Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

I Didn’t Expect People To Condemn Me Over Aramide Comment – Ebiye - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Didn’t Expect People To Condemn Me Over Aramide Comment – Ebiye (361 Views)

Debt: Comedian Ebiye Reacts After Being Called Out For Buying A Benz On Credit. / Comedian Ebiye Mocks Regina Daniels' Ex Boyfriend (photos, Video) / Ebiye Blasts Aramide: You Probably Had Sex For The Headies Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Expect People To Condemn Me Over Aramide Comment – Ebiye by 5Ebiscoo: 10:56am On Jul 21, 2018

Victor Ebiye, popularly known as comedian Ebiye, has revealed that he didn’t expect the level of backlash he got over a comment t he made about singer Aramide when she won award at the Headies 2018 awards.

Speaking to Saturday Beats, Ebiye said he never thought his words would be taken seriously because he was only joking.

“I apologised because Aramide could not have done such a thing and the joke didn’t have an end.

“I don’t want to mention names, but if I had used another character, people might not have reacted the way they did. I guess I chose the wrong character for the joke.

“Aramide has been busy. Though I have not been able to see her physically, I have sent in my apologies to her. We talked about everything, so we are cool now.”

Ebiye received lots of backlash when he said Aramide must have slept with someone to have won that award. The comedian later apologized for his words.

He wrote: “I made a distasteful joke about Aramide last night at the Headies. I am embarrassed by my comments, I’m profusely sorry. Aramide is a hardworking artist who deserves every recognition she gets by merit. I sincerely apologise and pledge that such will not repeat itself”.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/i-didnt-expect-people-to-condemn-me.html
Re: I Didn’t Expect People To Condemn Me Over Aramide Comment – Ebiye by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2018
Ebiye received lots of backlash when he said Aramide must have slept with someone to have won that award. The comedian later apologized for his words.

This is comedy gone too far.
This is stupidity and foolishness.
Idiota!
Anuofia!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Expect People To Condemn Me Over Aramide Comment – Ebiye by Shakushaku1(m): 11:01am On Jul 21, 2018
This dry idiott is still talking, let someone make that kinda joke abt ya mom and sis, this kinda joke isn't even qualified for an inside joke talkless of posting it on SM.. Can't blame him sha the Bitchh neega cry for a living.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Ngozi Nwosu’s 55th Birthday / I Can’t Marry A Man Who Is Not Good In Sex’ – Nollywood Actress, Bolatito Sowunm / Hidden Message Behind “what You Want “(letter To My Wife) By D’banj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.