Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (32057 Views)

Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Dangerous Game / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by aprilwise(m): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
The love game has come to a dangerious stage. I don't understand Edward plan in Coco life.
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 30
"Boss?"

It was the perfect intruder who stopped Edward from spilling the one secret that could change everything.

"Boss?"
"Yes Luke, what is it?"

Luke was a loyal sidekick to Edward, he was Edward's favorite.

"It's urgent boss, we would have to talk, alone"

Edward looked back Coco, he could read her expression, she didn't want him to go, she wanted him to spill the beans. He smiled and caressed her cheek.

"You wanna hear right? Don't worry love, I'll be back"

He turned to Luke

"Let her loose but she must not leave this room"

Luke did as he ordered and followed out when he was certain the door was locked.

"Boss we are loosing money, the client backed out, I think the police is on his tail"

Edward sighed with both hands on his waist, he realised he still needed Jonas for the money, good thing was he didn't spill the one secret he used as leverage against Jonas; that was his only ticket to his money, once the secret is spilled the money flow ends.

"Contact Jonas, tell him we need 5million dollars"

Luke made a bow and disappeared from his sight. Edward had a plan of his own, he was going to make sure his wealth would be the talk of the city, and that's when he has Jonas' company to himself, there would be only one person who would want to ruin his plans, Davies.

"I'm sure that guy is going to be a problem"

Luke said the obvious when Edward revealed his plans.

"I know, he is the only kid with willpower, the rest of them are cowards"
"So what then?"

Edward took a long sip from his cigarette.

"He'll have to die"

Coco heard this on her way out, Luke didn't notice she had an hair pin with which she could maneuver around the lock and get it open.

She stole out through the back door and knocked off two guards, jumped over the fence and landed hard on the other side.

Straightway she boarded a taxi to Davies, she knew the security wouldn't let her in, Jonas must have dropped strict orders to prevent that. She found a rod and dug several holes on the back fence to enable her climb in.

It was hard sneaking to Davies flat, the maids were strangely all over the place, and when she thought it was a piece of cake to handle, she saw Jane.

"Oh no"

She muttered.

Jane sat in the dinning room sipping from a tea cup. The only option that seemed possible to Coco was to climb up to the window pane.

"Davies?"

Her strenuous call came from her weakened bones, she was loosing grip already.

Davies was sure he heard right, this wasn't a dream, it was Coco's voice.

He whisked to the window and opened at the right time to grab her from falling.

She rushed into his arms and hugged him so tight with tears pouring from her eyes uncontrollably. They hugged and kissed hungrily, Davies felt life rush into his bones, he found himself smiling, this was Coco, it was Coco! But then it all went dry when she said.

"I have to go back to Edward"
"What? Why?"
"Davies if he doesn't see me, he would come for all of you. And this time he would show no mercy"

Jane felt the need to check on Davies, she had moved into the mansion already, as had promised Jonas to bring back the Davies he once knew, and to that, she insisted she had to move into the mansion.

"Hey come clean this up, I'm going to check on Davies" she ordered the maid.

"Davies, I came to tell you something, its very important, Edward, he his planning to..."
"Davies?" It was Jane, she was just close to the door.

"I have to go, Jane can't see me else Edward would know I came here, that would be big trouble"

Coco hurriedly gave Davies a deep kiss and hurried out through the window pane.

"I'll come for you"

Davies called to her when Jane entered.

"Come for who?"

She questioned with both hands on her waist.

"I asked a question Davies? Who were you talking to?"

She tried to go over to the window pane but Davies stood in her way.

"This is my room remember? Get out"

She was adamant this time, she knew Davies was hiding something, her instincts can't be wrong.

"No Davies, not until you tell me what you are hiding from me"

She pouted angrily and tried to push her way through when Davies picked her up onto his shoulders and dropped her metres away from his flat.

"Where is she!"

Edward questioned with red eyes; three men laid dead already.

"Boss, I swear I..."

The young man was not given a chance to explain, the bullet went straight to his head.

Another was picked on and beaten to death.

"I said where is she!!"

The rest of the men were trembling now, they knew Edward was ready to kill every last one of them for letting Coco slip past them.

"Am here Edward, am here"

Coco showed up breathlessly.

"You didn't have to kill all these men, I simply went for a walk, since you decided to cook me up in that room"

Edward picked an handkerchief to clean off the blood stains on on his hands.

He went close and landed a slap on her face

"You went to see Davies? Huh, you are lucky cos I was going to kill every last one of that prick family! Lock her up!"

Davies was certain he had found them, the elicit gang in the city, it was not his person, it was totally out of his way of life, he had spent months on his laptop, searching the internet for a perfect club to learn how to fight, to learn how to defend himself now he found it. To stop Edward, he needs to know the nook and crannies of the streets, he needs to know how to handle a gun.

He took his bath, had a good shave and changed into a Jean and a black jacket. 

