khodorkovsky:
my mum said I should tell you that only foolish and weak people fall for fraudsters
. please tell your mom it's not so ooo.You don't have to be foolish or weak before being a victim,these people are just so smart.One only have to be careful at all times.
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Walexybobo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
dominique:
This is nigeria everybody is a criminal.
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
And how much have you won in your life since wen you start playing bet9ja..
post=69576292:
Bet9ja booking master without a single winning ticket for 2 years is fighting..... cheesy wink

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Namdeenero(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
He stole something definitely but it doesn't look like a POS machine undecided
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by missimelda01(f): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
he was smart enough to steal POS machine, but his brain didn't tell him there's something called a CCTV.. a very stupid man!
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by allaboutobed(m): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
dominique:
This is Nigeria
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Maski87: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Tunde why you de do this kine thing
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by captainamiedi1: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Emusan:

That's why I don't use POS and any wise fellow can use my method.

Firstly, I've mastered my all ATM codes: the number, expiring date, password & ccv of hand. This allows me not to be going out with ATM.

Secondly, I make sure I use online transfer not BANK APP but system like Quickteller. This will allow me to verify any transaction.

Lastly, anywhere I want to transact, I quickly ask for their account number and sometimes if I need cash, I'll add the amount of cash I needed to whatever I bought.

Sense will not kill me

what is posted there is a big lie. there is no way pos can do that. pos dont store any body information. pos communicate with nibss wish is responsible for online banking security. the application inside the pos can't do that. untill the man is caught so he can confess what he really need with the pos. everything the op writes remains a lie.

2 Likes

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by captainamiedi1: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
what is posted there is a big lie. there is no way pos can do that. pos dont store any body information. pos communicate with nibss wish is responsible for online banking security. the application inside the pos can't do that. untill the man is caught so he can confess what he really need with the pos. everything the op writes remains a lie.

1 Like

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by srclark: 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
Khodorkovsky:
my mum said I should tell you that only foolish and weak people fall for fraudsters
your mum is totally wrong even the strong and most brilliant people fall for them can’t you see he stole the machine and was caught by the cctv so how does that make anyone weak and foolish na wa
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by sexdoll: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
i don't believe this _shit.

you want to tell me that the pos will be returned without the owners or anyone else noticing that it has been previously removed?

hmmmm

1 Like

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by jaid23: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
awon track 1&2 scammers!! If you knw you know.

dainformant:
Nigerians have got to be extra careful as fraudsters have upped their game in scamming unsuspecting Nigerians of their hard earned money. A man was caught on CCTV stealing the a POS machines at an eatery.

In the video which was posted online in order to identify the culprit (the man in a suit), the suspected fraudster can be seen standing at the counter while pretending to be a customer before stealing the POS machine after a staff turned away while attending to others.

The man immediately concealed the stolen machine in a newspaper before walking away.

According to reports, the scammers bug the POS machines and return them back to where they were stolen from. Once a debit/ATM card is swiped on them, the bank account details are forwarded to the fraudsters who will then clear their victim's accounts withing minutes.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/see-the-way-fraudsters-are-using-to-scam-nigerians-through-pos-machines.html

Watch Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yynLOwRsJaM
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by ibinaboonline: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
The guy above. Me.. cheesy cheesy cheesy.. haave. Said it all. The fraudster wil be caught soon his face.. is showing clearly in the camera.. tongue
His face is showing, so what? His name and address is written on his face? Lets.just hope the plan was to return the device after bugging it because that's how they'll be able to nab him I.e if he's unaware that he'd been made. But who knows what he and his cohorts are up to.
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by okwabayi(m): 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
notoriousbabe:
That guy is an army robber

This guy say na army[sic] robber.

Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by meobizy(f): 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
In this case, it's the shop owners that are been scanned not the owners of ATM card. Once the cashier operates the machine and it debits me, whether the debited amount is going to the organisation's account or the scammers account, the customer has no concern there
Eh hen? So the part where the article mentions the thief then has access to remotely withdraw the card owner's total balance is still part of scamming the shop, right?
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by meobizy(f): 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
modelmike7:

Hahaha cheesy wink.
post=69574522:
Oh boy, this is a professional armed robber!

We're sock puppeting now?
Re: How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by AfDapone: 10:13am On Jul 23, 2018
Bloggers nd lies are 5 & 6. The premeditated recording was from an hand held device and not a CCTV cam. Shine ur eyes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Girl Identifies Staff Who Defiled Her Inside School’s Toilet In Minna / Ritualists Kill 11-Year-Old Almajiri In Bauchi, Remove His Brain (Graphic Pics) / Dead Body Found Floating In Aba After Heavy Rainfall. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.