Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Road To Ireland - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Road To Ireland (16061 Views)

Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Before You Come To Ireland!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Road To Ireland by Nellychinma20(f): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2018
Jaytecq:
interesting... all the best bro
Not a bro but a sis grin grin

Thanks anyways

2 Likes

Re: The Road To Ireland by nursennenny(f): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2018
Fortifiedcity
Kk4

Check out the above update ,it will help you in budgeting
Re: The Road To Ireland by nursennenny(f): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2018
I will list top reasons why I chose Ireland over so many other countries

1-Ireland has one of the best system of education in the world ,students in those countries even testifies this as I know a lot of international students .
2-cost of living is relatively affordable ,imagine paying your tuition and then get accommodation plus medical insurance at no extra .
Moreover you are given accommodation that is just a walking distance to the school and so this cuts cost on transportation

3-Ireland is generally safe and friendly

4-you finish your program within a relatively short period

5-Availability of 2 years post study visa i.e when u are done with studies.

6-you don't stress over getting a job

7-Ireland is destination for tourist ,so what's better than studying in a country where you can enjoy your holidays as well ?

8-My school offers swimming classes plus lots of sports clubs ,they have a gym as well .so what better way to keep my weight in check grin cheesy

9-You can get a residence permit within a short period unlike some countries

10-uuummm I just love the idea of studying in Ireland . kiss

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Road To Ireland by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2018
nursennenny:
Fortifiedcity
Kk4

Check out the above update ,it will help you in budgeting
Wow. Cool. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: The Road To Ireland by Nedlog(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
Interesting Writeup There..@nursennenny...Hoping To Move To Ireland When I'm Ready. I Just Love D Fact That Its An English Speaking Country
Re: The Road To Ireland by HeWrites(m): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nedlog:
Interesting Writeup There..@nursennenny...Hoping To Move To Ireland When I'm Ready. I Just Love D Fact That Its An English Speaking Country

Hi bro, you're currently in S.Korea?
Re: The Road To Ireland by HeWrites(m): 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2018
nursennenny:

1-Ireland has one of the best system of education in the world ,students in those countries even testifies this as I know a lot of international students .
2-cost of living is relatively affordable ,imagine paying your tuition and then get accommodation plus medical insurance at no extra .
Moreover you are given accommodation that is just a walking distance to the school and so this cuts cost on transportation

4-you finish your programmer within a relatively short period

7-Ireland is destination for tourist ,so what's better than studying in a country where you can enjoy your holidays as well ?

8-My school offers swimming classes plus lots of sports clubs ,they have a gym as well .so what better way to keep my weight in check grin cheesy

Congratulations to you.

I planned on Schooling in S.Korea but with all what you list here, I'm thinking of considering Ireland grin

3 Likes

Re: The Road To Ireland by Nedlog(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
HeWrites:

Hi bro, you're currently in S.Korea?
Will B There By Nxt Month For My M.Sc By God's Grace. Evritin Is Set

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Road To Ireland by Idonije8(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
nursennenny:
For the sake of all interested I will give a breakdown of the cost in the course of getting my visa plus school related expenses as well

1-international passport..........#28,000
2-visa fee..............................#50400
3)Tuition fee..........................€9000
*i exchanged my naira in the bank at #446 for €1
*But I later paid in dollars tho
*it is also noteworthy that the £9000 is inclusive of accommodation and medical insurance
4-flight ................. subject to time of travel and whether u fly business or economy
There are lots of airways,so always check the one u can afford
was it bsc or msc you applied for?

1 Like

Re: The Road To Ireland by Idonije8(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
how much for bsc fees? £9000?
Re: The Road To Ireland by HeWrites(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nedlog:

Will B There By Nxt Month For My M.Sc By God's Grace. Evritin Is Set

Congrats bro and I wish you best of luck

Please check your mail
Re: The Road To Ireland by Nedlog(m): 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
HeWrites:

Congrats bro and I wish you best of luck

Please check your mail

Bro I Have Issues Wit My Mail So Cnt Access It For Nw...U Cud Ask Me Anything Here If U Dnt Mind....Thanks
Re: The Road To Ireland by HeWrites(m): 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nedlog:

Bro I Have Issues Wit My Mail So Cnt Access It For Nw...U Cud Ask Me Anything Here If U Dnt Mind....Thanks

This is someone's thread, don't wanna derail it
Re: The Road To Ireland by ItzBIM(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
nursennenny:

4-you finish your programmer within a relatively short period

Quick question why not Canada ?
Re: The Road To Ireland by Trenton: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
ItzBIM:

itk, oversabi. see ur mouth likke y not canada

1 Like

Re: The Road To Ireland by ItzBIM(m): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
Trenton:

itk, oversabi. see ur mouth likke y not canada

Lol, I only asked because Canada allows you to stay back after studying and get a permanent resident card.
Re: The Road To Ireland by abuhusna1: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
ItzBIM:

Lol, I only asked because Canada allows you to stay back after studying and get a permanent resident card.
Didn't you read the part that says your ate allowed to stay for two years after your study in Ireland

3 Likes

Re: The Road To Ireland by ItzBIM(m): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
abuhusna1:

Didn't you read the part that says your ate allowed to stay for two years after your study in Ireland

Except there is no time limit in Canada
Re: The Road To Ireland by Menakay(m): 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2018
nursennenny:
Like I promised ,I am here to share my experience getting an Irish visa in Nigeria

Firstly , all thanks to God cos it was never really easy but definitely worth it at the end .