"I'm coming for you Coco"
©onyeneke Abel. May 2018 all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues.
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2018
Hmmmm

Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 6:54am On Nov 14, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME
CHAPTER 29

3 months later

"Its June 15 Davies, like it's been three months now Davies, three months and here you are like the world is over? Why can't you move on with your life, I bet the so called Coco has forgotten about you already"
Jane poured it out, she couldn't bear to see Davies now, she couldn't look at him. He had not gotten a good shave for months, his beards were all over his face in a repelling manner. The stench from his room proved that it had not been attended too either, bottles of beer were at every corner of the room. All Jane saw was a disorganized man on his laptop day and night, he was a mess. She wondered what he was doing, what was so special about his laptop? What is he looking for?
"Davies I am talking to you"
He was mute and busy with his laptop, his eyes were fixed that it seemed as if no one was in the room except for him.
She felt her adrenaline burn, he was ignoring her on purpose and he was going to pay for it.
She stood up and gave him a hit on his arm. Suddenly he stopped typing, his concentration left his laptop and with red eyes she had never seen before he warned.
"Don't ever touch me again"
She was wise to heed to his warnings. One part of her mind began to flinch, she has to leave this man again, he is not ready.
No! Another said, Davies has to see that she stood with him in times of pain, that way he would learn to love her. She watched him with a mixture of pity and digust, even in her absence, Coco was still able to stand in her way, why won't Coco just die for good so Davies would be all hers.
"Any improvement?"
Jonas eyes were full of hope, perhaps Jane had done something to help his son out of his mystery, but the shake of Jane's head in disagreement made him realize his son was gone for good.
"I don't know Daddy, despite all I do, despite all the gifts I bought, I even prepared his favorite meal, yet he wouldn't even give me a chance"
She lamented and stood with her hand bag in between her hands.
"You've tried your best my dear"
Jonas brought her in for an embrace and signalled Callis to try; but Callis being Callis waved his hands at the suggestion and suggested Jake instead.
He knew his brother well, until he gets what he wants there is nothing anybody would do to snap him out of his reverie, so there was no point wasting his time.
"You are not man enough, you can't save the woman you love!"
Those words replayed in Davies head over and over again, it was the same word he heard countless times.
"Look at her Davies, see, you can't save her, you are not man enough"
He tightened his grip and with a flash he threw down the bottles of beer he set beside his bed.
Jane was first to enter but his sudden thunderous voice made her shiver.
"Get out!"
He slammed the door against her.
"Coco, I've been patient with you, and I tell you I am becoming to lose my patience, huh? What is wrong with you?"
Edward sat beside Coco on the large mattress placed in the middle of a spacious room. Her hands and leg were tied to the bed, there was no slim chance to escape. She had tried countless times to plan but each time she had failed.
"I missed you huh, I missed your body"
He took towards her and attempted to sniff her neck down to her breast like he always do but this time she stopped him when she spat on his face; she knew what the repercussion would be and she was prepared for it.
A slap followed and sent her lips swollen.
"Bitch" he cursed and held her by her neck.
"I should have you now, and tear you apart, it's been years and I miss being inside you, but I don't want to force myself you, I want you to love me like you use to, like old times huh?"
She was quiet, too quiet that it infuriated him.
"Huh!" He released her neck and cupped her cheeks with one hand.
"The only reason you are still alive is because my hands are tied"
She threatened and she meant it, all she needed was a slim chance to slit his throat. Whichever way possible she was going to make sure she ends his life for real.
"Do you hate me that much? Huh? I gave you life Christiana Tosin! I sent you to school, I taught you everything you know and yet you hate me? And yet..."
"And yet you took my pride"
She interrupted and erred her bitter heart.
"You took my dignity, you made me worthless, you made me live with a scar for years, you took my soul and gave me ashes. Do you know how I felt each time you parted my legs to satisfy your needs, even when I tried to fight back, you would hit me till I have no strength left, all I was to you was a tool to satisfy your needs, I was merely a tool, you never loved me"
Somehow Edward felt abused, he didn't understand why Coco would see his actions as something evil, it was his right to have his girl anytime he wants, why would she be offended by it?
"So what now? Its that fool Davies you want, huh Christiana?"
It was unlike Coco to talk back to him, but the new Coco he met wasn't the one he once knew, without hesitation she nodded and replied
"Yes, I would chose him over and over again. I love him, and he would be a better man than you would ever be"
Another annoying slap smacked her face hard that her eyes voluntary poured out tears.
"You fool, what if I tell you that this Davies you love so much is the reason why you found yourself in streets? Huh? Would you still love him? What if you know what his father has done in the past, would you still love him?"
Coco made a pause to think wide now, she did notice Jonas act like he was hiding something, she couldn't stop the urge that gave her the push to ask.
"What has Jonas done in the past?"

