Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome (1534 Views)

Moi Moi The Silent Killer / Best Fertility Centre In India- Online Queries And Suggestions / Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by favre2k(m): 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2010
Im looking to launch a food company in Atlanta,GA and i want to include moi-moi in my line of healthy organic foods. Is moi-moi healthy? Is this a good idea? All constructive comments (negative and positive) are welcome. I am a Nigerian and i eat moi moi every week.
Thanks.
Re: Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by nat138: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2010
Moi-moi I guess is one of the healthies meals we have in Nigeria, but if you are starting a food outlet and want to introduce moi moi on you menu, pls and pls do not use beans flour for the moi moi, do it the natural way as in wash the beans and grind and use, this is because beans flour does not come out tasting like the real moi moi at all, and watch out that you donot use so much oil and donot kill over the ingredients, cos when all these are too much in moi moi, it just does settle well in the stomach.
Well this is just my opinion.
Cheers!
Re: Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by favre2k(m): 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2010
nat138:

Moi-moi I guess is one of the healthies meals we have in Nigeria, but if you are starting a food outlet and want to introduce moi moi on you menu, pls and pls do not use beans flour for the moi moi, do it the natural way as in wash the beans and grind and use, this is because beans flour does not come out tasting like the real moi moi at all, and watch out that you donot use so much oil and donot kill over the ingredients, cos when all these are too much in moi moi, it just does settle well in the stomach.
Well this is just my opinion.
Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. I plan to use beans to make the moi moi and use all natural ingredients also. No preservatives or nothing of that nature. I dont plan on introducing this at any restaurant, i dont have a restaurant, i plan to make this and deliver to people at their house and offices.
Re: Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by aieromon(m): 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2010
If you're eatin' beans flour,then you obviously don't know what you're missing.
Moi-moi is truly nutritious no doubt.The appeal to your clients will depend on the method of preparation and addition of extras like fish or egg.
Re: Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by dominique(f): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2010
@poster
it's a great idea and your nigerian clients will welcome it. you can also spice it up and make it healthier by grinding garlics and ginger along with the beans wink
Re: Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by ugo2u(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
moi moi when well made is da bomb, there is nothing better!
Re: Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by tpiah: 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2010
to market something as organic, it has to be certified organic by the relevant board.

so find out if moinmoin falls within those parameters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food

of course this doesnt mean you cant label moinmoin as organic food if you so wish.

if you mean health food:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_food
Re: Is Moi-moi Healthy? All Ideas And Suggestions Are Welcome by favre2k(m): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
tpiah:

to market something as organic, it has to be certified organic by the relevant board.

so find out if moinmoin falls within those parameters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food

of course this doesnt mean you cant label moinmoin as organic food if you so wish.

if you mean health food:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_food

Thanks. I am currently looking into the organic categorisation of moi-moi. To be certified organic, they have to contain all organic ingredients which is what i plan on using.
ugo_2u:

moi moi when well made is da bomb, there is nothing better!
Yep, which why i want to go into the business.
dominique:

@poster
it's a great idea and your nigerian clients will welcome it. you can also spice it up and make it healthier by grinding garlics and ginger along with the beans wink
Thank you. never thought about ginger and garlic, will definitely give it a try.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Going Through Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL) In The TTC / Herbs For Healing-receiving God's Healing Through Nature / HELP!! I Am Having Some Loss Of Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.