I am not a guru on visa and won't claim to be one

I am just here to help put someone through with any little help I can offer based on my own experience.
I have been to the UK twice on a 6 months visa, renewed for 5 years and was granted, I want to spend 1 week in Ireland before going to the Uk to spend 1 week. I am a worker, what documents do i need to submit for Ireland visa application?

Feel free to ask your questions no matter how silly it might sound .
Re: The Road To Ireland by nursennenny(f): 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nedlog:
oooohhh thanks cheesy
Wish you all the best .

1 Like

Re: The Road To Ireland by nursennenny(f): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
ItzBIM:

grin grin grin

I don't always do things for the name

You check the hidden potentials wherever u are going .

Not cos it's a popular place

Ireland offers just as much or even more than Canada

My opinion anyway smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Road To Ireland by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
op did you write any English test? also did you pay your tuition fee before the school gave you the admission ? if yes, what was your bank statement like...looking forward to hear from you
Re: The Road To Ireland by Nellychinma20(f): 7:30am On Jul 23, 2018
Fwesh101:
op did you write any English test? also did you pay your tuition fee before the school gave you the admission ? if yes, what was your bank statement like...looking forward to hear from you
No,i didn't write anyEnglish exam till the school showed me their English requirements .

Secondly,where is it possible to pay tuition when u have not been offered admission which invariably means u are not a student of the school ?

Lastly,forget what my account looked like and focus more on how much is needed for the tuition and maintainance which they stated as €7000 which is around #3,000,000 .However the naira equivalence is subject to FX rate at any given time .

Attached is a copy of my offer letter from the school ,stating the English language requirement .
Will not post everything here as i wouldn't want any criminal to take on fraudulent acts with it .

Hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: The Road To Ireland by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
Nellychinma20:
No,i didn't write anyEnglish exam till the school showed me their English requirements .

Secondly,where is it possible to pay tuition when u have not been offered admission which invariably means u are not a student of the school ?

Lastly,forget what my account looked like and focus more on how much is needed for the tuition and maintainance which they stated as €7000 which is around #3,000,000 .However the naira equivalence is subject to FX rate at any given time .

Attached is a copy of my offer letter from the school ,stating the English language requirement .
Will not post everything here as i wouldn't want any criminal to take on fraudulent acts with it .

Hope this helps

thank you, all the best

1 Like

Re: The Road To Ireland by Kingzy4pep(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nellychinma20:
Thanks for answering that question
Please did you certify your documents before applying for admission and if you did, where did you do it?
I'm applying for a program at TCD and was asked to certify my transcript.
Re: The Road To Ireland by Nellychinma20(f): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Please did you certify your documents before applying for admission and if you did, where did you do it?
I'm applying for a program at TCD and was asked to certify my transcript.

No, i was not asked to certify any document . I just assumed they did that themselves .

Moreover it seems they contacted my school directly to email them my transcript even after submission .

What's TCD?
Re: The Road To Ireland by Kingzy4pep(m): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nellychinma20:

No, i was not asked to certify any document . I just assumed they did that themselves .

Moreover it seems they contacted my school directly to email them my transcript even after submission .

What's TCD?
Alright. Someone already told me where to do it. Will get it done tomorrow. Thank you.

Trinity college Dublin.

1 Like

Re: The Road To Ireland by Nellychinma20(f): 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Alright. Someone already told me where to do it. Will get it done tomorrow. Thank you.

Trinity college Dublin.
ok
Best of wishes .

1 Like

Re: The Road To Ireland by Chinlov: 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2018
Pls students in Ireland what is the job market like
Re: The Road To Ireland by meoella: 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
nursennenny:
I personally applied to the Irish embassy with all the documents I could find .

My visa processing took took 6 weeks on the dot

Though the courier they used (UPS) wasted a lot of time

When I finally saw the approval on my passport,I forgot my grievances towards the courier.

Attached are the documents used

Hello Nnenna, I called you earlier, but your response as made me to quote you and set the record straigh though am not a frequent visitor here.

A colleague drew my attention to this post and am surprised you came on Nairaland to Lie that you applied and got your visa by yourself whereas I helped you with your admission and your visa application from start to finish. As far as am concerned, you taking the glory shows how ungrateful you are and even posting the checklist and visa requirement i gave you here without my consent shows more about your character.

Its just sad that you now claim to be a visa expert and you are going to mislead a lot of people here because the rules are changing day by day. There are more than 40% visa refusals this September for Irish visa and you dont even have a clue of the factors responsible for that. Your case was different because someone who knows about it helped you. Then why mislead others?

My advise to you is to be true to yourself, and learn to be grateful to those who helped you on your way. Am not here to blame you for giving out the information, but please do the right thing.

Thank you and have a great day

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks / Who Knows This Accident Victim From Cross River State (pic) / Beware: Online Dynamic Ltd “immigration Visas To Canada”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.