©onyeneke Abel . November 2018 all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues.

read more on www.abfictionstories.com
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Ann2012(f): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2018
Through reading the complete story, kudos OP
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME
CHAPTER 31

"Davies?"
Jane couldn't believe what she saw, it was too good to be true. Maybe she didn't see right. It was Davies, all dress up, well shaved and clean with his usual vigour. His masculinity had been rekindled and as he approached Jane from down the stairs, his cologne tagged along.
Jane's sudden questionably call brought the maids to the scene. They all stood with mouth agape.
"Clean up my room, I would be out for a while"
He ordered and went past Jane like she didn't exist. Jane called Jonas immediately to reveal the goodnews.
"Are you serious, thank you my dear, you are indeed a Savior, I knew only you could bring back my son"
Jonas had ended the call when she realised she wasn't the right person to receive such praise. She knew Coco has come visiting, and that it was the reason for Davies' sudden revival.
"I know it's you Coco, my instincts can't be wrong, I heard Davies talking to someone and it's you! you keep getting in my way, just wait until I crush you"
"Why do you want to join the brotherhood Davies, your Father is one of the richest in the city, why would you choose to mingle with the streets?"
Jack questioned Davies.
Jack was the leader of a gang popular known as the resistance, it was a group of black Americans fighting for equality. They were Kings of the streets, it was just the only place Davies thought would be good to achieve his goal.
"I just want to fight with you guys"
"You lie man, I see vengeance in your eyes, perhaps you can thrill me, who is this man or unfortunate people?"
There was no point denying it, Davies revealed his true intentions.
"Edward? The scorpion?"
The frown on Jack's face was one that revealed he knew Edward very well.
"Boy you are biting more than you can chew, you can't defeat the scorpion, he is a demon, it's best you let him be and save yourself"
Jack was going to stop Davies but the bundle of cash that landed on his hands made him rethink.
"There is more were that came from, just teach me all I need to know, and let my fate be decided, if I win, well good, if I die, I die fighting for a good cause"
Jack sighed with the cash bouncing in his hands, he narrowed his eyes as if looking for something in Davies' eyes.
"She must be one lucky woman that you would go to the ends of hell to fight for her"
Davies frowned, he was amazed on how Jack could read his every thought when he didn't say a word
"Don't worry, I would teach you how to read people, how to read their next move even before they make it, you have a lot to learn, but if you put your mind to it, well who knows, within a few years you would be ready"
Davies disagreed immediately.
"I don't have years, months would do, please be hard on me, whatever it would take for me to learn all I need to know"
Jack loved his Davies' willpower but it was nothing but foolishness to him, he knew Davies was only walking into a dead trap; There was no way he would defeat Edward.
"Alright Davies, if you insist. First you must know that we are resistance fighters, we defend what is ours, we don't kill without a cause, we are not armed robbers, we are not thugs, we..."
Davies cleared his throat to interrupt.
"Emm, I know all these stuffs, I searched you guys on the internet, can we start now"
"Patience boy, why not come back tomorrow and we start by initiating you into the brotherhood"
It sounded too late to Davies but Jack was persistent till he had to succumb.
"Son, it's good to have you back. I knew Jane was the right woman for you, see what she has done, I am so proud of her"
Jonas came visiting and found Davies seated with his brothers in the dinning room. Davies exchanged pleasantries and corrected the moment everyone was settled.
"Jane didn't do anything. And Dad I don't really know what she is doing in this house, she has to leave"
Jane was first to bang the table in anger and Jonas followed to back her up. She overheard Davies while she approached the dinning room, she didn't hesitate to react, she was confident of the back up she had.
"She is going nowhere!"
"Yes daddy, tell him! Davies I love you and you are stuck with me whether you like it or not"
Davies didn't have to think twice, he stood up and revealed just what he had in mind.
"Then I am moving out of the house, it's either this witch goes, or I do"
"Boss, it's Davies on the recruitment list, I couldn't believe it myself"
Luke revealed to Edward. There was nothing in the streets that got past Edward, he had eyes everywhere.
Edward laughed till his eyes went red.
"Do I snuff him out?"
Luke meant the inevitable death, but Edward disagreed.
"No not yet, our hero is in love, let's see how this love game will turn out, I sincerely hope our hero can play this game of chess, this is the street, people wind up dead with just a snap of my finger"
Luke allowed a minute of silence before he went on to ask.
"So what now boss?"
"Now it's game on"
©onyeneke Abel. May 2018 all rights reserved.
Love is a game
Continues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 9:05am On Nov 15, 2018
Hmmmmm

OP Tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by anyimpro(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
I like it. keep it coming....
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Doubra12(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2019
Pls update na.
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by temiedey(f): 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Pls any update abi we shud just forget this story?..
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by AfonjaConehead: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2022
silver090:

Please be careful how you comment on here concerning "those evil people/party while you have your personal data/number in the open o".
Please be very careful. You can have other monikers for your adverts and separate handles for "those comments". They have people who do tracking.
This is a coded message to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Separate Worlds . . . (feat THE ROCK5555) / Forbidden / Condemned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.